Carrier: sprint

Please Login to Remove!

it works fine for me i like it a lot accually
Old 04-08-2006, 10:04 AM   #22
Steve
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Wirelessly posted (Cingular-Blue 7290: BlackBerry7290/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I use wap.switchboard.com. I rarely need it, but it's out there whenever I do.

Steve
Old 04-09-2006, 01:27 PM   #23
Jim Peelgren
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7105
Cool WGarage's Rev Lookup...after 4.1

I have recently upgraded my TMo 7105t to OS 4.1 (using HK CSL). The upgrade seems to have worked well (took way longer than I expected). There are a few quirks I am working through. One is that my WGarage Revers Lookup seems to have disappeared. Any ideas why, WGarage?

For all, I have found WGarage to be indispensable, especially with its integration into the email and phone apps. I get a lot of calls from phone #'s not listed in my contacts (although I have over 1,600 contacts). Often these are outbound #'s from companies I do business with so it gives me a better clue about how (or whether) I want to return the call. Nice utility, perhaps a little pricey, but then... it's only money!
Old 05-19-2006, 11:05 AM   #24
jacobsaa
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: The New AT&T

Once downloaded, how do you delete Wgarage?

Politicin' 24/7
Old 05-19-2006, 11:20 AM   #25
jungleland
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePolaski
Try searching the forum for Blackberry 411. Its a cool program that allows you to do reverse phone lookups and has always worked for me.

CONCUR!! By far the best add on out there...
Old 06-07-2006, 12:52 AM   #26
munizv
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers
Default Rphone plugin does not return Canadian numbers

I've tried using rphone with Berry411 but have had no success looking up names to canadian numbers; at least not in the 604 area code. Saw a post on the berry411 support site about this issue Nov/2005 but have not read anything new about it. Anyone have any insight?
Old 09-08-2007, 05:28 PM   #27
I81u812
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

Can anyone simply look up two cell phone numbers for me? PM me please!

Im getting prank called like crazy and its making me freaking nuts.
WORLD WIDE EMERGENCY CELL NUMBER DIAL: #112

USA MOBILITY BRAVO 502-The Pager
8100 Pearl- Stolen by the Ex
8300-The Cell
Old 09-08-2007, 06:05 PM   #28
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by I81u812 View Post
Can anyone simply look up two cell phone numbers for me? PM me please!

Im getting prank called like crazy and its making me freaking nuts.

Sorry - reverse lookup directories don't include cell phone listings.

You should document the incoming calls, numbers, date & time, and file a report with the police if this is really serious.

Last edited by vinmontRD; 09-08-2007 at 06:06 PM..
Old 09-08-2007, 06:11 PM   #29
I81u812
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

I have been keeping records of the calls and have even changed my number. Then whoever it is called my parents house at 4am and told my parents it was an emergency and they need my number.

I told the cops and they offered to call the number and tell them to knock it off.

WORLD WIDE EMERGENCY CELL NUMBER DIAL: #112

USA MOBILITY BRAVO 502-The Pager
8100 Pearl- Stolen by the Ex
8300-The Cell
Old 09-08-2007, 07:31 PM   #30
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

There is a legal basis for stopping this person if the behavior doesn't stop. First - it's important to make sure the person has been explicitly told to stop bothering you. You should take up the police offer, and have them call and tell the person to stop - and you should make sure a record of the event has been made.

Once the person has been told to stop, repeated events may be classified as "harassment", which is defined as: "A course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such person and serves no legitimate purpose" or "Words, gestures, and actions which tend to annoy, alarm and abuse (verbally) another person." (source: Black's Law Dictionary).

A discussion from the website "haltabuse.org" describes this well:

Harassment consists of the intentional crossing of your emotional or physical safety boundaries. You must have boundaries set in place clearly in order for that to apply. The legal definition of harassment, according to Black's Law Dictionary, is:

"A course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such person and serves no legitimate purpose" or "Words, gestures, and actions which tend to annoy, alarm and abuse (verbally) another person."

This is of course a very broad definition, which state and federal legislation and common law have narrowed and refined in various ways. However, for our purposes, WHOA defines online harassment as any actions that meet the qualifications of the above definition after the harasser has been told to cease.

If someone simply disagrees with you, however strongly or unpleasantly, that isn't harassment. Someone who sends you a single email message that isn't overtly threatening probably hasn't harassed you. Spam, while very annoying, isn't harassment. And messages posted to any open venue, such as a newsgroup, a web-based board, an AOL discussion forum or a chat room, are seldom truly harassing unless they're forged to appear to come from you or contain direct threats or libelous statements. The same goes for things said on someone else's web site. Harassment usually involves repeated communications via email or some sort of instant messaging program after the harasser has clearly been told to go away.

Cyberstalking is a specific kind of harassment. The Department of Justice 1999 study on the subject defines it as "the use of the Internet, e-mail, or other electronic communications devices to stalk another person. Stalking generally involves harassing or threatening behavior that an individual engages in repeatedly, such as following a person, appearing at a person's home or place of business, making harassing phone calls, leaving written messages or objects, or vandalizing a person's property." Cyberstalkers frequently follow their targets around the net, frequenting in chat rooms, message boards, newsgroups or mailing lists in which the target participates. At times they will also attempt to form relationships with those who are friendly with the target in order to get more information about the target.

This is potentially an actionable offense. But if you want to protect yourself, you need to make sure that you notify the person to stop (police notice would be best), and then record each and every subsequent event - time, date, etc - all details, and keep a very organized log.

Next step though - follow up with the police - and make sure you keep your parents in the loop on all of this.
Closed Thread