Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
nshortridge

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default How do I change gmail password on BB Curve 8530

Please Login to Remove!

So, I changed my password on my gmail account and now I need to change it on my BB Curve 8530.
All instructions direct me to Setup, Email Settings, blah blah blah.

HOWEVER under Setup there is not a choice for Email settings. There is only a Setup Wizard, WiFi setup, and Bluetooth setup.

If I go the Setup wizard route there are a couple of screens in which I select NEXT then it takes me to the internet search browser instead of to an email setup/settings screen.

Please advise.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: How do I change gmail password on BB Curve 8530

You should see email setup, or set up internet email, or something like that after you click the setup icon. Have you tried a hard reset (battery pull)?

What OS are you running, 5? Or is it 6?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 10-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
amycunningham

Model: 8520
Carrier: O2

Hi i am totally new here so this is probably the wrong thread but basicily i need some help, my gmail account had an attempted hack at the weekend, i was away so couldn't change password till was home, so email stopped working, when i tried to change email password on the phone i follow the intrusions but i cant get passed Existing users, it wont accept user name or password, i was wondering if there was a way to rest phone to original state
Old 10-31-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Yes, you can reset the BlackBerry, but you don't need to do that, at least that isn't the solution at this point.

What exactly did you do? Presumably you changed the email password at Google, first, then you attempted to change the password for gmail on the BlackBerry using the email setup app on the device. Is that correct?

Have you tried again since the first time? Give it another try. Before you do, perform a hard reset. That is, with the power on, remove the battery for 30 seconds. Then give the email setup another try. Make sure you have a good solid mobile network signal when you do it. If you are using wifi and the setup is still a problem, try turning wifi off so you are sure you are using the mobile network.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #5
amycunningham

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Yes, you can reset the BlackBerry, but you don't need to do that, at least that isn't the solution at this point.

What exactly did you do? Presumably you changed the email password at Google, first, then you attempted to change the password for gmail on the BlackBerry using the email setup app on the device. Is that correct?

Have you tried again since the first time? Give it another try. Before you do, perform a hard reset. That is, with the power on, remove the battery for 30 seconds. Then give the email setup another try. Make sure you have a good solid mobile network signal when you do it. If you are using wifi and the setup is still a problem, try turning wifi off so you are sure you are using the mobile network.
Hi yeah i have tried serval times with the phone, i did change it on google then attemped on blackberry. I have done it a few times, i will try this, thanks so much for the advice

Last edited by amycunningham; 11-01-2012 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: Hi I just tried this and it didnt work, so should i just see about resetting whole phone?
Old 11-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #6
amycunningham

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycunningham View Post
Hi yeah i have tried serval times with the phone, i did change it on google then attemped on blackberry. I have done it a few times, i will try this, thanks so much for the advice
Hi I just tried what you suggested and still no luck, so how can i reset whole phone, i have already taken my pictures on phone
Old 11-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

There is one thing I'd like you to try first. Open the email setup app and then delete the gmail address. Do a hard reset like I described above. Then open the email setup app again and add the gmail address. See if that works.

Ok. I'm not convinced you need to do this, but you could try a security wipe. Do a full backup first. Then open the device options and then the security options screen. You may see the security wipe selection on the screen, or you may have to select it from the menu. You may see an option to delete user-installed or third party apps. After the security wipe, do minimal setup and then setup email. Then, restore just your data from the backup, and do the personalizations and customizations over from scratch manually.

If the security wipe doesn't work, you could try reinstalling the OS. I'm not convinced you need to do that either, but it would rule out a software problem on your end.

Last edited by aiharkness; 11-01-2012 at 09:56 AM..
Old 11-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
amycunningham

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
There is one thing I'd like you to try first. Open the email setup app and then delete the gmail address. Do a hard reset like I described above. Then open the email setup app again and add the gmail address. See if that works.

Ok. I'm not convinced you need to do this, but you could try a security wipe. Do a full backup first. Then open the device options and then the security options screen. You may see the security wipe selection on the screen, or you may have to select it from the menu. You may see an option to delete user-installed or third party apps. After the security wipe, do minimal setup and then setup email. Then, restore just your data from the backup, and do the personalizations and customizations over from scratch manually.

If the security wipe doesn't work, you could try reinstalling the OS. I'm not convinced you need to do that either, but it would rule out a software problem on your end.
Well basicly when i go to reset email i dont even get service providers up at all, i dont get gmail, yahoo etc
Old 11-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Ok. Sounds like it may be best -- at least the shortest route to a solution -- if you just reinstall the OS. See the following.

KB11320-How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

Do a full backup first. Setup your email first thing afterward. Just selectively restore your data from your backup, none of the settings. Do the settings and personalizations over again manually.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #10
amycunningham

thanks so much i did as suggested and it has worked
Old 11-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #11
aiharkness
BlackBerry God