Old 04-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
Auroraboy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default BB BIS QUestion

Please Login to Remove!

I access my work email through Rogers BB BIS, along with a personal email and a @rogers.blackberry.net email address. Using a Bold.

I have been receiving work emails for about 6 months with generally no problems. I have had periodic Rogers BB BIS requests to go in and validate my PW for my work email. I assumed this was normal security request.

Lately, in the past few weeks I seem to be getting frequent emails to my BB, telling me I am not receiving work emails, and to go to BB BIS site to update or validate my PW. Today for example I have received the message 3 times, and have had to go in and validate my PW. Occasionaly it will not accept my PW, but if I wait long enough (hours, next day) I seem to be able to validate. Last night it would not even recognize my Rogers BIS log in ID, or PW. Kept telling me to recheck. This morning I could log in and reconfirm my work email PW.

Are the frequent stoppages of work email delivery most likely a Rogers or RIM or my company email server issue? I am guessing the latter, but I have no way of knowing how to determine. All I know is that I seem to get frequent BB messages telling me I am no longer receiving work emails and to verify or update my Passwords. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auroraboy View Post
I access my work email through Rogers BB BIS, along with a personal email and a @rogers.blackberry.net email address. Using a Bold.

I have been receiving work emails for about 6 months with generally no problems. I have had periodic Rogers BB BIS requests to go in and validate my PW for my work email. I assumed this was normal security request.

Lately, in the past few weeks I seem to be getting frequent emails to my BB, telling me I am not receiving work emails, and to go to BB BIS site to update or validate my PW. Today for example I have received the message 3 times, and have had to go in and validate my PW. Occasionaly it will not accept my PW, but if I wait long enough (hours, next day) I seem to be able to validate. Last night it would not even recognize my Rogers BIS log in ID, or PW. Kept telling me to recheck. This morning I could log in and reconfirm my work email PW.

Are the frequent stoppages of work email delivery most likely a Rogers or RIM or my company email server issue? I am guessing the latter, but I have no way of knowing how to determine. All I know is that I seem to get frequent BB messages telling me I am no longer receiving work emails and to verify or update my Passwords. Thanks in advance.
I would suggest that you are correct in your latter scenario. When they take the server off-line it will timeout and assume that your password is invalid and tell you to validate. I would suggest you contact your IT support folks and ask them who is responsible for the OWA servers. Tell them what is going on and ask about maintenance and/or migration work. I think you will find your answer there.

Sorry that I couldn't be of more assistance!

Good Luck and report back!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 04-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
Auroraboy

OK - I have had the same message about 4 times today (not receiving messages, validate email account.......).

If I do nothing as far as reconfirming my PW for example, and phone shuts itself off later tonight with auto shutoff feature, will it start to receive email tomorrow once the phone reboots, or do I need to reconfirm the password? I guess I'll find out tonight. Thought I would ask.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Its simple enough to go in and reconfirm the password, so why not do it?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
Auroraboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Its simple enough to go in and reconfirm the password, so why not do it?
Only because its happening 4-6 time per day.
Closed Thread