pjdrsd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwilford
Good Morning
I was able to get 1XEV after several tries at *2. I am in Southern Cal east of Los Angeles. I noticed that Sprint has release the 4.1 update. I used the Telstar update. Dare I install the new Sprint update over the telestar

I had the Telstra originally and replaced it with the Sprint 4.1. Worked fine for me. Glad to see others are being persistent with the *2 - it can take a while, but it will work!
Old 03-22-2006, 12:53 PM   #62
jwolf7722
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e

So how much faster is this EVDO? I am debating on getting a blackberry but worry about internet speed.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:06 PM   #63
bnandreu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

jwolf7722 - EVDO speed, well like the turtle and the hare.

All, I spoke with "Nathan" at Sprint and he confirmed that my changing the HA address on my BB fixed my 1XEV issue. He said that while EVDO on the 7250 isn't officially supported they have theirs working. The guy was cool and basically confirmed what we all know: it's all in how savvy the tech is that we speak to that dictates whether we get our issues resolved or not.

FYI - the 3rd octate in the HA address identifies the region/area.

xx.xx.177.xx = Dallas/Ft. Worth
xx.xx.185.xx = New Orleans/Kenner (interestingly enough this is San Antonio's primary HA address)
Old 03-23-2006, 09:59 AM   #64
bjk.qaz

Model: 8830

Just called Sprint. They were zero help. Not officially supported and thus they wouldn't help. Guess officially I'll have to wait. :(
Old 03-23-2006, 10:08 AM   #65
nicu2001
Knows Where the Search Button Is

All,

I am now full time 1XEV! What I learned from my situation was that you have to call and hope you get one of the better level 3 Sprint people for Blackberry support. I called a few times and had no help but called today and spoke with Chris who was only 3 weeks in to being a tech for Sprint (came from nextel) but he was more helpful than anyone. After spending about 30 minutes testing everything on both sides, he put me on hold to speak with someone on the server team... he came back to tell me that EVDO should be up and running in a few seconds... he had me pull the battery and when I put it back in, 1XEV!

When I asked him what was wrong and how he set me up, he told me that he "re-provisioned the phone for EVDO services" and that my "configuration was not provisioned to originally accept EVDO." Whatever he did it was on their side so if anyone is running in to similar problems as the ones I posted earlier in this thread, make sure you call the correct number (877-654-9111) and get lucky enough to speak with a helpful support person. You could try asking for Chris or perhaps Nathan whom bnandreu spoke with.

Good luck all!
Old 03-23-2006, 02:16 PM   #66
phantomtech
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9850

Does anyone have a link for the map that shows what areas have EVDO already?
Old 03-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #67
Naked Wife
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
Carrier: SPRINT

enter your zip code and view the coverage map. The orange areas (if you have any) have EVDO.

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/co...Plans_Coverage
Old 03-24-2006, 08:49 AM   #68
bjk.qaz

Currently I'm on hold with Sprint Biz Blackberry data people (Crystal)... I asked her to "provision my blackberry for EVDO", she put me on hold for a few minutes and began to process the order. For some reason she needed the account passcode to authorize the change. I gave that to her and now she is changing/updating the account.

I'll post the final result soon.

edit...

Just got off the phone, they had me goto OPTIONS | NETWORK and select START PROVISIONING. They told me that it can take up to 4 hours to complete. It actually took about 5. I pulled the battery and nothing, still just 1X. Dang it. Guess I'll have to call back. BTW, I'm in Minneapolis.

Last edited by bjk.qaz; 03-24-2006 at 09:16 AM..
Old 03-29-2006, 11:10 AM   #69
nicu2001

bjk.qaz -

They had me to that at first as well.. didn't do anything multiple times.. they said they have to "provision" something on their end, network side. Maybe that helps? Try asking for the guys that have been successful and maybe they will be more helpful. Good luck!
Old 04-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #70
mike01svt

Model: 7250

another happy evdo customer...

first time was a charm!! BUT i forgot to do my os upgrade before, so no dice..

upgraded os and called back, they didnt want to send me the PRL cuz "it doesnt have anything to do with evdo" so i called back and got the same girl, she then said fine, I will send it.. and now i am surfin the net at blazing speeds!!!
Old 04-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #71
mike01svt

oh something else very strange.. i have full bars of service ALL the time now LOL
Old 04-02-2006, 03:40 PM   #72
Naked Wife

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Congrats mike. Welcome to the club.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #73
bjk.qaz

My 7250 has been on 1XEV for the last 4 hours... it just changed and never went back to 1X. My last contact with Sprint asking for the service was two weeks ago. I'm in MN. yeah.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:15 AM   #74
ToY9CiTO

Model: 7105T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjk.qaz
My 7250 has been on 1XEV for the last 4 hours... it just changed and never went back to 1X. My last contact with Sprint asking for the service was two weeks ago. I'm in MN. yeah.

So now that you have EVDO on your BB 7250 can you watch SPRINT TV on it.... like CNN Fox Sports and Weather Channels etc?
Old 04-13-2006, 08:33 AM   #75
braz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: att
Default Where oh Where do I begin......

Ok, sorry to bring this old thread back to life but I didnt want to create another since its sort of the same topic.

As you may or may not know a few of us had a hell of a time getting EVDO and the PRL update to take.

I had my 7250 running great when all of a sudden I went to the gym with my bb and the screen was smashed :(

Sprint replaced the 7250 under warrenty but that was the least of my worries. Ever since I recieved my new bb I have had a few odd problems.

Example missing browser icon out of the box. Even after installing 4.1 on the device still nothing. I resolved this problem after 2 hrs on the phone and no thanks to the bb support team at sprint.

Now for the ass kicker, I cant for the life of me get the PRL update to work again. I have opened a trouble ticket because last time once I did that it seemed to work shortly there after.

Further more I have another user in my company on the same phone and he can't get the PRL update either. I wonder if its something in our area??

Any ideas or thoughts let me know.

Tks braz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bb.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	2634  
Old 04-13-2006, 09:22 AM   #76
robber
Thumbs Must Hurt

I am having the same issue. I have spent close to 10 hours trying to get this to work. Sprint store, 100 calls to *2 etc.

I just cant get it to work.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:51 PM   #77
KMK

Has anyone else had any success? I'm in the midst of my own personal upgrade horror movie, trickling in at 1X speed from my good buddies at Sprint.

Like others, my hang-up seems to be in getting the PRL update to take. I've *2'ed about 50 times. I have talked to level I and level II service who were of no help whatsoever. The level II rep basically just blew me off, saying she had "fixed it" on her end and asking if there was anything else she could help with. Of course, when I checked the PRL it was the same 10030 I had started with 2 days ago.

The direct blackberry support (877-654-9111) has been a little more knowledgable but no more helpful. I've called at least half-a-dozen times in hopes of getting somebody good, but no luck so far. (I got Brian twice. Avoid Brian.) The consensus seems to be that I need to get the update manually at a store, which I will dutifully attempt tomorrow. Other posters on this board haven't had much luck at the stores. Has anyone gotten this to work at a store? I'll let you know if I'm able to get this fixed somehow, but right now I'm frustrated. I've been out of contract for a month and if I can't get this to work within a week or so I may well switch to Verizon.

Congrats to those who have cracked the EVDO code. I hope I will join you someday.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:00 PM   #78
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many

Sprint will release the 7130 in a couple weeks and officially support EVDO at that time.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:04 PM   #79
Naked Wife

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I wonder if provisioning the phone would help. Through options, network, trackwheel, start provisioning. I think that along with sending the service books from BIS worked. Honestly, however, I'm not sure if either of those two procedures helped me get the heavily sought 1XEV. Good luck.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:31 PM   #80
KMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Wife

I wonder if provisioning the phone would help. Through options, network, trackwheel, start provisioning. I think that along with sending the service books from BIS worked. Honestly, however, I'm not sure if either of those two procedures helped me get the heavily sought 1XEV. Good luck.
I've re-provisioned several times, taken the battery out a bunch (I'm really good at it now), all the usual stuff that sometimes causes a miracle to occur. I called Sprint BB support again (I'm now on a first-name basis with John) and he told me to go to Options, Advanced, Host Routing, then click and select Register Now. According to John, this would resend the service books. I'm a bit skeptical since the arrows only flashed for 10 or 15 seconds and I was hoping for something more dramatic, like a holographic "CONGRATULATIONS YOU BROKE THE CODE" followed by a shiny new 1XEV. But alas, only a "Registration" message in my Inbox, identical to the one you get after re-provisioning.

Oh, well, I'll just have to be patient until I can get to the store tomorrow. I'll amuse myself looking for themes to go with my new 4.1 OS. Thanks for your help.
Closed Thread