Old 01-15-2010, 06:25 AM   #1
howard-moore
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone UK
Default Strange Bluetooth connection issue

Please Login to Remove!

I have just bought a new Pearl 8110, upgrading from my previous 8100.

I have managed to transfer all data and installed all necessary applications etc., but am now looking to set up the same connectivity settings as before (i.e. getting Bluetooth to work!!!).

I have paired the device with my PC (an Asus laptop running Windows 7, and which has always in the past paired and synced with my old 8100) but when I click on 'Add Bluetooth Device' in Desktop Device Manager it comes up with the following text:

'Verify that the Bluetooth enabled device is configured for use with the BlackBerry Desktop Software. For more information contact your administrator'

If I go to the BDS and try to click on 'Configure Bluetooth...' under Connection Settings, it does not do anything at all.

I am rather stuck now, so would really appreciate some help!

Neil
Old 01-15-2010, 07:47 AM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

In your BlackBerry's bluetooth settings did you set it to "discoverable"?

Perhaps doing a battery pull on the 8110 and a re-start of the pc would clear up bt connectivity issues.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
howard-moore

Blackberry is set to discoverable. I have tried two different things:

1. Pairing it using Windows Control Panel / BT 'Add Devices'. It discovers and pairs perfectly and all drivers are installed. Then when I go to add a BT connection in Blackberry Device Manager or Desktop Manager it does not find the device (phone).

2. Pairing it using the Device Manager BEFORE pairing using Control Panel - here it does actually discover it, but when I click on the device to add it, the handset asks me to enter a key-code, and when I do so, it tells me that the device cannot be paired.

I have tried all other computations that I can think of, so am completely stuck now!
Old 01-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
howard-moore

Update - I have completed removed pairings and then uninstalled Desktop Manager and Device Manager. I then rebooted and reinstalled Desktop Manager and Device Manager. I then did the following:

1. Tried setting up BT connection using Desktop Manager - the Configure Bluetooth... button when clicked did nothing at all.

2. Tried setting up BT connection using Device Manager - found phone but when tried to add a connection it would ask for a key-code on the phone, and when ANY keycode was added it would flash up and say 'could not pair with computername'. Device was then not visable as an option until I searched again, but the same process would follow.

3. I then paired using Control Panel / Bluetooth Devices, and it paired perfectly. I can also send files etc. either from PC to phone or visa versa, so the paired connection definately works - it is just something to do with Device Manager or Desktop Manager.

I have internal BT, and the drivers etc. are Microsoft, so I do not think that this is the issue (also, it worked perfectly previously).

Please, please, please can someone offer some help or insight, as Vodafone are totally clueless as to what to try, and I cannot fathom what the problem is.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
howard-moore

I was really rather hoping that someone may be able to find an answer to this one. I have read that there are lots of issues with connecting BBs to BDM using BT, but I have not found an answer that has been able to help me yet. Is there anyone out there with an idea?
Old 01-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #6
howard-moore

Have I really stumped BlackberryForums.com over a Bluetooth connection? Rather disappointed that noone here can help!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #7
Noodle22
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

Everyone here is a volunteer, they help in their spare time. If it was an easy fix, you would have been able to fix it yourself, right?

Maybe try calling the tech support for your carrier or contacting RIM about this to see what they have to say.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:05 AM   #8
howard-moore

Hi Noodle22 - I guess you are right. I have called the carrier (Vodafone UK) and RIM, and neither are able to help. All the advice I get is to wipe the phone (done), clean uninstall and reinstall of the software (done) and lots of turning on and off (done, done and done). The phone does pair via Blackberry, so it is definately a software issue and not hardware, which is why I am surprised that I am unable to find a solution.
Closed Thread