Old 12-28-2008, 04:45 AM   #1
xtreme__boi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 20CAC0E8
Carrier: Vodafone
Question WeatherBug

Please Login to Remove!

After finally managing to move the icon from my download folder, over to my home screen, I just have one more question.

If I click on the WeatherBug icon, it will open up in the BlackBerry browser. If I am honest, I am not very keen on the BlackBerry browser, and I am currently using Opera Mini as my browser. Is there any way I can configure WeatherBug to open up in Opera Mini, rather than the BlackBerry browser?

PIN: 20CAC0E8 Go on, Send me a PIN msg
Old 01-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #2
rrhutch
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

There is not a way to do this.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #3
paulmac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm
PIN: Ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme__boi View Post
After finally managing to move the icon from my download folder, over to my home screen, I just have one more question.

If I click on the WeatherBug icon, it will open up in the BlackBerry browser. If I am honest, I am not very keen on the BlackBerry browser, and I am currently using Opera Mini as my browser. Is there any way I can configure WeatherBug to open up in Opera Mini, rather than the BlackBerry browser?

You must be using the push version of weatherbug, there is another version you might like instead, and there is a seperate thread on it. Works really well with the latest version, so you might want to give it a try instead of the push version. The thread can be found here

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...bug-storm.html
Old 01-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
xtreme__boi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
You must be using the push version of weatherbug, there is another version you might like instead, and there is a seperate thread on it. Works really well with the latest version, so you might want to give it a try instead of the push version. The thread can be found here

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...bug-storm.html

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ml#post1230249

Old 01-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #5
Greaper

Cheers mate works like a charm... now i just have to figure out how to change it from Fahrenheit to degrees Celsius. anyone know how???
Old 01-13-2009, 12:19 AM   #6
bsbretly
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530

For those that have the app, how long does it usually take for it to locate you and update the weather? Also, does the weather icon(the little picture of the weather) update by itself?
Old 01-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #7
paulmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbretly View Post
For those that have the app, how long does it usually take for it to locate you and update the weather? Also, does the weather icon(the little picture of the weather) update by itself?
You can select preferences for this application there you can tell it how often to update. And yes the icon displayed on the desktop does change to reflect the current weather (based on info recieved during last update).
Old 01-13-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
paulmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greaper View Post
Cheers mate works like a charm... now i just have to figure out how to change it from Fahrenheit to degrees Celsius. anyone know how???

Cheers, launch the application, then hit the blackberry button and select preferences. In there you can change both the temperature and wind speed from English to Metric.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #9
2thlaser

Model: 9530

Loaded this app yesterday, it works great. Just remember that you need to be outdoors for the most part, to have the GPS be working for this app.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #10
xtreme__boi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thlaser View Post
Loaded this app yesterday, it works great. Just remember that you need to be outdoors for the most part, to have the GPS be working for this app.
or close to a window works for me!

Closed Thread