BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 01:41 PM   #1
kburlsn

Default 7100i and Earbud with Direct Connect Button

Please Login to Remove!

The Nextel website indicates that the "Earbud with Direct Connect Button" (EVE0002) is compatible with the 7100i. However, I've plugged it into 2 different 7100i's and cannot get that direct button to work (the speaker and the mic work great). I plugged the earbud into an i830 and the direct button worked flawlessly. I'm wondering if anyone has gotten the direct connect button to work successfully on a 7100i? Thanks.

Kelly
Old 11-02-2005, 01:52 PM   #2
str8down
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
Carrier: AT&T

Be careful what you say on this forum. People will tell you to suck it up and the phone isn't supposed to work as advertised.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:43 PM   #3
martin_j001
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: none
Carrier: Nokia e71 on ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kburlsn
The Nextel website indicates that the "Earbud with Direct Connect Button" (EVE0002) is compatible with the 7100i. However, I've plugged it into 2 different 7100i's and cannot get that direct button to work (the speaker and the mic work great). I plugged the earbud into an i830 and the direct button worked flawlessly. I'm wondering if anyone has gotten the direct connect button to work successfully on a 7100i? Thanks.

Kelly
From looking at the headset jack, it looks like the older (i730 and earlier) jacks that used a circular "tab" that went all the way around the connecter--it served as another connection to the headset jack that allowed for control of the DC button to be located on the jack. It would be crappy if Nextel was giving these headsets advertising this feature and in reality you had to buy another headset to use it....but I haven't tried my included headset either--bluetooth is better, IMO. :D

As for your issue, str8--most people probably don't find a "one touch" DC feature to be something that is worth buying or not buying a phone over, or even getting upset about really, its a blackberry afterall. I tried this feature when I used my i730 and absolutely hated it...every time I sat down I ended up DC'ing my wife without knowing it--pissed her off real good too... Its not that great a feature, and certainly the BB has far more useful features than this as well....
Old 11-02-2005, 03:58 PM   #4
str8down
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_j001
From looking at the headset jack, it looks like the older (i730 and earlier) jacks that used a circular "tab" that went all the way around the connecter--it served as another connection to the headset jack that allowed for control of the DC button to be located on the jack. It would be crappy if Nextel was giving these headsets advertising this feature and in reality you had to buy another headset to use it....but I haven't tried my included headset either--bluetooth is better, IMO. :D

As for your issue, str8--most people probably don't find a "one touch" DC feature to be something that is worth buying or not buying a phone over, or even getting upset about really, its a blackberry afterall. I tried this feature when I used my i730 and absolutely hated it...every time I sat down I ended up DC'ing my wife without knowing it--pissed her off real good too... Its not that great a feature, and certainly the BB has far more useful features than this as well....

I personally think ringtones are stupid, why do you need it to play a damn song. It comes with many tunes on the phone. But yet people are in an uproar that the phone doesn't have them.. And why?? Because they said it does. Same reason I am mad. What's not important to you is to others, and it's the fact, that they say it has the feature, but doesn't. I don't complain that it doesn't have a full keyboard like the 7520 does, even though I would like to have one. Why am I not mad, because they never claimed it to have it, so I know what I am buying when I decide. And it just so happens that the One Touch DC was a deciding factor for me when I broke my 7520 and had to make the decision to upgrade.

I personally think the DC on a headset is useless, since I don't use a headset, but if they say it works, and it doesn't, then yep, I'm pissed about that too.

Last edited by str8down; 11-02-2005 at 04:00 PM..
Old 11-02-2005, 05:37 PM   #5
martin_j001
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: none
Carrier: Nokia e71 on ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8down
I personally think ringtones are stupid, why do you need it to play a damn song. It comes with many tunes on the phone. But yet people are in an uproar that the phone doesn't have them.. And why?? Because they said it does. Same reason I am mad. What's not important to you is to others, and it's the fact, that they say it has the feature, but doesn't. I don't complain that it doesn't have a full keyboard like the 7520 does, even though I would like to have one. Why am I not mad, because they never claimed it to have it, so I know what I am buying when I decide. And it just so happens that the One Touch DC was a deciding factor for me when I broke my 7520 and had to make the decision to upgrade.

I personally think the DC on a headset is useless, since I don't use a headset, but if they say it works, and it doesn't, then yep, I'm pissed about that too.
Sorry to hear that it was a deciding factor for you then....and I agree, it does suck that it does not work exactly as it is advertised....

I'm just mad mine doesn't give bj's....I swear I saw that it did somewhere.... :D :D :D :D
Old 11-02-2005, 09:34 PM   #6
jdposhkus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_j001
Sorry to hear that it was a deciding factor for you then....and I agree, it does suck that it does not work exactly as it is advertised....

I'm just mad mine doesn't give bj's....I swear I saw that it did somewhere.... :D :D :D :D
LOL
2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2008
Old 11-07-2005, 09:39 PM   #7
Toddboy71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmo

Too funny Martin!!! I thought I read that too. Maybe we should start a revolution.......?
Closed Thread