BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 12:58 AM   #1
OstrichSak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default BB shows two new messages waiting but there are NO new messages??

Please Login to Remove!

Anyone had this happen yet? I have a '2' at the top of the screen with a new message indicator as if I had two new messages. When I go into my folder there are NO new messages waiting. I tried to click 'Mark Prior Opened' at the very top and it's still there. Tried removing the battery and it still doesn't fix it. I attempted to reconcile (does this feature even do anything?) and still nothing. When I go to my email folder list there is a asterisk with my Gmail folder like there is two new messages in it but when I open it there is nothing there.

Anyone had this problem specifically. A search didn't yield an answer for this. Thanks!
Old 03-18-2009, 05:27 AM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Go to mail
Options
View folder

Look there

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:09 AM   #3
WayneHardy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mobile

Could it be missed calls.

Just had this on mine and turns out that's what it was
Old 03-18-2009, 09:10 AM   #4
OstrichSak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Go to mail
Options
View folder

Look there
I tried that too and looked through the various folders and can't seem to find anything.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:11 AM   #5
OstrichSak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneHardy View Post
Could it be missed calls.

Just had this on mine and turns out that's what it was
Nope, this isn't it either.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
brandnewsimmy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Maybe try going into every folder (sms, each mailbox if you have more than one set up) and at the very top on the bar with the date hit 'menu' - 'mark prior opened' and hopefully that will clear it. Or you could open 'Search' and right near the bottom it says 'Show' set that drop down to 'unopened only' and you should get a list of unopened things.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #7
raja_3012
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhn4
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnewsimmy View Post
Or you could open 'Search' and right near the bottom it says 'Show' set that drop down to 'unopened only' and you should get a list of unopened things.
Yeah... try whatever is quoted but worst comes worst.. you may try to reload the OS or upgrade to 4.6.1.174 .. it may fix the problem.

Nokia 2100 > Nokia 6100 > Samsung t319 > Nokia 5300 > Blackberry 8320 > Blackberry 8900 > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4
Old 03-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #8
OstrichSak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Fixed. Thank you. I tried the 'mark previous opened' method and still no dice. I then tried what you said about searching (I didn't know that was an option) and two emails popped up. The weird thing is when I clicked them to open them they disappeared as if they were already deleted. Weird but solved. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnewsimmy View Post
Maybe try going into every folder (sms, each mailbox if you have more than one set up) and at the very top on the bar with the date hit 'menu' - 'mark prior opened' and hopefully that will clear it. Or you could open 'Search' and right near the bottom it says 'Show' set that drop down to 'unopened only' and you should get a list of unopened things.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #9
JeepFrog

PIN: 24b0a1c5

I had this same issue. If you noticed that the envelope icon was slanted, then the messages were SMS messages. This is the first BB I had that the SMS and MMS messages were not in the normal 'messages' folder that displayed all of my messages regardless of source.

If you look in the messages folder and hit the menu key and go to options, then general options, look for SMS and Email Inboxes. Set it to Combined instead of what was default on mine...Theme Controlled. This should lump them all back into one place like I wanted (and was used to) them to be.

I have had the 7105T, Pearl, and 8820 Curve all on T-Mobile and this is the first time I have seen this behavior/option.

Hope this helps.
Closed Thread