Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
Lotus99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers
Default How to not have yr name show up when calling

Please Login to Remove!

When calling someone, both my number and name show up. I'd like it so that it's just the number that shows up, which is how many other people who call me from the same phone provider even have it working.

Is this a setting on the Pearl (and if so, pls. indicate where), or thru the provider? I called the provider, who assured me they changed it, but half an hour later, my name is still showing up when I call.

In the Phone Options, setting Restrict My Identity to Always blocks your number and name completely, which is not what I want. So that's not it.

Thanks.

Last edited by Lotus99; 06-08-2009 at 12:54 PM..
Old 06-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
skllndy365
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: 3229E14A
Carrier: Verizon

To the best of my knowledge, you can't do that. Its up to the person you're calling. If they have you as a contact, your name or whatever nickname they chose to be associated with your number will come up.

FREE CASH at:
http://www.cashlagoon.com/?ref=19916
Old 06-08-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Not just that, but wireless callers are now being identified by number and name with some caller ID devices. I know with my home Qwest service, I can call my home number and the caller ID shows both, and neither have been "programmed" into said device.

Suffice it to say, if it is not because they have you as a contact, it is likely the carrier name record that's coming up.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
Lotus99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

Yes, I was not referring to cases where you obviously have the person as a contact. In that case, whatever name you give them will appear.

I'm talking about calling any call display enabled phone (or any cell phone) and both your name and number appear. Rogers tells me it's their side that does it, and they've now turned the name off, but it takes a day to kick in.

I'll see if it works and report back.
Closed Thread