BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 09:30 PM   #1
mntclimber

Model: 7520
Default Very Frustrated

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, I am at witts end. It all started when my old laptop crashed. Got a new laptop, installed BB software. All installed fine or at least I thought it did. I got decryption errors, could receive but not reply/send emails. I am running redirector. Deinstalled software and ever since have just had one issue after another. When I now launch my outlook (microsoft 2003) it wont let me connect without selecting a profile, this is with or without BB software loaded. I have to choose new profile. While trying to load software I select redirector and it starts to load. I get a message saying that there is something wrong with my outlook. I close outlook and it continues loading. Once the software finishes loading I launch outlook, picking the new profile. I think I have lost a service book because my enterprise activation icon stays on, when I launch redirector it says no pin, and my desktop manager just stays in working. PLEASE help, this is turning into such a pain in the ass......

Hal
Old 05-25-2006, 09:51 PM   #2
phetish phil
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: m

Decryption errors would have been resolved by regenerating encryption keys connecting to desktop manager. Moving on.

If everything is broken start over again. Uninstall desktop redirector. Uninstall desktop manager. Kill all your MAPI profiles and create a new one.

Load Outlook with new MAPI profile. Install Desktop Manager. Install Desktop Redirector. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

And yes, you have the Entperprise Icon on your handheld because you don't have a CMIME service book.

Someone else may have some more specific advice but that's what I got.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:51 PM   #3
mntclimber

I have a nextel 7520, thanks.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:53 PM   #4
mntclimber

Thanks for the help, how do I get a CMIME serviced book?
Old 05-25-2006, 09:58 PM   #5
phetish phil
Thumbs Must Hurt

In the case of redirector it's desktop[cmime] and you can get it by connecting to desktop manager and syncing I believe. desktop[cmime] is also for BES. webclient[cmime] is bis 1.8. [email address][cmime] is bis 2.0.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:00 AM   #6
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

I peeked at your profile and saw you have a 7520. You can hide the Enterprise Activation icon by highlighting the enterprise activation icon, holding the ALT key (next to the space bar) and clicking on the trackwheel and selecting "Hide Icon."

I would uninstall and reinstall Desktop Manager and see what happens. For your Outlook problems, go to your IT department and see if they can find the issue. I don't know if you're the only BB user there, but they may be able to set up BES for you instead of Redirector to correct the problem.

To get your Browser, Download Fun, and Setup Internet Email icons back, on your BB, go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Register Now and click on that.

I don't know if you also use BlackBerry Internet Service as well but go to your carrier's website, log in, choose Set Up Internet Email, click on Service Books, and Send. This will resend your service books, Enterprise Activation (which you may have to redo), Download Fun, and Set Up Internet Email icons.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:00 AM   #7
mntclimber

Ok, one last stupid question. How do I delete all my MAPI profiles?
Old 05-26-2006, 03:03 AM   #8
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

Wow I thought I was the only one replying to this LOL
Old 05-26-2006, 03:05 AM   #9
phetish phil
Thumbs Must Hurt

If your not sure I would definitely consult your mail admin if possible. It's not really all that difficult but it's not entirely obvious either.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:18 PM   #10
headtailgrep
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 950
Carrier: robbers

Please search the forum -- i have posted solutions to the 'decryption error' problem a year ago. call your support team once you have found and have not solved this problem.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:05 PM   #11
careyana
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
Carrier: CingATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntclimber
Ok, one last stupid question. How do I delete all my MAPI profiles?
Easiest way is to go into Control Panel\Mail and depending on your outlook version choose Show Profiles or the profiles will appear when choosing Mail. In either case, delete all the profiles. You can then recreate your mail account - you may also want to run a Detect and Repair on your Outlook install (within Outlook, go to Help and it should be an option).
Closed Thread