BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 02:02 AM   #1
skycop3216

Model: 7100t
Default Really weird e-mail question/situation Please Help...

Please Login to Remove!

Ok weird e-mail forwarding question here. I have had my blackberry for about 5 months now. I have 3 road runner e-mail accounts that have been forwarded to my black beery using the $19.99 plan, BIS I believe it is. I had my road runner accounts set to forward to my distinct "123xys#tmo.blackberry.net" email address. My blackberry would receive all my e-mails a few seconds before my outlook express did on my home computer, religiously with no problems.

Now since Friday I only get my mail from one of my address on my blackberry but they do not go to my home computer at all. The other 2 go to my home computer but not to the blackberry. They do eventually come but it takes a about 30 mins or so, sometimes longer.

I have spent countless hours now on the phone with road runner support who was unable to figure out anything. I then spoke to blackberry support who ultimately told me there must have been some sort of glitch all those months that I should not be able to do that. It's either forward instaneuolsy to the blackberry and no outlook express. Or take off the forwarding and it will go to my outlook express and to my blackberry only every 20 or so minutes.

So as a quick fix I opened up a gmail acct., and have my main roadrunner address forwarded to that and I seem to be able to get my messages right away. But I cannot do this for my other 2 addresses,(well I can but the reply to still shows my other roadrunner address) and I am just really curious if anyone else has either had this problem or heard of it happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
David Altman
Old 02-06-2006, 05:33 AM   #2
markhatter
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: vodafone

Do you have the option "leave messages on the server" set in outlook? (and also in your BIS account?)

If not, you will get odd results depending on which client receives the mail first

Cheers
Mark.
Closed Thread