Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
stoneland

Model: 8900
PIN: STRIPES
Carrier: AT&T
Question battery issues

Please Login to Remove!

first time blackberry user...so please bear with me.

i did a search on battery life for the 8900 but i couldn't find any recent updates or anything regarding my OS (it came with the phone: 4.6.1.315)....so here goes.

i just got this last friday at around 40% i would say. i used it heavily that evening until i went to bed (did not charge fully), and charged it while sleeping. it was at 100% when i woke up saturday and used it pretty heavily then too, because i was exploring and playing with it. it went down to the "low battery" warning by nighttime, which i expected since i was using it heavily (texting, bbm, ubertwitter, facebook, about 30 min talktime, configuring email, etc). sunday i was about the same so i charged it while i slept. today is monday...it was at 100% when i woke up at around 7:00 am (good). between 7 am till noon, i accessed ubertwitter 4 times, two times updating my status, the other two just to check, then i exited out of the application (it is not running currently). i texted for about 10 messages. i deleted an application and did a reset, and used bbm since about 10 am till noon (until posting time of this message actually). i only have one conversation going on there. i have not talked on the phone at all.

my backlight is down to 10, led coverage is off, wifi and bluetooth off. my backlight dim is set to off and the time is set to 10 seconds.

the apps that are running currently shows call log, browser, home, bbm, and messages.

the battery is at 85% currently. is this normal? this seems very short to me. granted, this is my first blackberry so maybe i'm not used to it? was i supposed to fully charge the battery before i started using it (after i got it from the store)? i really think i'm being resourceful with my device, but it's already dropped down to 85% which i think is a lot.

is this a faulty device or is this normal? i'd appreciate any input...thanks.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
allenmarx

Model: 8900
PIN: 24B450C4
Carrier: T-Mobile

This is normal. It seems that most smartphones have pretty limited battery life. There's not really much you can do other than what you are now. However, I would suggest the Seidio Innocell 2600mAh extended battery if you're so inclined. It's received great reviews and I'm thinking about getting it myself.
Closed Thread