BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 03:20 AM   #1
ZbadhabitZ

Model: 7250
Default 7100i Refuses To Get Coverage

Please Login to Remove!

Just got my Nextel 7100i today. Took out of the box, put in the battery, etc. etc. The problem I'm having is; the damn thing refuses to get any service, anywhere. It never has any "bars" and there's always that x, symbolizing it has no service. I've tried taking out and removing the battery, turning the wireless on and off, etc. Is there something I'm missing? For a moment it did have service, then when I moved it like a centimeter it lost service and hasn't gotten it back. I tend to doubt it's my location either; I've been from Hollywood up to Santa Barbara and the thing hasn't gotten service anywhere, whereas my Nextel 7520 has had service all day. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Old 11-12-2005, 04:16 AM   #2
EDIGITAL40
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100i

did you call nextel have them reset your phone
Old 11-12-2005, 10:07 AM   #3
martin_j001
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: none
Carrier: Nokia e71 on ATT

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

Try a master radio reset. Options, Security, General Options, click anywhere and select Master Radio Reset. The code needed is "00000".
Old 11-13-2005, 03:41 PM   #4
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

The Nextels won't show service unless you have an active account/sim in them.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:17 PM   #5
andrebsd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: MetroPCS

Do you have a blackberry data plan? Some people say nextel only works when your blackberry has voice and data; others say you can do it with only voice.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:06 PM   #6
jboogie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t

mabe your sim is in upside down..

maybe it got wet...

maybe its broke.

maybe it was exposed to microwaves... if i just got a new BB and i couldnt do shit, i would gone right back to the dealer. in the time it took you to make an account, you coulda had them tell you if it was just you or the battery or the attenna or the fact you dont have a service plan (which is my bet)...

you didnt tell us anyhting about the plan or if you even bothered to call the nextel help line to see wtf is up with this 300 dollar piece of plastic i wanna use and paid for.. i would.

we can only guess why it doesnt work.. you need to call your service provider asap.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:43 PM   #7
splacko
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

If you try the master radio reset and that still doesn't work, I would take it back to where you purchased it from and exchange it. I wouldn't even dick around with it after I paid good money for something that's supposed to be "efficient". I don't see how something can save you time if it doesn't work to begin with.