BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 10:16 AM   #1
plisken
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100
Default BUGS: enterprise wireless sync & email... Anyone else?

Please Login to Remove!

I purchased the 8700 on 11/26 and found two bugs thus far. First, I have setup the device for wireless sync with our corporate enterprise server. The enterprise activation only completes to about 90% and then stops. My "tasks" are included in the remaining 10% so they never get to the BB. I do have wireless sync enabled as the option. I tried to create a new task on the BB, as well as the desktop and all I get is the little "clock", meaning that it is queued up for sync. I have tried several times to perform the enterprise activation and it simply will not complete.

The second issue is that all of my email on the enterprise exchange server wirelessly sync'd to the BB perfectly. After completion, I checked to ensure that new messages would arrive, and then did. In addition, I logged into my cingular web client and setup the new device to receive my personal email. This worked just fine as well. After all of my testing, I went into the mailbox on the BB and selected "Delete Prior" as I had messages from the past week that I wanted to purge in one swipe. It deleted all but about 5 messages which will not delete, period! I mean, what the heck is this all about?

At this time, I am searching for two critical items. A hard reset function or a number directly to RIM without having to go through Cingular tech support. Like they are going to know how to support this brand new device. I have searched the manual, as well as the web and the only info that I can find on resetting is to pull the battery. BB users know all this does is basically reboot the device. I need to wipe all of the info from it!

Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated! Especially, a phone number to RIM or a hard reset (wipe) command!

Last edited by plisken; 11-27-2005 at 10:28 AM..
Old 11-27-2005, 10:19 AM   #2
cwosigns
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9300
Carrier: AT&T

To wipe the handheld:

Go to Options, then click Security Options. Click General Settings. The first choice is Password. Press the scroll wheel and you'll see Change Option, Wipe Handheld, etc.

I believe if you choose "Wipe Handheld" it will do just that.
Columbus, Ohio
Old 11-27-2005, 10:23 AM   #3
plisken

Excellent! It was a little hidden compared to that on the 7100 that I have been using. One down and two to go. Does anyone have the number for RIM tech support?
Old 11-27-2005, 01:17 PM   #4
celcius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c

Actually, that wipe command doesn't completely wipe the system. I tried it and it left my programs that I loaded on there intact. It did wipe all the data and settings however.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:26 PM   #5
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Wipe only deletes data, have you tried using javaloader to do awipe, then reload the os and start from scratch?

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 11-27-2005, 01:29 PM   #6
plisken

I "wiped" the handheld, re-activated, and everything has been resolved! Now, if only Cingular will unlock the laptop modem feature then I will be a happy camper!
Old 11-27-2005, 02:11 PM   #7
MobileRC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
Wipe only deletes data, have you tried using javaloader to do awipe, then reload the os and start from scratch?
I was actually looking for steps on how to do this, do you know where I could find them?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:03 AM   #8
Inphektion
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: (¯`·.¸at&t¸.·´¯)

Yes this exact issue happened on ours as well.
I'll try the wipe to see if it fixes it but regardless it's a bug they'll have to address.
And the number I've always used to contact them is 877.BLK.BERR
Old 11-28-2005, 10:37 AM   #9
celcius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
When reinstalling the OS there is a selection to "Erase all currently installed applications". This will completely get rid of everything and put it back to the way it was when you first turned it on.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:04 PM   #10
Inphektion
CrackBerry Addict

Just a normal wipe from the handheld resolves this issue.
Erasing all apps and completely reloading the OS fixes this as well. Though its probably overkill in this situation.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:40 PM   #11
JBiraglia

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Does the Wipe Clean feature delete only the data in the Address Book or does it also delete the speed dial settings and the other device settings (ie. themes, background etc.)?
Old 11-29-2005, 09:08 AM   #12
Inphektion
CrackBerry Addict

Deletes all personal data so speed dials too. But then with enterprise activation it will all come back if you have the wireless backup enabled.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:16 AM   #13
kjohn

Model: 7290
Carrier: AIS

FYI.. A Wipe solved my 90% issue as well.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:53 PM   #14
Natrone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: AT&T

I've been on the phone with RIM all last week regarding this issue. Yes, the work around according to them is to wipe the handheld, remove and readd the user to the BES and then activate again.

What we have figured out is that the XML needs updated on the server. Download and update the XML parser and SDK, there is a new release.
Closed Thread