BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #101
GQBalla
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
Carrier: Bell

Please Login to Remove!

just upgraded yesterday, to bad couldn't fully test since 3G was down in Calgary the whole day yesterday.

So far no problems what so ever, everything seems to be rock stable.

No alarm clock issues
have yet to test battery life
Old 05-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #102
erikksterr

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile

I have a question. this is the first time i am using 5.0 currently use a older patch .3300 and thinking about this upgrade.

when you do "alt +del" to delete something backwards, it works like normal everywhere except in the SMS window, where it actually deleted the entire message rather than deleted backwards. this was very fustrating becuase i would write a whole message and then get deleted. this is also true of the new version?

also in your phone log, pre-5.0 used to take up only 1 line eacg for your phone records, so you can see more entries. is this something you can change, or is it still liek this in this new update.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #103
Deraj090
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (8310, 8100, 7100t)

Anyone notice the backlight randomly turning on?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #104
SBurhani
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fftonyb View Post
I can't get this one to load. I deleted the vendor.xml file. It is the only OS I have installed. I do not have a file labeled compatibility.

I'm running Desktop 5.0.1.

Any help would be appreciated.
ive got the same problem...have tried installing multiple times...just not working.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #105
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: Koodo Mobile

In vista /Windows 7, the compatibility file button IS in the file window...and you might have to use LOADER.EXE instead of the D/M. D/M doesn't always work, but loader will, though it will always give you only the latest version you have loaded. There's no option to load anything else.

Here's what you should see - before you click the "Compatibility files" button

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...

Last edited by stevew; 05-05-2010 at 09:34 PM..
Old 05-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #106
wabbit

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

does this fix the sms bug where the bb will hide sms messages?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:41 PM   #107
SBurhani
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
In vista /Windows 7, the compatibility file button IS in the file window...and you might have to use LOADER.EXE instead of the D/M. D/M doesn't always work, but loader will, though it will always give you only the latest version you have loaded. There's no option to load anything else.

Here's what you should see - before you click the "Compatibility files" button

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...mpatibilty.jpg
I guess thats the problem then...I dont get the compatibility files button anywhere.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:28 AM   #108
Mr. Sneaky

Model: 8100r
Carrier: Rogers

For people that are not seeing the updates. I have figured out so far that it sees the updates in xp but not in my 64bit win 7. I hope that answers some q's
Old 05-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #109
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sneaky View Post
For people that are not seeing the updates. I have figured out so far that it sees the updates in xp but not in my 64bit win 7. I hope that answers some q's
I have updated several times from my Win7 x64 system... I doubt that's the problem... too many of us with Win7 x64 that do updates successfully.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #110
stevew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBurhani View Post
I guess thats the problem then...I dont get the compatibility files button anywhere.
You won't see them if:

a) You're not an administrator on your PC
b) They didn't get properly installed

Also, the "Compatibility Files" button won't appear anywhere in the Research in Motion sub-folders, except for the AppLoader folder. So if any one of these conditions have not been met, you won't see that button.

If a program does not have elevated permissions to write to C:\Program Files or C:\Windows, Vista/Windows 7 lets the program think it is writing there but actually re-directs the action to a "Virtual Store" under the AppData store in your user folder.

The "Compatibility Files" button appears only if there are virtualized files in the folder.

As far as Windows 7 64-bit, I have it on a few machines here and the button does appear.

Now - this is IMPORTANT:

When you log on as anything OTHER than someone with anything LESS THAN Local Administrator rights, the Rim update will NOT install correctly (Rights & permissions issue as mentioned above) and you may NOT see the "Compatibility files" button. Make sure you install the update and run Loader.exe AS THE LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR. Even running/installing as a Domain Admin won't work properly.

It took me a long time to figure this out, and I had issues with many updates along the way, but once I got it figured out, I've NEVER had an issue since.

Previously owned:

Last edited by stevew; 05-06-2010 at 09:21 PM..
Old 05-07-2010, 07:38 AM   #111
BlueMonk7
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
I have updated several times from my Win7 x64 system... I doubt that's the problem... too many of us with Win7 x64 that do updates successfully.
Agreed. No problem here.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #112
mikester
Thumbs Must Hurt

When I hit the Compatibly button it shows me only one file called pool.bin. Do I have to delete that?
Old 05-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #113
stevew

No - only Vendor.xml and if you don't see that file, it's not your issue. Have you tried using loader.exe or are you using the D/M?

Previously owned:
Old 05-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #114
mikester
Thumbs Must Hurt

I did delete the vendor file. I did use DM and it wouldn't let me load the new os. I will try loader.exe now that I have my answer about that file. Thx
Old 05-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #115
DeanQ
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmo

I just upgraded and I think its worse than what I had. I wish I knew what version I had before. I'm with tmo and I only upgraded my os once so far. I still had the old os where the screen lock button worked. My complaints is the phone is slower to navigate all around like there is lag and my battery is dying faster vs my old version. This sucks. That's my only complaints. Anyone experience the same. I'm going to bump back down if I can find my old version.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:04 AM   #116
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

This is a solid build for TMobile US users, IMO.

The lagginess happens with any device/OS right after loading. Give it a day or so and it will be fine.

The screen still locks...it's just been consolidated.

There were bugs in the older versions...like deleting multiple sms threads would lock up the device, requiring a battery pull.

I'd stay with this one if I were you. That's my recommendation...take it or leave it.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #117
mikester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Finally got to upgrade the original OS to this using Loader. Much better OS with many fixes. Only thing is that all my appointments in my calendar are duplicated before I even synced. Tried to replace bb appointments with desktop manager but it doesn't work. Any suggestions?
Old 05-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #118
lmcjipo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Bell Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester View Post
Finally got to upgrade the original OS to this using Loader. Much better OS with many fixes. Only thing is that all my appointments in my calendar are duplicated before I even synced. Tried to replace bb appointments with desktop manager but it doesn't work. Any suggestions?
It might not actually be "duplicated" but it might have created a new calendar based on the number of e-mail accounts you have set up and placed all your old calendar items into this new calendar.

That is what happened to me.

To test out my theory/guess, go into your calendar and press the menu button. See if you have an option that says "select calendar" and try changing the calendar selection if you do. If you notice your duplicate entries are no longer in your calendar, this is what happened. To fix this, you can delete the extra calendar by going into your Advanced Options, Service Books and delete the account's calendar that you don't want (I believe that it is labelled ICAL or something with "CAL" in it).

My Tech Blog
Old 05-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #119
zgdanska
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon
Question update question

is there a way to update my software but then also the keep my score from "Texas hold`em" ?
Old 05-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #120
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Unfortunately not.
Closed Thread