BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: How do you comply with the hands free law with your BB?
Do not comply keep using by hand 1 50.00%
do not answer calls when driving 1 50.00%
get frustrated at the BB device due to lack of support 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 05:50 AM   #1
Heatinspector

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Thumbs down Car window mounts

Please Login to Remove!

I am sure I can not be the only user to have this problem?
I have tried every mount that Future Shop, Best Buy have for holding a BB in a car. Requests to BB produce the same stupid results if you phone or email. they do NOT want to communicate with their loyal customer base on issues.
!. when you plug any BB into the clamp type window hands free mounts it stops fucntionality with controls for the hands free both on the BB and the device one is syncing to. I have tired a Bold and 2 storms both have the same results that one cannot even push the phone disconect or connect buttons let alone keep functionality with all of the other push buttons on the phone. If you slacken off the holder the phone falls out and is why I have had to buy myself a second storm.
I should have gone to the iphone their cig lighter mount works seamlessly as I son keeps pointing out to me. (he gets his phone for free from work too, I have to pay for mine!) Apple also has great customer service in their stores. RIM have to be the worst folk to contact even if the problem is theirs
Old 03-05-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

You left off one major option in the poll. No, two.
xxx8226; Use a Bluetooth earpiece.
xxx8226; I want beer.

Without the beer option, all polls are invalid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatinspector
Requests to BB produce the same stupid results if you phone or email. they do NOT want to communicate with their loyal customer base on issues.
I should have gone to the iphone their cig lighter mount works seamlessly as I son keeps pointing out to me. (he gets his phone for free from work too, I have to pay for mine!) Apple also has great customer service in their stores. RIM have to be the worst folk to contact even if the problem is theirs
This is not a "BB" problem. Your carrier is, by contract, your place for frontline device support. You can speak with RIM tech support via that route.

Maybe you should get yourself an iPhone, and get happy.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:49 AM   #3
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

Speakerphone.

I will look at subjects for emails when I'm driving, but if I must respond quickly I'll pull off the road.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #4
Heatinspector

Default Bluetooths and Beer

I have a Pioneer navigation system that includes Bluetooth through the radio phone calls. I have tried the earpieces and find them irritating in more than one way. Even a Blue Ant has to be charged frequently if one uses it for business. I do. The radio appears to be the best option and is fully functional for the phone when it is hand held but again that is no longer permitted albeit legally!

RIM HAVE to supply a window mount unit.

Beer and phone calls are not permitted whilst driving In Ontario so I omitted that possible response! (LOL)

Last edited by Heatinspector; 03-05-2010 at 08:04 AM..
Old 03-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatinspector View Post
No, they really don't.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:36 AM   #6
CanuckBB
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers

I use a BT headset. I either leave the BB in the holster, or I place it in my universal cell phone windshield mount.

I really fail to see the issue here.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatinspector View Post
Yea, and you HAVE to provide me with your checking account number. Duh.

Since when can you make a demand on a private corporation and expect them to just provide anything you want? I want a drink holder for my Massey Ferguson tractor. Should I demand that of Coca Cola?

There are so many various car mounts for BlackBerrys, keep looking. Window mounts are not the only option. Cig Lighter mounts, cup holder mounts. Keep looking.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #8
Noodle22
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

I would have voted for bluetooth headset, but the options aren't really varied and they are far too negative, so I won't vote for those either. I'm sure many here will provide positive solutions, as Jsanders has already said, there are many makes and different types, try them out until you find the one that works for you.

And hey, it doesn't hurt to read some reviews first
blue.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #9
nimocone
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Parrot mini-car kit works great for me. Clips on the visor and people can hear me great.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #10
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Ok so you want a holder to make the BB fully functional while driving if i got that right.
Please include the State and general roads you use so we can avoid another idiot zig zaging all over the road while trying to do something stupid while driving.
Take Rambo47 suggestion, pull over or JSanders suggestion, get an IPhone but leave it home.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:06 AM   #11
Heatinspector

Its the really cute SNOTTY replies like these that make people quit using sites like this I am sure you are feeling quite smug knowing that you have put someone else down.
I am a totally law abiding law enforcement official. I do NOT text or dial whilst driving. My question was totally to do with answering the phone. When the BB is mounted one should be able to just let auto answer pick up the call. The window mount removes this functionallity.
I have a caveat if you have nothing good or useful to say then DONT
Old 03-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #12
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Hey, you've been provided with a number of good options for mounting and for earpieces. The fact is you refuse to use any of those options.

Your post above ignorantly demanded that "RIM HAVE to supply a window mount unit." Well, guess what -- they don't have to.

And it is evident from your initial post that you came here to rant and whine that RIM doesn't provide a windshield mount.

If you think that's snotty, and you refuse to use other options, you have the problem, not us.
Closed Thread