BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
jrice8002003
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Any other way to add/remove an SMS recipient w/o having a "blank" SMS screen pop up?

Please Login to Remove!

This question was also addressed in another thread, but no answer/solution was given. I too have found this to be an annoyance, so I thought I'd address it in the General BlackBerry Discussion forum this time in hopes of reaching more users.

On 5.0 OS, whenever I go to add/remove a recipient, a new "blank" SMS screen pops up. This isn't a big deal if you hadn't already started composing your message, but if you were mid-message and decided to add/remove a recipient, I'm finding it to be an annoyance. I'm finding myself having to close out of the "new" blank SMS screen, navigate back to the "old" SMS message I was working on, copy my half-composed message, and paste it into the "new" SMS message which contains all of my desired recipients. On my 8330 pre-5.0 OS, I could add/remove recipients to my heart's content, all in the same message screen. I realize SMS is just different on 5.0 (and IMO much improved, overall), but I'm not seeing any positives to this change.

Is this "just the way it is"?
Old 07-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

I haven't found a way to do it. I'm pretty sure its just like that
Closed Thread