Old 02-25-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
wademac
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Storm Today Theme Issues

Please Login to Remove!

One of the most valuable themes I used previously on my 8800 was the Today theme, which at a glance shows you your upcoming appointments...

I've downloaded quite a few of the new Today themes for the Storm and I have noticed a problem on all of them. The only appointments showing on the Today "home" screen are those that I've physically entered on the Storm....those that I've entered in Outlook at work and sync thru the Blackberry Enterprise server are not showing up on this home page. They are synching fine in the calendar, but the themes are not pulling those appointments onto the home screen, just those that were entered directly on the Storm. I've looked at my various Calendar settings and cannot find anything that would or should effect the Today page.

Anyone else noticed this or can tell me if I am doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
keno

Model: 9530

I found a today theme several days ago and installed it. Everything works fine.
My outlook entries and storm added entries are displayed; everything integrated seamlessly.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
donas2000

Model: 8130
Carrier: verizon

I had a similiar problem, the "send using" block at the top of the entry is what was causing my problem. Look at your entries that show and compare them to the ones that don't and see if "send using" is the same.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #4
wademac

Model: Storm

I think that may be the root of the problem, but with the majority of my appointments being synched from my desktop, I don't want to have to go back in and change the "send from" drop down on each entry. I did not have this problem on my 8800, as all calendar entries whether originating from my desktop or my BB, would show on the Today home screen.

I'm hoping this is not a problem originating from the BES (enterprise) at my company, because I've discovered that "blackberry support" is definitely an oxymoron where I work.....
Old 02-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
donas2000

Model: 8130
Carrier: verizon

I really doubt it had anything to do with the work system, as mine is personal and only connected to my laptop-with the same problem.

Now for the bad news, I couldn't figure out anyway to change the send from setting once saved. I had to delete and re-enter the entries with the correct e-mail.

I have yet to figure out why some of my entried even had the wrong e-mail, but I pay more attention when adding entried now. I don't make calendar entries on the laptop, but I will play with it and see what else you can do.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:43 AM   #6
gordboy

Model: 9530
Default default entry

I had the same issue (and didn't want to correct everything manually). Here's how I solved it.

In the blackberry options --> advanced options --> default services:
change the default calendar service to be whatever account your outlook uses

In the desktop manager --> backup and restore --> advanced:
clear the calendar database

In the desktop manager --> synchronize --> configure synch --> calendar:
change to "outlook wins"

then do a sync, your calendar should be fixed.

In the desktop manager --> synchronize --> configure synch --> calendar:
change back to whatever you want.
Closed Thread