Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
dyzs
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9100
Carrier: TMO
Default Rogers network down?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm roaming on Rogers now and I have Data connection refused. TMO says it's nothing on their end and an associate of mine who is with Rogers for BB service also has the data connection refused message. This leads me to think that Rogers is down. Anyone else having this?
Old 04-22-2006, 09:44 PM   #2
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

Nope, just at par with their bad data service. I get it all the time with CDN and US travel. Try popping the battery.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:47 PM   #3
dyzs

Rogers or TMO's bad service? Popped the battery already, this is the first time I have gotten this while roaming.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:54 PM   #4
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

I'd bank on Robbers. I've had similar issues in Ottawa, Calgary, LA, Vegas shall I continue. You could also be in a dead spot. TMo can be spotty in certain areas.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:59 PM   #5
dyzs

I'm in Toronto right now, in a good area, can make and receive phone calls, can send sms, just BB services are down hence the data connection refused. Do you have a number for Rogers?
Old 04-22-2006, 10:03 PM   #6
dyzs

Just called TMO and they already have a ticket up for this now. It seems that Rogers is causing an issue for roaming and their engineering departments are working to resolve.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:08 PM   #7
Angela

Model: 8760

Seems to be a problem with the Rogers network -- All T-MO and Cingular users roaming in Southern Ontario are experiencing this problem. I'm currently on a business trip in ON together with 12 other BB users and we've all been stuck on lowercase gprs for almost 24 hours now.. It's so frustrating!!!!!!! I hate Rogers. I hate Rogers!! Your BB data plans are HORRIBLE! Thieves!

Canadians need a new GSM provider.... T-Mobile, anyone??

Last edited by Angela; 04-22-2006 at 11:11 PM..
Old 04-23-2006, 01:11 AM   #8
dyzs

Are you and your colleagues back up? I'm amazed that Rogers gets away with not having someone answering the phones for roamers. Talk about mickey mouse...
Old 04-23-2006, 02:07 PM   #9
Angela

Model: 8760

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzs
Are you and your colleagues back up? I'm amazed that Rogers gets away with not having someone answering the phones for roamers. Talk about mickey mouse...
We're back up -- and at full signal strength everywhere we go!! Rogers get away with a lot more than you think.. their tech support is abysmal, not to mention their stupid BlackBerry data plans!! How on earth does one live on a 25MB plan for $60/month.? Such thievery shouldn't be allowed in this day and age.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:27 PM   #10
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

It's called the big bully tactic! As long as they can get away with it they'll continue. I finally got fed up and just farward my basic Robbers line to my Bell 7250. Get this on Bell anything over 500MB on the unlimited plan is considered abuse. Sure beats Robbers 25MB cap...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
We're back up -- and at full signal strength everywhere we go!! Rogers get away with a lot more than you think.. their tech support is abysmal, not to mention their stupid BlackBerry data plans!! How on earth does one live on a 25MB plan for $60/month.? Such thievery shouldn't be allowed in this day and age.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:20 AM   #11
dyzs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
What time did you go back up? I went up and down several times before it finally stayed capital GPRS.
Closed Thread