BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
mnorman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Dowgrading from DM 5.0.1 to 4.7 -- to ZIP or EXE?

Please Login to Remove!

I've had it with DM 5.0. Clearly from searching here and reading the many posts on several threads, and from my own experience with three uninstalls/reinstalls (all "clean"), this version on SOME systems, mine included, simply won't backup properly, and, refuses to be modified to stop auto updates. Best thing about it was the faster sync. So I'm going back to 4.7. Instead of just running the zip.exe installer, I'm going to extract the contents of the download to a file on the root drive, then invoke setup.exe to run it.

1. If I just rename the .exe intaller to .zip and pull the files into a folder WITH THE SAME NAME and run setup.exe, will the routines leave the .msi installer on the HD. You need that file to "modify" from add/remove. Or do I have to get a WinZip to extract from the files from .exe installer instead of just renaming it. In other words, will running the setup.exe still delete (cleanup) the .msi after the program is installed?

Device software is V297 AT&T
Box is XP SP3
DM is 5.0.1
Closed Thread