BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 10:43 AM   #41
Obsidiank
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

I was wondering when someone was going to say the ole "You broke it, they don't have to fix it line" That seems to be the general theme around this forum where people are really unsympathetic and even hostile at times. No one want to see their device that cost them hundreds of dollars break in a stupid way. I am very curious if someone could tell me whether the battery door on the 8700g is different from the 8700c. I have been playing with mine since the 8700c debut last thanksgiving and open it quite a bit. Additionally just looking at the way the clip works the two clips on the top and the four on the side are one piece joined to the plastic. If you are sliding it out in the motion that is require to open it without lifting it in anyway, how did it break? Did it just crack off in the horizontal pull motion? I am not doubting that you didn't break it, just very curious as to how it happened. No matter how hard I try to slide the cover, I can't get the clips to budge so I am wondering how much force was actually needed to get it to break. I am thinking that if all you did was slide it and it cracked off horizontally, then it is a defect with those doors. I agree that calling RIM would be the best bet.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:46 AM   #42
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c

We try not to be hostile, but some people have bad days (or bad lives). You kinda just have to ignore it and move on. Thats what Gecko is here for, to keep the peace!
Old 04-28-2006, 11:00 AM   #43
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700G

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi
There definitely is truth to the old saying "the grass is greener on the other side of the fence". Good luck with Cingular!
Problem is ... 99% of the time it's only more grass with the weeds in different locations.

Design issue = RIM

Wireless service issue = Carrier

No one has mentioned if the loose fit of some of the battery doors may be a contributing factor. If the compartment has been filled with a biz card or the like, that 1mm additional height could potentially stress the tabs when the door is secured. Just another $.02.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:40 AM   #44
aristobrat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7130e
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead
Basically T-Mo will loose $2,500 a year over a .20 cent battery cover. Ya that's great business!
Yeah, and you're losing [$300/year if you're BIS, $180/year if you're BES] by switching to Cingular. And that's just in data costs (assuming that they've fixed the problem where you get charged by the KB for 3rd party app data usage).

I understand about standing up for what one believes in, but I'm not a huge fan when it comes with a high pricetag.

I'd escalate this issue all the way to T-Mo's executive office before I'd even consider switching to a competitor that cost that much more money.

Like you said, T-Mobile won't miss you. The only person that would lose (if you switch) is you.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #45
aristobrat

And I know this'll probably give me a "fanboy" rep for a bit, but if you've seen some of the fraud (over at HowardForums ... some folks love to gloat there) that other T-Mobile customers try to pull on T-Mobile (when it comes to damaged phones), you'd understand (although not necessarily agree) with why T-Mobile's put their foot down on some of their policies.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #46
ebgreen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700

Pretty sure that some of the posters in this thread (and definitely in thes fora) have admitted to defrauding carriers.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:50 AM   #47
wingdo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8220
Carrier: T-Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by djseto
I think TMobile is right here, this isnt their fault, it's yours. They didnt break the clips you did, so I think its a stretch for them to replace it for you. This shouldnt affect their customer service because its not their place to fix what you broke. I would be pissed too, dont get me wrong, but I dont think you can blame them for having bad customer service. When they screw up on your bill and don't fix it, thats bad customer service.
Agreed, but you would think they would have the parts on hand and be willing to sell the cover.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:53 AM   #48
nosidam

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat
Yeah, and you're losing [$300/year if you're BIS, $180/year if you're BES] by switching to Cingular. And that's just in data costs (assuming that they've fixed the problem where you get charged by the KB for 3rd party app data usage).
Huh? They charge different rates based on BIS or BES usage?
Old 04-28-2006, 11:54 AM   #49
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c

No they do not
Old 04-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #50
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700g: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

The T-Mo BB data price is less than Cingular
Old 04-28-2006, 12:10 PM   #51
wingdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyg510
No they do not
Unless they have changed pricing plans in the last few days, T-Mo charges $10 more per month for BES than BIS.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:19 PM   #52
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

Well i can say i have had bad experences with tmo and there customer service... i used shannon luther from tmo to order my bb and everything was fine.. i decided to order a sk2 and when i got it.. it was defective.. camera was all red.. shannon sent me rma number and direction on how to return and sent me a brand new one.. she explained that i would be charged with both but as soon as tmo got it.. call customer service with tracking number and your account would be credited... a month goes by after they already got the defective sk2 and no credit.. all i got was the run around no one wanted to help everyone just kepp saying u need to talk to this person..etc i finally had to scream and refused to pay the balance of 148.88 which was the exact amount of the credit i was suppose toget.. finally a lady helped me after i told them i need to speak to a supervisor because i was cutting my phones off... tmo customer service isnt helpful at all IMO.. they just have cheap data plans.. thats the only thing going for them

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 04-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #53
nosidam

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdo
Unless they have changed pricing plans in the last few days, T-Mo charges $10 more per month for BES than BIS.
That's ridiculous!
Old 04-28-2006, 05:53 PM   #54
wingdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosidam
That's ridiculous!
Either way, it's still cheaper than Cingular.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:00 PM   #55
aristobrat

Quote:
That's ridiculous!
$19.99 = unlimited BIS
$29.99 = unlimited BES

I'm with wingdo ... may be crazy, but it's still less expensive.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:04 PM   #56
nosidam

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat
$19.99 = unlimited BIS
$29.99 = unlimited BES

I'm with wingdo ... may be crazy, but it's still less expensive.
Yeah, you're right, but how do they do that? Do you declare that you want BIS when you sign up and they block BES service books? I guess I'm asking how they enforce that? What's to stop me from getting BIS and then attaching it to a BES?
Old 04-28-2006, 07:46 PM   #57
Zipper

Model: 8520
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmoTech
that is the nature of the business, not being satified and thinking the grass is greener on the other side, at the moment we have at least a million bb users, and to have a few not go perfectly is to be expected of any endeavor where XXX in a million odds are involved, so unless you CREATE something better, all you are is a whiner....and like everyone else here gets to express an opinion, i expect the same in return, without labeling me as speaking for my entire crew of 45,000+ employees, its sensationalist and sad...
Sorry, I disagree with your comment. Is your comment represent TMO company return policy?

I know it is different industry. My day time job is in charge of a (large, shamlessly say it) US company Customer/return goods. The monthly return items is > 20,000 pieces. I can always get the refund from the manufacture, no receipt is needed because there are code within the device.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:45 PM   #58
wingdo

Quote:
Yeah, you're right, but how do they do that? Do you declare that you want BIS when you sign up and they block BES service books? I guess I'm asking how they enforce that? What's to stop me from getting BIS and then attaching it to a BES?
Not sure how they do it. I can confirm that my original service was BIS and when I finally convinced some people we should install a BES here and buy some BBs, I was unable to connect to my BES until I called T-Mo and moved to the more expensive service.

They block something, I am not sure what, but they do prevent it from working.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:46 PM   #59
nosidam

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdo
They block something, I am not sure what, but they do prevent it from working.
Interesting. Thanks. We have a corporate TMo account and I never even knew they had tier pricing.

Just ordered 100 8700g's and they threw in two more and a t-shirt for free. Now if only cust serv would respond like the sales team does...
Old 04-28-2006, 11:30 PM   #60
stripesace

Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile

100 berries, and all you got was 2 more and a lousy t-shirt? 100x399.99 is a tall order! Seems like they'd hook you up with some other stuff too. Shoot, A consultant I work with walked into Verizion looked the guy straight in the eye and told him he wanted 3 treo 700w's, right then and there, no questions asked with a huge lump some of minutes and they trough an entire accessory package of BT headset, carrying case, and a car charger.