Old 01-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
SouthendSupporter
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Strange issue on BES Express

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,I am using BES Express in conjunction with SBS2003.

All has been working fine until the last week when suddenly I no longer receive e-mail, contact or calendar updates on my BB.

I can send email via my Exchange account from the BB OK and any changes I make to contacts / calendar etc are reflected almost instantly on my PC in Outlook.

I have restarted all BB and Exchange servervices to no avail and aven a complete reboot of the SBS server and my BB - still the same.

I am getting this error in the event log:

[DEVICE_SESSION:2684F866:0x00AFC140] Service authentication verify failed. Error: 1 Service: S19239581
Not sure if this is an error of the service logging on or attempting to l;og on to the Vodafone BIS account?

The service is logging on with the besadmin account : I reset the besdamin account password and reset the logon password for all the blackberry services to match and restarted all the services.
The problem persists :(

I then tried to login to my Vodafone BIS account and this failed. ???
Trying to resolve this.

Any experts out there help me out?

Last edited by SouthendSupporter; 01-04-2012 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: New Info
Old 01-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
nobody7290
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: t-mobile Germany
Default Re: Strange issue on BES Express

I dont know this error. My guess is:
Either your SRP ID is blocked for whatever reason (unlikely). Check with your wireless provider.

Or, something went wrong with your BB and, it is not tied any more to the BES.

Or your Handhelds service has been changed from a BES to a BIS only service - Vodafone should know, if this is the case.
Try to activate your BB again wireless. If activation fails, try an activation using USB. If the BB then works via wifi but not using vodafone, talk to the vodafone support.

In any case, this cannot be related to a BIS account. But if BIS was working until the problem surfaced then I would also check with vodafone first.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
SouthendSupporter

Thanks for the response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody7290 View Post
Or, something went wrong with your BB and, it is not tied any more to the BES.
Updates entered on the BB reflect immediately in Outlook on my Desktop so presumably this is not so?

Quote:
Or your Handhelds service has been changed from a BES to a BIS only service - Vodafone should know, if this is the case.
Try to activate your BB again wireless. If activation fails, try an activation using USB. If the BB then works via wifi but not using vodafone, talk to the vodafone support.
I am running BES Express so a wireless activation isn't possible anyway.

I agree the Vodafone BIS is a red herring. Just a thought that I had but of course using BES Express it is the BB stuff on the Server that talks to my device - nothing goes through BIS.

Checked that I could log onto the server with my besadmin account. Failed!
Assumed I had fouled up the password so reset the password again and checked again I could log onto the server as besadmin. - All OK

Entered the correct password into the Service Logon for each of the BB services.

Rebooted the server.
When it came up the Exchange Mgt , Exchange System Attendant and Exchange Information Store Services together with the BB Router, BB Dispatcher services had failed to start.

Started each service:
Exchange first then BB

All was OK except when I started BB Dispatcher (which showed as 'Started') I got the following errors in Event Log

Unable to start SyncServer 'local': 1069
Unable to start MailStore Service 'local': 1069
Unable to start Policy Service 'local': 1069

Warning message : [BIPPe] WARNING: Using default BIPP shared secret
Then got info messages
BlackBerry Dispatcher started
[SRP] Dispatcher\SRP Connection established

Then I get these errors every minute: (from Blackberry Controller)

Unable to start SyncServer 'local': 1069
Unable to start MailStore Service 'local': 1069
Unable to start Policy Service 'local': 1069
And these avery 10 mins
{Geoff Baldwin} BBR Authentication failed! Error=1 (from Blackberry Despatcher)
[DEVICE_SESSION:2684F866:0x003FF378] Timer Event. Exceeded service authentication timeout. No authenticated services. Releasing session. (from Blackberry Router)
[DEVICE_SESSION:2684F866:0x003F6D40] Service authentication verify failed. Error: 1 Service: S19239581 (from Blackberry Router)

As before, BB >> Exchange updates work fine and mail from the BB via my Exchange account is delivered and goes into my sent items fiolder.

Nothing works from Outoll >> BB and no incoming mail is delivered to BB

Old 01-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
nobody7290

A new wireless activation is possible, even with BES Express:
Free Enterprise Activation - Download Enterprise Activation - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
Maybe try this on one device.

Otherwise go through the procedure which is needed if you had changed your blackberry service account:

KB04293-How to Switch BlackBerry Enterprise Server Service Accounts

Not only the password might have been deactivated/changed, but also other things.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
SouthendSupporter

Just to clarify - I'm very much a novice with BES Express.
Just two installations each with only one BB each
Each time following the manuals carefully and then no administration afterwards!

Appreciate all help provided so far and any future stuff

Quote:
A new wireless activation is possible, even with BES Express:
Maybe try this on one device.
Haven't tried this yet - Don't I need to be able to log-in to the BB Admin server to set up an authorisation code to enable a wireless activation?
Also tried logging into the BB Web Desktop manager to reactivate my BB (BB user logs into this using normal domain credentials?) -
Cannot log myself in or either of the two BB admin accounts I now have

Quote:
Otherwise go through the procedure which is needed if you had changed your blackberry service account:

Not only the password might have been deactivated/changed, but also other things.
Followed this procedure after which NOTHING WORKED!
(previously evrything from BB worked but nothing to BB)
Attempting to send email from BB results in Transction Error - decryption error

Tried running BB Admin Server and got this :
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at beaufort-svr.beaufortnetworks.local:3443.

Reset the logon for all the BB services to my original BESADMIN account and still nothing works
Can open the BB Admin Server after this but cannot login to it with either the old or new account???

Last edited by SouthendSupporter; 01-07-2012 at 11:38 AM..
Old 01-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
nobody7290

Yes, to make a new wireless activation, you need to have access to the web-console, either as the user of the blackberry or, as the administrator. If this is meanwhile not possible any more, you cant.

If you login to the webconsole as the blackberry user (who must be different from the besadmin user), you use your active directory credentials.

the url for the webconsole is:
for unencrypted http:
http://dns.name.com:18180/webconsole/login
for ssl encrypted http:
https://dns.name.com:3443/webconsole/login

if https does not work, try the http url. If this does not work, check if the BAS and BAS-NCC services are running. If they do not run, you wont be able to access the console.
If you get the console, login with the admin password, you assigned the user:
This can be "admin" + the password you assinged during the installation of th BES. Or if you checked the active directory login option, it is the besadmin password.

The user-self-service console is at:
https://dns.name.com:3443/webdesktop/login
or at:
http://dns.name.com:18180/webdesktop/login

Here you normally login as the blackberry user.

The first thing I recommend is to get a working BES again.
I would reinstall the BES over the current setup, using the same besadmin user as when you first installed the BES. This should fix most of the problems. Your database will be kept.

If the encryption error still exists you can either delete all "desktop" service books on the blackberry and then activate the blackberry again, or, try this:
KB10836-How to regenerate encryption keys on a BlackBerry smartphone activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server
Old 01-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
SouthendSupporter

Tried running the installer logged in as my original admin (besdamin)
I get Internal Error 2803

Tried running it with BB and Exchange services running and stopped.
Same error.

I get the login pages for both the webconsole and webdesktop but cannot log in with the besadmin account and password (I can log on to the server with them)
I cannot login to the webdesktop with the BB user's username and password.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #8
nobody7290

since you have only one Handheld maybe try uninstalling the BES and installing it again:

backup the Blackberry using the Desktop manager if you think this is needed.
backup the SQL databases in case you want to restore the original configuration.

uninstall the BES Server

If, after uninstalling the install fails with the same error, here:
KB04096-How to perform a clean uninstall of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software

is a manual how to remove any remaining files.

When installing the Server again, there is a prompt to choose either Active Directory logon for the admin in the Web-Console or a local admin with a password stored in the BES database. If you choose the local authentification you will be able to login to the console, even when there is a problem with active directory. I would prefer this.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #9
SouthendSupporter

Quote:
since you have only one Handheld maybe try uninstalling the BES and installing it again:

backup the Blackberry using the Desktop manager if you think this is needed.
backup the SQL databases in case you want to restore the original configuration.

uninstall the BES Server

If, after uninstalling the install fails with the same error, here:

is a manual how to remove any remaining files.

When installing the Server again, there is a prompt to choose either Active Directory logon for the admin in the Web-Console or a local admin with a password stored in the BES database. If you choose the local authentification you will be able to login to the console, even when there is a problem with active directory. I would prefer this.
Well a great big thank you.

I reinstalled BES Express over the top of the original installation using my original besadmin account (this time using setup.exe and not the .msi file ), downloaded the activation app, loggeded into the BB Admin server successfully, initiated a wireless activation of my device, used the phone app to perform the activation and .............. UP AND RUNNING!!

Thank you so much for sticking with me and guiding me through my pain!
Closed Thread