Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
brian1415

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default unlocking itunes videos and songs

Please Login to Remove!

i have the storm and i want to put songs and videos on it but itunes files are protected

the only way i know how is to put them on a cd and then reload them but when u put the song on the cd they are still protected

please
help
Old 01-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
hammondfra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: 304493C1
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

iTunes just announced that they are truly releasing 8 million songs this month that DRM free for an additional 30 cents...there are ways around DRm, but I am sure it is against site policy for me to talk about it...so just follow the first thing I stated.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

As far as video.
There's blackberry video generator. I use Format Factory which is free and automatically converts the itunes video to a blackberry format. While DRM still exits, I would burn the music onto a CD first.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
john7760

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

Look around there are programs that will rip the songs off of the ipod then making them usable for the storm.....
Old 01-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #5
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondfra View Post
iTunes just announced that they are truly releasing 8 million songs this month that DRM free for an additional 30 cents...there are ways around DRm, but I am sure it is against site policy for me to talk about it...so just follow the first thing I stated.
Yeah, Amazon MP3 ... Goto Amazon.com MP3 Downloads: Free music, bestselling songs from $.79, most albums $8.99 or lower. Compatible with MP3 players, including the iPod®.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
correia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry Media Sync will sync your iTunes music and videos with your blackberry. It came with the software CD's. I have tried it and it works great.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
wunderbar
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by correia View Post
Blackberry Media Sync will sync your iTunes music and videos with your blackberry. It came with the software CD's. I have tried it and it works great.
he's probably talking about DRM'd content from the iTunes store. Thankfully that won't be a problem with music anymore, but as far as any purchased TV or movies from the iTunes store, there is no way to legally move it to a non-apple device.
Blackberry 9630
WES 2008 Alumni
Old 01-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #8
Vertioch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Ummm... I've never had a problem w/ burning a music CD from iTunes, then ripping it back in as mp3s... I haven't done it in a while since I don't buy that much music... but that's the easiest way to make your library most compatible...

As was previously mentioned, they are now offering a "premium" purchase that gets you an mp3... but paying extra for the same thing doesn't really appeal to me when I can rip it back in. I always keep my purchased files as a backup...

I don't have a clue w/ the videos, I don't buy them...
Old 01-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #9
stone126

Model: 9350
Carrier: verizon
Default Regards to movies

Trying to put itunes locked music onto the storm is a pain since i have a friend who sends me a lot of his music downloaded off itunes which i cant use but in regards to the movies, i have a mac and i am using pocket mac however i can simply drag the movies that i want to load onto my storm onto the drive that shows when the storm is connected to the computer. As long as the movies are mp4 they should work. If not im sure there are converters for mp4.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #10
ekkoville

Model: 9530
Default Regarding Music

I have put several songs on my storm, but I forgot that my U2 collection was ripped to apple lossless I believe. Is there an app that will play or convert these in the storm? I'd hate to rerip to a lesser quality.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #11
franknbeans
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Vrz

tunebite.com

works great
Old 01-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #12
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I just went to upgrade my iTunes library to the DRM free version .. They want $132 ... Man I knew I spent too much money in there. I am going to stick with Amazon MP3, it's a shame that I have to spend an additional .30 to unlock each song that I previously purchased for .99 ... Just sucks IMO! ... However, for the songs I must have on my Storm, I have found the burn to disc, then rip approach to work well.
Closed Thread