Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #21
User Name MN
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8350i
PIN: 40258974
Carrier: NEXTEL

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, I tried that, and nothing changed, except I got the registration msg from Nextel. I did in fact FINALLY get the phone to take .204 back again....but I'm still left with no net or txting. It's like the phone was never designed to txt....just absolutely nothing about MMS ANYWHERE on the phone.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:02 PM   #22
User Name MN

Called sprint....they had to resend the service books my way from their end...sorry i raked up the post count here :(

Anyways to all who have this issue...there's your answer, unless you're smarter than me and can get the service books to load from the DM. Issue resolved I love my berry again
Old 11-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #23
rick chi-town
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: pin me to the wall.
Carrier: Sprint

so has ANYONE made this upgrade with the end result of a perfectly working phone? Now my latest issue is this error message... Uncaught exception: DelegatingVerbRepository must delegate to the currently registered VerbRepository
anyone?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:51 AM   #24
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?

This thread title needs changed to 8350i to help prevent confusion.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 11-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #25
Raptor464
Kid Tested. Mom Approved.

Model: 9700
PIN: eapple under the sea
Carrier: T-mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
This thread title needs changed to 8350i to help prevent confusion.
Good call...my bad when creating this thread...but I can't edit anymore :(
Old 12-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #26
User Name MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick chi-town View Post
so has ANYONE made this upgrade with the end result of a perfectly working phone? Now my latest issue is this error message... Uncaught exception: DelegatingVerbRepository must delegate to the currently registered VerbRepository
anyone?
I just tried the 313 update again. Everything loaded great the first time with out a hitch and has been working flawlessly so far....I haven't done a battery pull since it came back up yet....but so far so good.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #27
rick chi-town

I am running .313 still too... and I can tell you, don't pull the battery for anything! And the bigger bummer I think, is that there is such a small user base of this phone, no one's going to be able to provide any help.

Just not sure why this OS was released when there are so many known issues and there is no one to help troubleshoot.

Last edited by rick chi-town; 12-01-2009 at 08:55 PM..
Old 12-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #28
User Name MN

Quote:
I am running .313 still too... and I can tell you, don't pull the battery for anything!

Uh oh.....why's that? Got me kinda scared now.....
Old 12-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #29
rick chi-town

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name MN View Post
Uh oh.....why's that? Got me kinda scared now.....
The last time I loaded .313, my phone worked perfectly for about a week, then something went weird and I thought battery pull, so I did. And thats when everything got goofy. who knows, yours may be different. As I stated, I'm still running .313 and the biggest issue I'm having seems to be all related to how the phone is trying to read or cross-reference the contact list.

Pushing the PTT button calls up my entire contact list, not just the DC entries as its supposed to. Also, when someone DC calls me, some contacts show up as their name, while others show up as their DC number, yet their name and info IS stored in my contacts, so I'm at a loss...
Old 12-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #30
chriscrosier

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel

Nextel during a call just now thew Blackberry (RIM) under the bus and blamed all the problems that we were having on "their release". We can't answer calls when on a call; we can't always see our DC calls (it's chirps but nobody is there) and the speakerphone will just activate while in a call unexpectedly.

Apparently Nextel knows about this and just told me to roll back all 20something handhelds that the BES server just upgraded over the last week.

WTF? Where is QC???
Old 12-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #31
User Name MN

well......I did a battery pull....really didn't want to, but I did it and yup...it's freakin' goofy alright.... I can't recieve txts from AT&T customers (just started yesterday) and now the phones laggy and the track ball has a mind of it's own..But as for the PTT contact list issue and the Contact list issue, I've never had either one of them....I can answer calls, I never had the speaker phone issue...I'm actually just really tempted to dump nextel/sprint.

I just don't get how the thing runs great for just about 2 weeks with out a battery pull...then I start getting txt issues.....and it all goes to hell after a hard reset....

Think I'm going back to .204 and see where that gets me.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:38 PM   #32
Joe V.

I went back to .204 yesterday and everything is fine again. I REALLY didn't like the PTT button pulling up a contact (DC) list anyway.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #33
berryAddict.net

PIN: 4031EA12

I am having problems with my contacts as well, and it's driving me nuts... I have 2 8350i's and both have the problem with unsearchable contacts, and not reconciling the DC numbers to their contacts... So the only fix is to downgrade the OS?
Old 12-10-2009, 05:44 PM   #34
rick chi-town

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryAddict.net View Post
I am having problems with my contacts as well, and it's driving me nuts... I have 2 8350i's and both have the problem with unsearchable contacts, and not reconciling the DC numbers to their contacts... So the only fix is to downgrade the OS?
Welcome! Not sure if you saw my post above, but the problem is, is that we have a very small user base with this phone and as such, not much in the way of support. I am still on .313, need to downgrade, but just don't wanna make the time to go back, PITA that it is.

This OS was definitely not ready for release...
Old 12-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #35
User Name MN

So after I downgraded back to the .204.....I got the call waiting with no no caller showing up, and I didn't answer it, after the call had rang through I got the speaker phone bug where the call I was already on when the 2nd call was waiting, switched to speaker with a blank screen and i couldn't hang up or anything. Once the person I was talking to originally hung up, was when the phone actually disconnected and the phone returned to it's normal state.....Only happened the one time, but I don't know why it happened on .204?
Old 12-19-2009, 01:11 AM   #36
berryAddict.net

PIN: 4031EA12

Quote:
Welcome! Not sure if you saw my post above, but the problem is, is that we have a very small user base with this phone and as such, not much in the way of support. I am still on .313, need to downgrade, but just don't wanna make the time to go back, PITA that it is.

This OS was definitely not ready for release...
Thanks, well look like I will deal with it for now...
Old 12-31-2009, 04:01 PM   #37
Freshapple

Model: 9930
Carrier: Sprint-Nextel

I am also having issues with my phonebook "find" function while using OS v.313. i'm not sure if it is because I am using BES. Can anyone else confirm the phonebook not finding your contact while activated on a BES or not?
The other new glitch I experience is when a 2nd call comes in, but I don't take the call, then my main call goes to speakerphone and I can't do anything to get back to my call screen because the phone acts normally as if I were NOT on a call.
There are a few glitches that I had on v.204 that were fixed in the way of missing pop-up menu screnns in certain apps now that I am on .313.
Overall, I am going to stay on .313 until the next update is released.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #38
Freshapple

Model: 9930
Carrier: Sprint-Nextel
Default Fixed Phonebook "Find" Issue

Well, I figured out how to correct the way my phonebook "find" feature was not working...
  • FIRST, I BACKED UP MY BLACKBERRY!!!
  • Second, I selected "contacts>menu>options>wireless syncronization=off"
  • Then, on the desktop manager, I used the "advanced" feature under backup/restore. I noticed that there were (2) address book enties in my phone's database. One was named "Address Book" and the other was named "Address Book-All".
  • I highlighted each one and hit the "clear" button. This purged each of the entires for my phonebook. I checked my address book afterwards and confirmed there was nothing in it.
  • Lastly, since I am connected to a BES, I simply turned the wireless sync back on and my contacts reloaded into my Blackberry.
  • For users not on a BES, you can perform a "restore" or sync your phone to get your contacts back into the address book.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #39
rick chi-town

Nice work freshapple!! That seems to have to corrected my problems!! fingers crossed that it stays.. thanks
Old 01-17-2010, 12:53 AM   #40
schlepprock250

PIN: N/A
Carrier: nextel

OK guys,I just downloaded the 313 OS into my wifes Blackberry.So far it seems there are "NO" issues,the name issue with the direct connect isn't there the phone powered up well with no error messages.It took about an hour to complete.I'll post back in a few weeks to give more info.
Closed Thread