BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 09:29 PM   #81
Toddboy71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmo

Please Login to Remove!

Thanks for the info sheakt, That's why I asked for the 7100i, I do realize there is an antenna there.... =)
Old 01-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #82
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

The swivel lock holster for Nextel 7100i is now available

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=243

This holster has a face in design to protect the screen and it also has a special design, it will not scratch the paint.

Last edited by seidioseidio; 01-08-2006 at 12:24 PM..
Old 01-08-2006, 12:31 PM   #83
GoblueNextel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio

This holster has a face in design to protect the screen and it also has a special design, it will not scratch the paint.
More pics? Sleeper function? Looks good.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:39 PM   #84
jaolson

Model: 7100i

Quote:

Has anyone actually tried this one yet? I need to get about 8 for folks in Public Safety environments and need some firsthand testimonial before I'll order them.

Jon Olson
Raleigh, NC
Old 01-08-2006, 06:03 PM   #85
GoblueNextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaolson
Has anyone actually tried this one yet? I need to get about 8 for folks in Public Safety environments and need some firsthand testimonial before I'll order them.

Jon Olson
Raleigh, NC

I agree. From the one picture posted, it looks pretty good. I want to make sure my BB will not fall out. I would like to know how secure it holds it and if it has the sleeper function. I bet it does not, but it is not indicated in any form.

GOBLUE
Old 01-09-2006, 07:49 AM   #86
seidioseidio

Hi

This is David Chang, Product Marketing Manager from Seidio. We will post more pictures at various angles on our site today. If you have any questions, please email me [email address], or post your questions here, I will reply it very quickly.

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
Old 01-10-2006, 02:13 AM   #87
sheakt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Hi

This is David Chang, Product Marketing Manager from Seidio. We will post more pictures at various angles on our site today. If you have any questions, please email me [email address], or post your questions here, I will reply it very quickly.

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
Does this holster support the Blackberry Sleeper function? Asked on website yesterday and have not yet recieved an answer.....

Thanks

-K
Old 01-10-2006, 03:25 AM   #88
GoblueNextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheakt
Does this holster support the Blackberry Sleeper function? Asked on website yesterday and have not yet recieved an answer.....

Thanks

-K
I asked as well yesterday as well for additional pictures. They responded this am saying the only pictures they had were the one on the website.

I also emailed Daved Chang mintues after his post this morning asking for additional pics and SPECIFICALLY if it had the sleeper function. I have not heard back from him.

If this has the sleeper function and holds the 7100i securely they will sell alot of these. I have my fingers crossed, but thier lack of response scares me, unless they are trying to add it after the effect.

Last edited by GoblueNextel; 01-10-2006 at 03:41 AM..
Old 01-10-2006, 04:21 AM   #89
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblueNextel
I asked as well yesterday as well for additional pictures. They responded this am saying the only pictures they had were the one on the website.

I also emailed Daved Chang mintues after his post this morning asking for additional pics and SPECIFICALLY if it had the sleeper function. I have not heard back from him.

If this has the sleeper function and holds the 7100i securely they will sell alot of these. I have my fingers crossed, but thier lack of response scares me, unless they are trying to add it after the effect.
Hi,

More pictures will be posted tomorrow. As to the slepper function, the current version does not have magnetic sleeper function.

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
Old 01-10-2006, 04:27 AM   #90
GoblueNextel

Quote:
Hi,

More pictures will be posted tomorrow. As to the slepper function, the current version does not have magnetic sleeper function.

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
Thanks for the reply. Do you anticipate another version that will have the sleeper function? If so, when?

I will probably buy the current version however it would be nice to know when a sleeper one would be available.

A big thank you for coming out with this. No one has one out yet. This is great news.

GOBLUE!
Old 01-10-2006, 04:56 AM   #91
kurrupt_1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 2159FC90
Carrier: T-Mobile

I would love to get my hands on one of these with a sleeper function. What does the sleeping function actually do? Does it just turn off the light, applications or what?
Old 01-10-2006, 05:45 AM   #92
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblueNextel
Thanks for the reply. Do you anticipate another version that will have the sleeper function? If so, when?

I will probably buy the current version however it would be nice to know when a sleeper one would be available.

A big thank you for coming out with this. No one has one out yet. This is great news.

GOBLUE!
Hi,

In our holster, there is a thin protective pad to protect the screen. I think we can slide a very thin magnet to include the sleeper function.

What do you think

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
Old 01-10-2006, 12:51 PM   #93
GoblueNextel

Quote:
Hi,

In our holster, there is a thin protective pad to protect the screen. I think we can slide a very thin magnet to include the sleeper function.

What do you think

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
I am not that familiar with the magnet in general. I would think any magent you are considering, if it shuts it off then put it in. Is it possible to out on the opposite side? I am not sure how strong the magnet or even the size needs to be. In anycase I am sure something can be done. I would cut out a magnet from an OEM case and see how big it is or maybe someone here can tell you.

GOBLUE
Old 01-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #94
sheakt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Hi,

What do you think

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
I think that the magnet needs to be located in the "keyboard" area of the device. I dont think that it will work if it placed in the "display" area of the holster.....

--K
Old 01-10-2006, 02:41 PM   #95
sheakt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurrupt_1
I would love to get my hands on one of these with a sleeper function. What does the sleeping function actually do? Does it just turn off the light, applications or what?
It turns off the display and lets the BB know that it is "in holster" so that it can use the "in holster" setting in the profile that you are currently using ( it may also do some other power saving things but I am not sure what those are).....

--K
Old 01-10-2006, 05:33 PM   #96
animlmed
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: none

I don't see any other pictures on the web site with different angles.....
Old 01-11-2006, 01:37 AM   #97
sanscritt

Carrier: att

The magnet doesn't have to be very big and needs to be located over the #5. I took the magnet out of the OEM holster and it is the size of a dime and not as thick. I picked up a cheapo holster at a mall kiosk and made a small incision and slid the magnet in. Holster has swivel belt clip, goes on the belt easily and hold the phone tightly and no flap.. So far no complaints or issues.

Thanks,
Jerry
Old 01-11-2006, 01:39 AM   #98
ksteele

I tested the 7100i with a magnet and the switch favors the battery side, however, the keyboard side works almost as well. The switch is directly in line with the #2 on the keypad.

After nailing down the location, I tried several different magnets. Thin flexible type refrigerator magnets are too weak. They will not activate the switch from the front or back.

I have a magnet from a harddrive that is about 1/8 inch thick that easily activates the switch, question is, will it fit in the Seidio case?

Seidio makes good products, I have a G2500S car kit for an IPAQ that I am very happy with.

Last edited by ksteele; 01-12-2006 at 02:57 AM..
Old 01-11-2006, 01:49 AM   #99
ksteele

I am also considering this case.

http://www.gadgetfreeks.com/kr87clmuleca.html

It swivels, but it does not ratchet. There is no sleep magnet either. I like the sleek design.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:08 AM   #100
GoblueNextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteele
I tested the 7100i with a magnet and the switch favors the battery side, however, the keyboard side works almost as well. The switch is directly in line with the #2 on the keypad.

After nailing down the location, I tried several different magnets. Thin refrigerator magnets are too weak. They will not activate the switch from the front or back.

I have a magnet from a harddrive that is about 1/8 inch thick that easily activates the switch, question is, will it fit in the Seido case?

Seido makes good products, I have a G2500S car kit for an IPAQ that I am very happy with.
I just tried some refrigerator magnets as well. The only ones that worked good were the OXO Grip Magnetic Chip Clips (you get them and Bed Bath and Beyond). It seems to activate like you said around the #2-#5 key. I may wait until Sedio makes the new version, which he indicated they would be making another version. I just ordered a case from Fortte, pouch style.

GOBLUE