Old 01-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
davemack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default BlueTooth linkup with Curve

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, I decided to buy a BlueTooth adapter for my desktop so I got the D-Link-120 2.0 USB Adapter and I installed it. Seems like that part works fine.

I see that there are two ways to approach BlueTooth setup, from the Curve or from the computer itself. I have tried both ways repeatedly and it always fails near the last step.

The BlueTooth Manager "sees" the "Blackberry 8310" so I since that's the only thing highlighted, I click "Next"

Then, on the BB, it prompts me for the "numeric passkey" for "My Computer", (where "My Computer" is the actual name of my computer). I assume it means the password my computer needs to startup which is not a number so I hit the "Enter" key or the trackball on the BB and it switches to "Enter alphanumeric Passkey for My Computer"

I put that in and the BB says, "Waiting for (My Computer)" but, on the csreen of my computer, a box pops up asking for the "Bluethooth Passkey (PIN)" which I can only assume is the PIN of my BB.

Each time I enter that, that's when it says "connection failed"

I've done it half a dozen times now and since the def of insanity is doing the same thing expecting a different result, I need some ideas to do something different.

Any ideas?
Old 01-05-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
bahurd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Bluetooth passkey

Enter 0000 (four zeros) on your blackberry when it asks for the bluetooth passkey.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
davemack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Still get "Connection Failed - Unable to pair with (My Computer)"

But I can hear the wave file tones play telling me that they are actually linking and it seems that It fails at the very last step when I enter eith the "PIN" on the computer, (if I'm going that way), or entering the computer's password on the BB.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
davemack
Thumbs Must Hurt

New developments- I actually got a successful link> They actuall say they are "paired" to each other now.

I discovered that when it asked for the computer's passkey, that has nothing to do with the password I use to start windows or the computer. It is any random number set I feel like and as long as I enter the very same number set on both devices, it links up.

Now, I have another problem though. Even though both devices say they are successfully linked, when I start the BB Desktop Manager, click on "Options' - "Connection Settings", the "Enable bluetooth is grayed out and I can't get the DM to say it is connected.

I'm using DM ver 4.2 because I need it to be able to work with Outlook 2000 but it seems it should still work.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #5
Papa-Pompous
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: 31AE1088
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

Wirelessly posted

When pairing the devices you could try "0000" for both your passcode and your pin. Similar to pairing with another phone.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:39 AM   #6
davemack
Thumbs Must Hurt

It seems like I don't have a problem "pairing" them anymore as far as the Bluetooth Manager is concerned. Even the BB says that it is "connected". And, in "my" Bluetooth manager, I get a couple options to transfer data/media and was able to open what seemed like a blank folder on the BB from my computer.

The problem I am having now is that my BB Desktop Manager (4.2) doesn't want to cooperate. I can't seem to "connect" as far as it's concerned. So I can't use the apps in there.

When I investigate the properties of my Bluetooth connection, in one place, it says I am using port Com-40 which isn't even an option in the connection options of the BB DM.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #7
davemack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well, I think I found the answer here -> http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...p-manager.html