Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
joebaggg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Default problem with compose shortcut

Please Login to Remove!

i have "compose" as a side key so that i can quickly text someone... for some reason it will not recognise some contacts as a mobile number for example

i press the side key and choose danielle to sms then it brings me to a text window with danielle in the TO: field

then following the same steps choosing "dad" it will ask me if i want to call dad rather then bring up a text window.

dad and daniell both have one phone number in the mobile field typed in exactly the same way

if i add an email address to dad then when i use the compose key it will bring me to an email window as the default.

whats going on?!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
joebaggg

UPDATE**** did a hard reset for another issue i was having and now the compose key dosent recognise anyone... :(
Old 04-02-2009, 04:38 AM   #3
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Ok, firstly. If you you compose and highlight a contact, you click the menu key and select SMS. and it will compose an SMS. by default, whenever you want to send something to that contact it will always choose SMS. Until you change that, for example emailing them. Then the default will be email.

If you chose a contact, menu-sms, compose sms, send. and then want to sms another contact, you have to go menu-sms. Because until you send that other contact a sms the default for compose is CALL.

For the updated second problem, try going to the screen/keyboard options, changing the key to something else, save, see if that works, then go back and change to compose, and see if that made a difference.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 04-02-2009, 06:38 AM   #4
nick.dollimount
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 216DF034
Carrier: Rogers

You can download Qsms for free and then set that to your convenience key. Qsms launches a new text message compose. It gives you the Q shortcut from your homescreen if you have dial from home screen turned off. I just tested it with the convenience key and works like a charm.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
joebaggg

Wirelessly posted

Thank yo both. I didn't understand the functionality of the compose button I couldn't figure out why it was so inconsistant. Qsms is perfect! Thanks! Exactly what I needed. Thanks again all!
Closed Thread