BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 06:51 AM   #1
Lex1con

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Warranty On Rogers Blackberry Bold?

Please Login to Remove!

Okay so I have a Blackberry bold that was purchased directly from rogers over a month ago when I came home before exams (I have an apple iphone that i was using but am a BB lover at heart). Now that i am home I went to use it and the device powered on the first two times but failed to power on a third time no red light or anything. I called up customer service the man took down my imei number and ran it through the rogers database sounded puzzled and said it didnt show up he then told me to call RIM and file for my warranty. I found this strange because I am led to understand that Rogers "takes over" the warranty from RIM and all warranty claims must be processed through Rogers. I nevertheless oblige and call RIM they take my IMEI and my PIN and run it through their system an tell me that I am WELL within warranty and that ROGERS should be replacing the phone at no cost to me. I then call Rogers back and politely explain myself the representative asks for more information about my account agrees that the phone will be replaced adds notes to my account and the transfers me. I am disconnected. No biggie I call back and get a female representative who says that phones sold by rogers at FULL VALUE i.e $649 for the bold come with NO WARRANTY whatsoever obviously this is a load of crock and Im getting nowhere hes extremely rude and offers no help and hangs up on me.

Sidenote: I am extremely calm through all of this Ive dealt with rogers before and have learned that blind anger gets you nowhere

I call back a couple hours and get a nice guy by the name of Leo from blackberry technical support who agrees that my phone is defective apologizes for the last csr that I had to deal with attaches more notes to my file (at this point it must be looking like a small essay heh) and assigns me a reference number so I can reference my case to anyone else I have to speak to. He then says he has to transfer me to the pay as you go department because my sister whose name the account is under is a pay as you go customer. I agree and he transfers me over however by this time the offices are closed so I get a recording. Not his fault and at least he gave me the reference number so im happy. I call this morning and get one of the blackberry technicians who apologizes for the hoops I have to jump through is shocked and appalled at some of the CSR's I've had to deal agrees that my phone is defective and needs to be replaced and adds some of his notes.
When he gets to the swap screen hes confused and says that theirs no option so he adds more of his notes and tells me I have to Call customer care after 8 reference my case number and ask for an alternate arrangement because there is no way I should be stuck with this phone.

So in about 10 min I am going to call Rogers back and speak to customer care :D

Footnote: No this phone is not unlocked I do have an iphone with fido but my Bold was purchased directly from rogers. I run a graphic design company and as soon as my contract with fido ends in a couple days I was planning on switching all the accounts over to Rogers (both personal and business) for my photographer designers etc.

Last edited by Lex1con; 05-07-2009 at 06:56 AM..
Old 05-07-2009, 07:22 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Do you not have a Rogers account as it is now? Are you a customer of Rogers?

Good luck.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #3
Flare3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers, Telus, Orange

If you have issues still, let me know I will give you some contact info for top level management with Rogers that when I've had issues and friends of mine have had issues, they've always gotten things taken care of right away. PM me and I will send you the info.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
Lex1con

Okay now I have been told too take the phone into the store where I picked it up simply give it to them and they will hand me a new one. Somehow I doubt this but im gonna give it a try.

Now I have to dig through my heap of electronic boxes to find the Bold box.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:38 AM   #5
davidA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex1con View Post
Okay now I have been told too take the phone into the store where I picked it up simply give it to them and they will hand me a new one. Somehow I doubt this but im gonna give it a try.

Now I have to dig through my heap of electronic boxes to find the Bold box.
That is what I would have done in the first place (Rogers phone support sucks)
Old 05-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #6
Lex1con

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidA View Post
That is what I would have done in the first place (Rogers phone support sucks)
I didnt bother because I read Rogers terms of service and it stated that if its over 30 days since it was bought that Rogers not the store is responsible for replacing it. :S
Old 05-08-2009, 08:08 AM   #7
Lex1con

Default Update

So I called up my cousin who was with me at the time of purchase and explained the situation (He lives in Ajax-Pickering area where the store was and I live quite a ways away) He informed me that the store I am supposed to return it too no longer exists. (Just my luck) and that they have moved and he doesnt know where the new location is. So I google-mapped rogers wireless stores and as my bad luck would have it there are about 5-6 rogers wireless stores in the Ajax-Pickering Highway 2 area. I now have NO idea which store is the one that moved and am a bit annoyed that I have to chase down rogers to get a replacement on a phone that's well within warranty (10 months+ of warranty left.)

I placed a call to rogers management but was transferred to an answering machine after the secretary listened to my case for a bit.

Now im hoping they return my call in a timely fashion.

Last edited by Lex1con; 05-08-2009 at 08:09 AM..
Old 05-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #8
driekus

Model: None

Rogers seems to have severe problems with their customer service department. It appears to me as if they dont have a box to tick they cannot do what you are asking. My contract with Rogers expired and I wanted to upgrade to a blackberry bold with no contract (I didnt mind paying the handset outright price). They wouldnt sell me the phone without a 3 year contract because the sales people do not get a bonus for uncontracted customers. I ended up buying the phone from them and unlocking it.

They seem to really want to push customers away from outright owning handset and your situation is another example of this
Old 05-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
Lex1con

Default Update:

So a representative from the executive office called me apologized profusely and told me to just take the phone into the rogers store near me. I thought sweet! since shes from the advisor to the presidents office this should work. NOT. I brought it in and some $10/hr girl behind the desk makes me wait for nearly an hour before she services me (people behind me left and walked out) when she gets to me she says she doesn't care what the executive office says she wont replace the phone because the store loses money. She goes through the notes on my account which SPECIFICALLY instruct her to replace the phone and state that it was deemed defective on THREE separate occasions and adds notes of her own saying "the store will take a $700 hit!!!! cant replace phone!!" she then goes on to say and i quote:

"The people in the executive office are idiots they have no idea how to do their jobs. They ask us to do things we don't have an option for on screen."

She then seems I'm annoyed and frustrated and tries to sell me a BRAND NEW blackberry bold at a hefty commission for herself. disgusting.

I'm calling in to the executive office tomorrow morning. I do pricing and consultation for several companies including cellphone plans and I cant ever with a clear conscience recommend rogers again.

Last edited by Lex1con; 05-12-2009 at 05:15 PM..
Old 05-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #10
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

move to rants and raves??

i have experienced the same stuff with sprint.

the solution: use another carrier
Old 05-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #11
davidA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290

I worked for a large corporation for over 20 years and my first cell phone (which I carried around in a large box) was from a company called 'Cantel' (later to become Rogers)

The company I worked for switched cell phone providers many times (over the years) between BC Tel and Rogers. They got cheaper prices from Rogers but the support was so bad that they finally (during the last few years) went with Telus exclusively.

Telus have their disadvantages I admit (especially if you want GSM) They have always treated their customers better than Rogers ever have though. What is really sad, is that Rogers customer support is getting even worse, and has deteriorated to the point that it is now almost non existent (since I retired over six years ago now)

Last edited by davidA; 05-12-2009 at 11:00 PM..
Old 05-13-2009, 01:13 AM   #12
Chillin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: 20817d2f

Wirelessly posted

In the stores we can Not exchange a BB over 30 days.

You were missinformed when you were told that they could. The way the system works there is simply no way to do it.

I have had the call centre send people in to do that in the past and what I have always done (and what the in store rep should have done for you) is to call dealer support and BB data tech support and insist that they ship one to you. Since I know who to call and what to say I am always able to resolve these issues, but I agree the call centre can be a pain to deal with.

The Theme Zone
Free Blackberry Themes
http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
Old 05-14-2009, 06:59 AM   #13
JaguarXJ7
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillin View Post
Wirelessly posted

You were missinformed when you were told that they could. The way the system works there is simply no way to do it.

I have had the call centre send people in to do that in the past and what I have always done (and what the in store rep should have done for you) is to call dealer support and BB data tech support and insist that they ship one to you. Since I know who to call and what to say I am always able to resolve these issues, but I agree the call centre can be a pain to deal with.
Now see I have an issue with that statement. Why not provide the customer with the support we expect and hand him/her a new phone and call dealer support and have them ship one to you to replace your stock.

"Torch 9810 + Playbook 64gb"
Old 05-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #14
Chillin

PIN: 20817d2f

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarXJ7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillin

Now see I have an issue with that statement. Why not provide the customer with the support we expect and hand him/her a new phone and call dealer support and have them ship one to you to replace your stock.
Two reasons:

1. Because the call centre won't do it. They can only ship it to the address on file on the customers account.

2. Because 95% of the time customers are not sent a new BB, they are sent a refurbished one, so I could not sell it so I would be out $600 just because the call centre messed up. No thank you I will resolve the situation properly the way it should have been resolved initially.

The Theme Zone
Free Blackberry Themes
http://thethemezone.blogspot.com

Last edited by Chillin; 05-14-2009 at 11:53 AM..
Old 11-13-2009, 09:16 AM   #15
MissKalunji
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: Ask me ;)
Carrier: fido

I know what you're going through i have that SAME problem...I had to go buy another one and use the other one as a paper weight and this one is having problem too. once this dies i'm switching over to Telus. Screw fido and rogers.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:18 PM   #16
BlankBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2060454E

Since when is a refurbished phone worth the $700+ (contract or not) a customer spends on NEW Bold..

If they ever told me I would be sent one..I'd march right down to the nearest Rogers store & politely stick it in someones a$$..Refurbish that..
Old 11-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #17
jimfraser

Model: Q10

[QUOTE=davidA;1381514]I worked for a large corporation for over 20 years and my first cell phone (which I carried around in a large box) was from a company called 'Cantel' (later to become Rogers)

The company I worked for switched cell phone providers many times (over the years) between BC Tel and Rogers. They got cheaper prices from Rogers but the support was so bad that they finally (during the last few years) went with Telus exclusively.

Telus have their disadvantages I admit (especially if you want GSM) QUOTE]

From what I can tell, the new Telus/Bell gsm/HSPA+ network is as extensive as Rogers. No need to go to Rogers or Fido for gsm support. They even have the new Bold 2 at better prices than Rogers. I too have been with Rogers from the days that they were Cantel and have stuck with them because of their technological advantages over Bell, particularly gsm support. Roger's monopoly is over, may the best carrier win.
Closed Thread