BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 01:43 PM   #1
ciadelle

Model: 7290
Carrier: att
Default Software to Receive Fax using BB

Please Login to Remove!

I don't have a phone line, don't want a fax, but everyone in the world needs to fax me documents. How can I receive faxes via my BB, bypassing the need for an efax subscription. Must the data go through one of my email accounts in order to reach my BB. Anyone have advice?? THKS!
Old 12-05-2005, 01:57 PM   #2
aau007
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700g
Carrier: TMO

Unless the sender has a fax to email solution, you are pretty SOL as far as I know. Keep in mind that your BB has an email account, which also let you receive attachments. However, only certain formats are supported for viewing attachments and I am not sure if tiff (the normal fax format) is supported by default.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:42 PM   #3
nb_mitch
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Efax has a free service, but limits you to 20 pages a month. I have used it for 5 years and had to switch email accounts only once because I hit the limit. They use a format you can't view on your BB, but you could see from the Web Client with the efax software installed on a PC.

Now with my BB email addy, I have another email addy to use if I hit the 20 page limit again
Old 12-05-2005, 03:20 PM   #4
Silentknight
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7250
Carrier: Earthlink
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciadelle
I don't have a phone line, don't want a fax, but everyone in the world needs to fax me documents. How can I receive faxes via my BB, bypassing the need for an efax subscription. Must the data go through one of my email accounts in order to reach my BB. Anyone have advice?? THKS!
Have you tried this? It's cheap, and works very well.
http://www.printeron.net/solutions/...n_wireless.html
Old 12-05-2005, 04:02 PM   #5
pvantienen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Not sure who your carrier is, mine is Bell Mobility here in Toronto. As part of my service plan I have a second fax line attached to my mobile phone. When you call that number you can leave a fax. I get buzzed like voice mail and it gives me the option to forward that fax to any phone number. It's a GREAT service. I would check with your provider.
Closed Thread