Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
Robert Mill Valley

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Question HELP -- Bold Crash

Please Login to Remove!

I just got my Bold 9000 last week and everything was going great until about four hours ago when all the Internet links crashed -- even the icons disappeared from my screen. Even the camera icon is gone.

I am not very tech savvy, so let me throw out some more info, which may or may not be related -

I had just finished linking the Bold to my laptop for the first time. I downloaded the communications manager software from AT&T. There did not appear to be any problem there. Disconnected the USB cable.

Then I separately registered my laptop with Skype. No problem. Then I went back to my Bold and there were some messages on the Bold from Skype. Linkage prompts. I clicked through them without thinking they were anything to pay attention to. Next time I tried my email it was not there. Nothing. Could this crash have been created by that Skype link?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Bob
Old 02-08-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
gazzhanson

Model: 9000
Carrier: Etisalat

I haven't got Skype to load yet, and want it. My 9000 reboots continiously when I connect the Wifi. I took it back to the retail agent, and they are going to replace the unit. I don't think this is the end of my problem. It is only 2 weeks old. Gary
Old 02-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #3
Robert Mill Valley

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks, Gary. I was operating on my LAN at home, so it was on WiFi. Then I took the Bold out to where there was clear signal -- phone works; but no internet-related icons, except MediaNet. I tried going through that menu to the Internet and it gave me a message about system failure!

Anyway, how do you reboot the Bold?

Bob
Old 02-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #4
ScottMB4
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Pull the battery for 60 seconds while the device is powered on, and then replace it.