Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 02:47 PM   #1
ld-runner
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default RIM sending me a NEW 8700c

Please Login to Remove!

I use the BES Express server that RIM gives away. I just received an email from RIM stating that they want to mail me a FREE 8700c. As a side note, they gave me a link on where to buy CALS for my new device. I guess RIM is going to make money by selling $99 CALs for $300 phones. lmao.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:49 PM   #2
jungleland
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ld-runner
I use the BES Express server that RIM gives away. I just received an email from RIM stating that they want to mail me a FREE 8700c. As a side note, they gave me a link on where to buy CALS for my new device. I guess RIM is going to make money by selling $99 CALs for $300 phones. lmao.
wait...they just picked you at random to give you a free 8700c?
Old 05-19-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
ld-runner

Here is what the email said...

Thank you for downloading the BlackBerry Enterprise Server xxx8482;v4.1 Express. As one of the first 500 registrants, who indicated Cingular as their preferred carrier, Cingular and BlackBerryxxx174; are pleased to offer you the opportunity to further extend your experience of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server integration with BlackBerry wireless devices. You have been chosen to receive a BlackBerry 8700c Wireless Handheldxxx8482; for you or one of your associates -- all at no charge!*
Old 05-19-2006, 02:52 PM   #4
jungleland

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ld-runner
Here is what the email said...

Thank you for downloading the BlackBerry Enterprise Server ™v4.1 Express. As one of the first 500 registrants, who indicated Cingular as their preferred carrier, Cingular and BlackBerry® are pleased to offer you the opportunity to further extend your experience of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server integration with BlackBerry wireless devices. You have been chosen to receive a BlackBerry 8700c Wireless Handheld™ for you or one of your associates -- all at no charge!*

FUC#!!! That's cool
Old 05-19-2006, 02:55 PM   #5
ld-runner

i have to give thanks to this forum. I would have never have known about BES Express if not for this place. I was a P.O. away from sending RIM $1000 to buy BES for Small Business Edition. Ironic :S
Old 05-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #6
mahal721
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

that's awesome. i want an 8700c too :(
Old 05-19-2006, 03:40 PM   #7
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700

Nice! Congrats on your good luck. Sounds like you need to play the lottery.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-19-2006, 04:38 PM   #8
jschofield

Model: 8700c
Default Free BlackBerry from Cingular and RIM - Too good to be true?

I just received the following email and was wondering if anyone else has received anything similar. I filled it out and sent it off in a hurry but am a little skeptical, even though the header shows the sender as 'BlackBerry@crp.rim.com'. I'll report back when/if it comes in.

Quote:
Special offer for BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express Users

Thank you for downloading the BlackBerry Enterprise Server ™v4.1 Express. As one of the first 500 registrants, who indicated Cingular as their preferred carrier, Cingular and BlackBerry® are pleased to offer you the opportunity to further extend your experience of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server integration with BlackBerry wireless devices. You have been chosen to receive a BlackBerry 8700c Wireless Handheld™ for you or one of your associates -- all at no charge!*

This offer expires May 27, 2006 and limited quantities** are available. So register today to pass along the BlackBerry experience! BlackBerry -- keeping you connected to your business and customers no matter where your life takes you.

Regards,

The BlackBerry Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Please allow 5 business days for delivery of devices.

**Device must be activated on a Cingular voice/data plan of your choice by June 2, 2006.

-Quantities are limited. Offer good while supplies last. Offer good only in U.S. Offer is not transferable and is limited to one per person. BlackBerry reserves the right to change/cancel program at any time.

jschofield
Old 05-19-2006, 04:40 PM   #9
lgreenberg

Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

<Dupe threads merged>
Old 05-19-2006, 07:51 PM   #10
sm1th
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: O2

I have a free 8700g, from O2 UK, on a (kind of) expensive contract. But it's not that bad, really.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:01 PM   #11
geek_riot

Yeah, I got an email to. Hope it's legitimate!
Old 05-19-2006, 10:44 PM   #12
headtailgrep
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 950
Carrier: robbers

Looks good to me -- i had no such offer from Rogers -- CHEAP BASTARDS!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:13 AM   #13
tlewsadder
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Default me too.

i got the same email.

i need a little help though... when i got followed the link in the email it took me to a form that asked me for various info but most importantly ....

BES Express Edition Order Number (This number was provided in your Express Edition registration download confirm

i may be totally out to lunch but i thought the software was going to be mailed to me. am i wrong? i didnt get a code, atleast not that i am aware of. i want to figure this out before it is too late.

also i was wondering about the conditions of the free blackberry, it says that it has to be activated thru cingular by a certain date. does this mean starting a new contract or can i use it with a account that i currently have for one of my employees?

thank you in advance. sorry for being a dumb*ss.

toby
Old 05-20-2006, 02:06 AM   #14
aau007

Model: 8700g
Carrier: TMO

does the offer also require you to buy at least one more CAL?

I wonder what would happen if you don't activate that BB on a new account.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:34 AM   #15
geek_riot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlewsadder
i may be totally out to lunch but i thought the software was going to be mailed to me. am i wrong? i didnt get a code, atleast not that i am aware of. i want to figure this out before it is too late.
The email you recieved with the download link should have the order #. Or at least thats how mine came.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:33 PM   #16
tlewsadder

Default still lost.

this is exactly what mine says. i cant find another link for the actuall download.

This offer expires May 27, 2006 and limited quantities** are available. So register today to pass along the BlackBerry experience! BlackBerry -- keeping you connected to your business and customers no matter where your life takes you.

Regards,

The BlackBerry Team

**Device must be activated on a Cingular voice/data plan of your choice by June 2, 2006.

-Quantities are limited. Offer good while supplies last. Offer good only in U.S. Offer is not transferable and is limited to one per person. BlackBerry reserves the right to change/cancel program at any time.

am i totally wrong by thinking it could be in the mail?if it is..... it better be here soon. i dont want to lose out on such a great deal.

thanks in advance.
toby
Old 05-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #17
koleary19067

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Toby

I think what Kim meant was the email that you got when you downloaded the BES. THe letter above seems like a different email that was sent out after you already downloaded the product. I least I think this is what they are saying.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:12 PM   #18
aau007

Model: 8700g
Carrier: TMO

Anyone of you guys figure out what V/D plan you need to sign up with Cingular on? What happens if you don't? Does the free BB offer ask for any information so RIM/Cingular can go after you for the full price of the BB if you don't fulfill the offering requirement? Otherwise, I wonder what recourse RIM/Cingular has if you just take the BB to use on existing account, sell it outright or pay-to-unlock and use with other carrier.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:27 PM   #19
geek_riot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlewsadder
this is exactly what mine says. i cant find another link for the actuall download.

Regards,

The BlackBerry Team

am i totally wrong by thinking it could be in the mail?if it is..... it better be here soon. i dont want to lose out on such a great deal.

thanks in advance.
toby

This is the email I was refering to. It was sent when I requested the BES Express software:
Dear Kim S.

Thank you for purchasing RIM software.

You may pickup your software and license keys by visiting:
https://www.blackberry.com/Fulfillment/etc, etc. ect....

YOUR ORDER
Carrier Research In Motion
Order Number (your order # here) xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Order Date May 09, 2006 14:29 EDT
Address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Suite xxxx
Longview, TX
US

Product(s) Ordered

* BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express 4.1 for Microsoft Exchange
Old 05-20-2006, 11:14 PM   #20
tlewsadder

Default what are the conditions?

anyone have any idea of the conditions? do i need to start a whole new contract? the blackberry will be for one of my employees who i already have an account for. can i just upgrade her service? add blackberry package?

anyone?

thank you

toby
Closed Thread