BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
newbbuser

Model: 8700c
Default Opening Image Attachments

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,
I'm very new to Blackberry and I just bought the new 8700c. I love it, however, I don't know why I can't open any image attachments. I didn't think I needed to be on BES to view. What am I missing? I currently have a message sent from someones phone w/ a picture attached. I see "[1 Attachment]" but under it reads "application: Unknown attachment. (15k)". I roll over to the [1 Attachment] but it doesn't give me the option to Open. It also doesn't have the paperclip icon like it does if it was an .xls doc (which I am able to open). Its just a picture from a phone?

Help?

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:10 PM   #2
GizmoSkin
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 8900
Carrier: China Mobile

I don't think Blackberry devices can do MMS - Your friend would have to send the picture message to the e-mail address associated with your blackberry, not your phone number... This way it will convert it to a JPG file.

I am 90% sure this is how it works - someone else correct me if I am wrong.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:25 PM   #3
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default MMS not supported by Cingular YET

Next quarter they will get the billing and backend straight. The 8700 supports it?
Old 01-13-2006, 05:22 PM   #4
newbbuser

Model: 8700c

Thanks for the info.

I just tested it - I sent an email from my computer/outlook to my blackberry email w/ an attached image and it was able to open. I guess it won't work from cell phones. Bummer.

From their phone, they will need to send it to my personal email and then I will need to save the image and then reattach to an email and send to my BB email to open (and save to the BB).

At least there is an answer until they update the MMS.

Thanks again. I also appreciate the shortcuts! I've already started to use them.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:15 PM   #5
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

I wonder if they could send an MMS message to your BB email address. Don't know if this is possible, just curious, but I have sent an SMS to an email address before. A long time before.

Rcbjr
Closed Thread