Old 06-18-2006, 09:17 AM   #21
Berry One
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
I am not sure why we are having this debate when BIS 3.0 is around the corner. It's just a big corner.

What is BIS 3.0?
Old 06-18-2006, 09:50 AM   #22
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

Model: iFon4
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
For me its not a permanent archive, but there is plenty of space (even with 10 themes or so) so that for as long as I might practically need them, I can have them. When a project is done, they can go.
Got ya. You store them for whatever length of time needed to complete the project that they are associated with and then dump them. During that time you store them in folders on your berry for quick access. Could be a week, could be a year. I am not away from my desk for extended periods of time so I just file mine in Outlook. If for some reason I need an email back on the berry, I can just fwd it.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:21 AM   #23
cooperpwc

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbjr
I don't think the polled, including the integrated Yahoo accounts, are stored on the RIM Servers at all, but they may be temporarily.
On this point you are incorrect. That's not a flame; just setting the record straight.

Otherwise we have different needs. I do think however that the 30 day limitation on attachments is unfortunate and unnecessary.

ajg, my first post was tongue-in-cheek. BIS 2.0 is not for everyone but it is fantastic in what it does.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:58 AM   #24
rcbjr

Model: 8700

cooperpwc,

I think you may have just provided the answer to a question I asked when BIS 2.0 was first announced for TMO. Which was "Will attachements sent to Yahoo be available for viewing for longer than 30 days?". From your explanation, I'm thinking the answer is No. Can anybody refute or confirm this?

Thanks for your Help.
Rcbjr
Old 06-18-2006, 11:14 AM   #25
cooperpwc

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbjr
cooperpwc,

I think you may have just provided the answer to a question I asked when BIS 2.0 was first announced for TMO. Which was "Will attachements sent to Yahoo be available for viewing for longer than 30 days?". From your explanation, I'm thinking the answer is No. Can anybody refute or confirm this?

Thanks for your Help.
Rcbjr
Hi rcbjr,

I believe the answer to be on Yahoo webmail, certainly yes. But on your Blackberry, no.

I'm testing the Blackberry aspect of this now. I've sent an email with a large Word attachment to my Yahoo account. After deleting it on Yahoo webmail (and emptying the trash, logging out), I successfully opened it on my Blackberry and also forwarded it with attachment to another account.

We will see what happens after 30 days. Unfortunately I assume that my Blackberry will no longer have access to the attachment. (Edit: I've only viewed a quarter of this 74 page attachment on my Blackberry so that will ensure that we are testing what is on the RIM server.)

Anyone else have feedback?

EDIT: I've done it again (different email; different attachment), but this time I'm not deleting it on Yahoo webmail. We will see if there is any difference in Blackberry access.

Last edited by cooperpwc; 06-18-2006 at 11:28 AM..
Old 06-18-2006, 12:28 PM   #26
DallasFlier

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
For me its not a permanent archive, but there is plenty of space (even with 10 themes or so) so that for as long as I might practically need them, I can have them. When a project is done, they can go.
I can understand that, and I admit folders would be nice - for me though, its a "nice", not a "showstopper." I think it all boils down to each individual's "style" and work/life habits, as well as whether they've gotten used to the folders. For me, I just got my first Berry in January, and hadn't really gotten into the folders all THAT much, but found myself wishing for a better "presentation" of the emails I sent from BB - in particular, not wanting them to obviously be coming from "myname@cingular.blackberry.net" and a few large attachments in business emails on the same day had killed my BB inbox a couple times too, so BIS 2.0 is great for me.

Additionally, in my work I almost NEVER go more than a few hours without access to either my main PC at the (home) office, or the notebook when on the road, so my much larger, better organized archive of email is there, and before starting the day I sometimes forward one or two to the BB if I think I'll need them. Again, just a difference in styles.

BTW, thanks to you, and some of the other moderators. I became a convert quickly enough, that I decided I *needed* the 8700c, after having gotten the 7290 cheap from Cingular in January. Bought one on eBay about a month ago, used the excellent instructions I found here to wipe it when it arrived, then immediately installed Telstra from your tips and tricks doc before even inserting the SIM card, and have also gotten other invaluable info from that doc - so thanks.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:08 PM   #27
fmaglin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv
I really like the fact that I don't have a webmail panel anymore. I know some people did not want to see it go, but I really hated it being there.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who hated the webmail panel.
Closed Thread