Old 12-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
Pocket Trainer

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Default Fitness App

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everyone!
We are new hear on the forum and wanted to tell everyone of our new fitness app available in the App World called Pocket Trainer(PT). PT is the ONLY fitness app currently available that acts as your personal trainer. Login, set up your profile and let PT create your entire fitness program. PT takes out all the guesswork!
Enjoy high quality videos, still images, written descriptions, and common problems for nearly 600 exercises. PT automatically monitors your progress and updates your program. This keeps your workouts new and exciting all the time and prevents your results from plateauing.
The new year is coming up on us, so make the commitment to start taking better care of yourself. And now that we have made it affordable for everyone to have a personal trainer, only $12.99 for a lifetime, there is no excuse for your New Years resolution to only last a few weeks!
Check us out at pockettrainer.com or in BlackBerrys App World under "Health and Wellness".

Live well!
Old 12-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
vintagetechtm

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted

Does your program work on a 8330 with os 4.5?
Old 12-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
vintagetechtm

Model: 8330

Wirelessly posted

Actuall˙ I should have asked..what models and BB os is compatible with your program? This would have been helpful information. I will still check out the the app store though.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
Pocket Trainer

Thanks for your interest. We support the latest OS and these devices:
BlackBerry 8300
BlackBerry 8310
BlackBerry 8320
BlackBerry 8330
BlackBerry 8330m
BlackBerry 8350i
BlackBerry 8520
BlackBerry 8530
BlackBerry 8700c
BlackBerry 8700f
BlackBerry 8700g
BlackBerry 8700r
BlackBerry 8700v
BlackBerry 8703e
BlackBerry 8705g
BlackBerry 8707g
BlackBerry 8707h
BlackBerry 8707v
BlackBerry 8800
BlackBerry 8820
BlackBerry 8830
BlackBerry 8900
BlackBerry 9000
BlackBerry 9500
BlackBerry 9520
BlackBerry 9530
BlackBerry 9550
BlackBerry 9630
BlackBerry 9700

I tried to leave a direct link to our app in App World, but the forum will not let me do this until we have at least 10 posts. Check it out... you won't be disappointed!(check out our reviews)
To address the issue of some users initially having to figure out how to navigate PT, we have since released a new version with a "Tutorial/FAQ" feature which solves these issues.

Live well!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #5
cpippolo

Model: 9550
Default Currently using Activtrax

I belong to New York Sports Clubs and am currently using Activtrax to design my workouts. I'm pretty pleased with it, especially since it directs me straight to the right machine by number. However, its costs $10 a month and if I forget to bring my workout printout, its hard to get to my workout on my blackberry, so your app has some appeal. How much customization is allowed by your program? Does it allow you to set goals to direct the development of your workout routines? Can you designate the type of equipment you have access to? Is there any audio involved in the guidance, or do I have to keep my eye on my BB to know when rest period is over, etc.

By the way, I chekced out your website, but it tends to freeze up my browser and has relatively litttle information on it. Might want to beef that up.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #6
Pocket Trainer

cpippolo
Thanks for checking out our site! We are currently in the process of updating with more features...should be up in a few days! We will have educational articles, tutorials, FAQs, PT media coverage, etc..
We also will be launching PT with Googles line of devices within a month.
A little about our training philosophies/theories...you mention activtrax directs you to the correct "machine". While of course getting people off the couch to exercise is better than nothing at all, we are not fans of using "machines". They can be useful if the trainee does not have the appropriate guidance in their training because they are "safe", they do not effectively train you for everyday movement. Machines support your body for you and dictate the movement, neglecting so many aspects of training proper movement! The only "machine" PT uses is a cable "machine" which still forces the trainee to stabilize themselves.
With PT, you create your profile: Age, height/weight(determines your BMI which has an impact on the movements PT selects for you, so be honest!), experience level, and yes, equipment you have available to you(PT will not include movements utilizing equipment you don't have). If you train at different facilities with different equipment, you can update your profile any time to accomodate that!
PT periodizes your training in different phases. Depending on your experience, phases differ in length, from 4 to 6 weeks. As you reach these benchmarks, PT updates your program to a new phase. However, PT recognizes if you don't log in to train and will not advance you until you meet the required # of workouts for a given phase!
There is some audio with the guidance. We have two video clips with audio that you are prompted to watch the first time you log in. One being on how to properly activate your core. The second on how to properly warmup. After your first log in, you can still access these for reference in the menu. On the rest period screen, you will hear one beep when you have 15 seconds left to rest so you have time to get ready for the next set, then a second beep notifiying you to begin the set!
To reiterate some other features from an earlier post, enjoy high quality videos, still images, written descriptions, and common problems for nearly 600 exercises!
All of this directly on your device. No downloading from your Mac or PC.
There is no other fitness app available that comes close to this levlel of comprehension!

Live well!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
Pocket Trainer

Just wanted to clarify a statement I made above about the only "machine" PT uses being a cable machine. Don't misinterperet that as the only piece of equipment PT uses in the program is a cable machine. PT utilizes barbells, dumbbells, stability balls, BOSU balls, kettlebells, medicine balls, etc.

Live well!
Old 12-26-2009, 12:56 AM   #8
Pocket Trainer

Happy Holidays everyone!

Live well!
Old 01-10-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
Pocket Trainer

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone that may be interested. Pocket Trainer will be featured in a segment on a morning talk show called The Balancing Act set to air tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m. EST. I know, I know, you have jobs...well, set the DVR! The segment will air again Feb.1 and March 1, same time slot. Thanks!
I know this is a BlackBerry forum, but we will be set to launch with Googles line of devices in a couple weeks.
Live well!

pockettrainer.com
Old 04-03-2010, 12:05 AM   #10
Pocket Trainer

Hey everyone,
I know this is a BB forum, but I am excited to tell everyone we are now also available for Android! Check us out at pockettrainer.com
Live well!
Closed Thread