Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
RBoet

Model: 9000
PIN: 20945799
Carrier: Rodgers
Angry Cannot sync Calendar on 9000 Bold

Please Login to Remove!

I got the 9000 Dec 2008. I was able to sync my calendar up until a week ago. I have checked everything including resetting "synchronise". I have changed the Week setting was 9 to 5 to 12 to 12. Still no syncing. It syncs my Contacts Notes and Tasks just fine. I have downloaded the latest version of the software (266). What am I missing?
Old 05-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
jjmach
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Are you trying to sync with outlook? Do you get an error message while is synching ? Have you configured the correct calendar to sync in the advance options within Desktop Manager?

Regards
Old 05-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

What did you do just before it stopped.

Are you getting any errors in the logfile?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 05-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
RBoet

Angry Cannot sync 9000 calendar

Yes I am syncing with Outlook 2007. I checked the log file and no error messages. The syncing goes fine and does not hang. The only thing is that it syncs 3 out of 4 items. Ignoring the calendar. I sync both at the office and at home. I have the same problem at both places. It must be some setting on the BB which I cannot find.
I know I made some change back about a week ago, but (at my age) I cannot remember what I changed. I love to fiddle with settings to maximize the programs. I thought the time of day in Calendar might have affected it. I do recall changing that to 9 AM to 5 PM. As I mentioned I changed this back to 12 to 12.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
RBoet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmach View Post
Are you trying to sync with outlook? Do you get an error message while is synching ? Have you configured the correct calendar to sync in the advance options within Desktop Manager?

Regards
Yes it is with Outlook 2007. There is no error message. I have checked and re-checked the options in Desktop Manager. I only use 1 Calendar so that is not a problem. I tell it to advise me if there is a conflict. I have no filters. I tell it to only sync future events.
It has got me beat!
Old 05-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
RBoet

Default Syncing calendars with BB 9000 and Outlook 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
What did you do just before it stopped.

Are you getting any errors in the logfile?
The only thing I can remember was changing the day to be 9 am to 5 pm. I have looked at as many settings on the 9000 as I think are relevant and cannot find any that could effect the syncing.

There are no errors in the logfile, as it nevers syncs the calendar. As you watch the syncing it starts with Addresses goes to taks and then memos and lastly to an Add-in called Accendo Datavault.

It has got me beat.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

Did you make sure you have DM configured to use Microsoft Outlook for the calendar sync?

-->>Twitter

Old 05-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #8
RBoet

Default Calendar Sync

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Did you make sure you have DM configured to use Microsoft Outlook for the calendar sync?
Yes I checked that. As I said before the calendar syncing was working fine up until a week ago. I have had a BB for about 4 years.
Cannot think what I could have changed to get it out of sync.
Thanks for your suggestions
Old 05-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #9
Dubdub
Appleinator

Did you add an app or otherwise change something

One option would be to delete the DM, reinstall, reconfigure and then see if it works.

You could also try a battery pull on the BB to see if that does anything.

-->>Twitter

Old 05-20-2009, 04:00 PM   #10
jjmach

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

You can also try taking the other stuff out of the sync to check if this time it takes the calendar.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:45 AM   #11
alb123

Model: 9630
PIN: ********
Carrier: Verizon

Check to see if your OPTIONS > ADVANCED OPTIONS > DEFAULT SERVICES > Calendar (CICAL) option is listing the same e-mail account associated with the account you are trying to synch in Outlook. I know that the new version of Facebook has caused some grief in this regard. Facebook, in its infinite wisdom, changed the default calendar to its own on many peoples BlackBerry devices. My mother had this problem with hers and it was a quick solution - just change it back!

Good luck!
ALB

join #blackberry on EFNet today!
Old 05-21-2009, 09:05 AM   #12
RBoet

Smile Syncing calendars with BB 9000 and Outlook 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by alb123 View Post
Check to see if your OPTIONS > ADVANCED OPTIONS > DEFAULT SERVICES > Calendar (CICAL) option is listing the same e-mail account associated with the account you are trying to synch in Outlook. I know that the new version of Facebook has caused some grief in this regard. Facebook, in its infinite wisdom, changed the default calendar to its own on many peoples BlackBerry devices. My mother had this problem with hers and it was a quick solution - just change it back!

Good luck!
ALB
You were 100&% correct! The calendar option was set to Facebook. Once I changed this to my e-mail it synced the calendar.

Thanks very much for the tip as it was driving me crazy.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #13
RBoet

Smile Found solution

Thanks for all the suggestions as solutions.

It turns out that Facebook had changed the calendar CICAL under default services to Facebook instead of my e-mail. Once I changed that back to my e-mail it worked just fine.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:45 AM   #14
alb123

Model: 9630
PIN: ********
Carrier: Verizon

I'm glad to help. A couple more points regarding the Facebook 1.5 app. If you go into the app and then into OPTIONS you'll notice a few more settings than 1.0 had. Basically, you can turn off the calendar integration all-together. What this does, in a nutshell, is brings event you may have listed in your Facebook calendar (on their website, not your phone) into that new calendar that they created on your device.

Also, there is address book integration now between Facebook and your device. Lets say that you had me listed as one of your Facebook friends and you also had me in your BlackBerry address book. Facebook now pushes whatever image I use as my Facebook profile picture to your phone so the same photo is used in your entry for me in your address book. If I change my photo today your address book on your phone will update as well (I'm not 100% sure how often it does these inquiries). You can turn that "feature" off as well if you so wish.

ALB

join #blackberry on EFNet today!

Last edited by alb123; 05-22-2009 at 07:46 AM..
Old 05-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #15
RBoet

Red face Facebook and syncing to Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by alb123 View Post
I'm glad to help. A couple more points regarding the Facebook 1.5 app. If you go into the app and then into OPTIONS you'll notice a few more settings than 1.0 had. Basically, you can turn off the calendar integration all-together. What this does, in a nutshell, is brings event you may have listed in your Facebook calendar (on their website, not your phone) into that new calendar that they created on your device.

Also, there is address book integration now between Facebook and your device. Lets say that you had me listed as one of your Facebook friends and you also had me in your BlackBerry address book. Facebook now pushes whatever image I use as my Facebook profile picture to your phone so the same photo is used in your entry for me in your address book. If I change my photo today your address book on your phone will update as well (I'm not 100% sure how often it does these inquiries). You can turn that "feature" off as well if you so wish.

ALB
Thanks for this tip. I did as you suggested and turned them both OFF. I don't use Facebook in that capacity.
Small question (unrelated) I downloaded a ringtone from my wireless provider. Do you think I can find it? The provider did not allow me to redownload the file. It has to be there somewhere. I saw in another thread that I should press "Alt" + "Enter". I tried alt + the reverse arrow and I get searching what for I don't know. It is not in Downloads. I only have programs there. How do I get to wich programs are running?

You are a great help. Thanks
Old 06-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #16
grkirk

Model: 8900
Carrier: Orange

Thank you SO much. This was driving me crazy as I have just changed from a Pearl to Curve and my laptop at the same time. I couldn't work it which change was causing the failure and was desparate to before the cool of period of my new contract passed.
Happy camper again
Old 06-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #17
mudwookie
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T

I have the same problem with the whole facebook setting its calendar as the one to use, but the advanced settings did not give me an option to use a different calendar and now that I have removed FB from the phone there is not a calendar option in the advanced settings.

my calendar sync'g has been hit or miss (outlook 2003) I think b/c of FB. I have done the batt pull it just skips the cal sync.

????

Thanks
Old 06-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #18
mudwookie

I have the same problem with the whole facebook setting its calendar as the one to use, but the advanced settings did not give me an option to use a different calendar and now that I have removed FB from the phone there is not a calendar option in the advanced settings.

my calendar sync'g has been hit or miss (outlook 2003) I think b/c of FB. I have done the batt pull it just skips the cal sync.

????

Thanks
Old 06-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #19
RBoet

I have found that my calendar dates get messed up and go missing on my PC or laptop. I agree that I will remove facebook and see if that corrects the problem.
I am on Outlook 2007 and Windows XP Pro on all 3 computers.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #20
mudwookie

i have removed FB and now in Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services there is not a calendar option, just messaging.
Closed Thread