www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 01-29-2005, 12:47 PM   #4
flonman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100r
Carrier: Rogers
Default new 7100 user w/HS810, my thoughts

First, the 7100r. I like it a lot. Only complaint would be the lack of user documentation. I really had to do a lot of experimenting (and alot of refering to this forum) in order to fully utilize the capabilities of this unit. Other than that, the 7100r has completely replaced my PDA and Motorola cell combo.

Now the HS810 headset. Based on the recommendations I found on this forum it looked like the HS810 was the headset for me. I have had it for 2 weeks now and here are my thoughts.

Installation with BB: great
Sound quality reported by others: great
Fit on my ear: felt VERY loose fitting but you get used to it
Sound quality in my ear: sometimes OK but most of the time it is quite crackly. Kind of like you're talking to someone on a cheap walkie talkie. It is not bad enough for me to return but it is an annoyance.

Overall the HS810 has made me a MUCH more productive rep on the road because prior to using it I would rarely take or return calls while driving. But, WARNING, be very careful that when ending a call sometimes the unit shuts off by itself and sometimes it waits for you to click the main button. If it shuts off by itself then you also click the main button you will redial the last person you talked to. And if you dont notice it then you will have the other person on the line listening to whatever you are saying after your call is done. Just stop and think for a second about some of the things you have said after getting off the phone with someone. After one nasty experience, I now am double checking every time I end a call.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:19 PM   #5
ACNbb

" really had to do a lot of experimenting (and alot of refering to this forum) in order to fully utilize the capabilities of this unit"

I like you just got the 7100r and am suffering from the same lack of user documentation.

Can you post a short list of things that you've found/customizations that enable you to "fully utilize the capabilities of this unit" ?

Would like to share notes with you...
Closed Thread