BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
mikejersey
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Default I need advice from the best!

Please Login to Remove!

Hey everyone..I'm a new one to the blackberry world. My blackberry will arrive at my house on monday ..tmobile 7290 is what I got.

I have a gmail account and a yahoo (mail plus) account.

What advice do you have for me to set up sending yahoo and gmail emails to my blackberry..do people just forward the emails to the blackberry or are they pushed somehow where i can just reply.

Let me know as I'm new to blackberries.

thanks and if you have any information on how to set up all of this up with gmail and yahoo, let me know! thanks once again!
Old 07-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #2
taftwatson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

You can set up both accounts on the BB and get mail from both. I have 10 accounts that I've set up and get mail from all of them. The great thing is if someone sends a message to my yahoo account, I can reply to that person and it will be from my yahoo account. Another great thing is if I delete a message from my main account or any other account, it will delete it from my main account and I won't see it on my desktop.

Old 07-01-2006, 07:24 PM   #3
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

The search button will uncover the answer to almost all your questions. And by using the search button not only do you feel better about yourself, you don't have to open a reduntant thread that answers a question that many have asked.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:34 PM   #4
k40jeep
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas90guru
The search button will uncover the answer to almost all your questions. And by using the search button not only do you feel better about yourself, you don't have to open a reduntant thread that answers a question that many have asked.
way to be a dick to a noob.....
Old 07-01-2006, 08:06 PM   #5
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

Quote:
I just may quote this in the future.

-MrKyoo
Old 07-02-2006, 04:34 PM   #6
XDS
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290

Wirelessly posted (7290: BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I don't know about you guys , but on my BB it shows A different ribbon icon for each account.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:53 PM   #7
lgreenberg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
This is a great way to get yourself perma banned from the forums.

Here's a tip....

Don't like a person's thread. Don't read it. Certainly don't bother responding to it. I know it can be hard to see a question posted over and over again. But please use some self control and simply move on.

The moderators will inform posters when they have asked a question that can be answered by using the search function. Only the moderators.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:38 PM   #8
likefre
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreenberg
This is a great way to get yourself perma banned from the forums.

Here's a tip....

Don't like a person's thread. Don't read it. Certainly don't bother responding to it. I know it can be hard to see a question posted over and over again. But please use some self control and simply move on.

The moderators will inform posters when they have asked a question that can be answered by using the search function. Only the moderators.
I agree with the first part of your post. If you don't like it, dont read it!

Now, the part that "only the moderators will inform...", I don't think that's the case here in bb forums nor in any other forum community. We, as members, have the right and duty to inform new and unexperienced members how to use the search feature and if their question has in fact been answered before. It just depends the language you use to point them to the right direction. In my case, I don't like telling members to use the search feature, if I know the answer, I'll help them, but I respect if others want to emphasize the search feature which is really useful and can help any member find the answer to 90% of their questions/concerns.

Last edited by likefre; 07-02-2006 at 07:49 PM..
Old 07-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #9
lgreenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefre
I don't think that's the case here in bb forums nor in any other forum community.
Actually that it the case.

I suggest you read the rules.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:15 PM   #10
lgreenberg

BTW in case you missed it here's the thread on the rules:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1755

And the specific text I'm referring to.

Quote:
IMPORTANT

Forum Search & BlackBerry FAQ
It is encouraged use
BlackBerryForums Search to attempt to find the answer before posting. Also check the BlackBerry FAQ as well.

However, if you witness other users post redundant questions, please do not complain to them to use the Search feature. (This is a moderator's job) Instead, skip to the next thread, and let other helpful users helpfully answer the questions in the original thread. We want to make new users feel welcome and overcome their "newbieness" more quickly. All of us have asked redundant questions as a new forum users, and went on to be helpful forum members, so let's be considerate to make new users feel welcome.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:17 PM   #11
likefre

It's just common sense, I don't have to read the rules to know that.
And Frankly if the rules say that, they are wrong. For a long time it has been "tradition" to encourage or direct new members to the use of the search feature. Not only by moderators, but by other members as well, like I said, it all depends on the language you use without being disrespectful. That's not breaking the rules, that's helping a fellow forum member on how to use the search feature.
Now I tell you, if you don't like my opinion, don't read it!
BTW I did not learn this by reading any "rules", I just spend hours reading new and old posts every day/week in bbforums and other communities, I don't need to read the rules for any community, especially bbforums since I've been a posting member since november of 2005 and a "guest" reader wayyy before that
Old 07-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #12
likefre

Like I said, one thing is to complain to them, another is to politely direct them to the search feature. That's everybodys job, not just the "mods"

Last edited by likefre; 07-02-2006 at 08:21 PM..
Old 07-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #13
lgreenberg

Let that be all that's said on this issue here. If you wish to continue this off-topic discussion or argue about the rules of the forum please do so in the Site Discussion Forum which is located here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18
Old 07-02-2006, 08:23 PM   #14
likefre

You were the one that started this "off-topic" discussion. And you still have not addressed the original topic.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #15
lgreenberg

Why must you continue to argue with me? Please don't tell me how and what to post.

I'll say it as clear as I can.

Post off-topic in this thread again and earn yourself a vacation.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:34 PM   #16
likefre

Don't threaten me, I have not been disrespectful to you nor anybody in the community. I have just stated my opinion on your comments which I thought were wrong and let me remind you,your comments were posted on this same thread! so are they "off topic"?, If they are then you should be banned too!. Nevertheless, I've helped people in the past, even current mods and never had any problems. Now if you feel that I deserve to be banned just for the fact that I don't agree with you, be my guest!, This is the last I will post on this subject and banning me is just going to prove my point.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #17
lgreenberg

Congrats.

You win. I'l send you your prize.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread