Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 07:43 PM   #41
cbb77

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
The problem with this is it will run the battery down if you for say, leave it at the house or sleeping off a good drunk. The advantage of the reminder chirp is it is battery friendly. What it would do is every 3 to 5 minutes you get a single chirp that says hey, I need attention.

While this is true, if I don't answer the page, I will have bigger issues to worry about as I am on call 24x7. The battery drain will be the least of my worries.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #42
kobersteen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
I believe your answer to this will be with your pager settings. I carry a skytel for my company, I was able to log in my account on the skytel website and forward all my pages to my work email address. I then set a filter to make anything from @skytel.com a level 1 message. You have to get creative but there are many ways to get a message to your BB.

I rely to their pagers by using [email address] which I have most folks loaded as a secondary email addy.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into that...
Old 03-15-2006, 02:12 PM   #43
kobersteen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobersteen
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into that...

Metrocall/USA Mobility says 'no can do'. Rat bastards.

Old 03-30-2006, 05:56 PM   #44
btemple8

Model: 7250i
Carrier: nextel

Maybe I've missed it somewhere in this conversation, but if my main usage for paging is for a home voice mail system. The sytem will notify me by paging if someone leaves me a message at home. I have a 7520 with Nextel and run BES.
If the home voice mail system is only capable of sending "paging" notifications and the setup for the notifications only accepts a phone number (and a PIN if needed), will a notification reach me if it sends a page to 5023762262 ? I cannot put an email address in the voice mail system, only a phone number and an optional PIN. Is there a solution?
Old 03-30-2006, 08:00 PM   #45
btemple8

Model: 7250i
Carrier: nextel
Default nevermind it's sms

Nevermind. I figured out it would be SMS. But in my case it's not actually paging, it's ringing the number, so my original question is not applicable.
Thank you.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:08 AM   #46
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by btemple8
But in my case it's not actually paging, it's ringing the number, Thank you.
You saying it calls you to say you have a voicemail?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:10 PM   #47
Teledatageek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teledatageek
I've used NumericPage for about a year and it has worked very well for the most part.

I have my office voicemail system (which can't do e-mail notification yet....) call the toll free number.

I get an e-mail on my 7250 notifying me to check voicemail. I use a rule to make their e-mails Level 1.
Sadly I just received an e-mail from the NumericPage folks saying they are ceasing operations this weekend. I have viewed the posts here and I haven't found another service like it. Anyone have any other suggestions as to turning a numeric page from a voicemail system into an e-mail?

It's something I have grown to rely upon so I'm hoping to find something soon.....

Thanks!
Old 07-04-2006, 04:10 PM   #48
Teledatageek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Quote:
Sadly I just received an e-mail from the NumericPage folks saying they are ceasing operations this weekend. I have viewed the posts here and I haven't found another service like it. Anyone have any other suggestions as to turning a numeric page from a voicemail system into an e-mail?

It's something I have grown to rely upon so I'm hoping to find something soon.....

Thanks!
I don't normally answer my own posts, but I did find a solution and wanted to share....

After more digging, I disovered Pagica.com. Their service while more expensive provides the same functionality as Numericpage.com. A bit better actually since no PIN number is required, you just get your own toll free pager number that is converted to an e-mail.

Works great and I'm back in business.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:51 AM   #49
XDS
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290

Wirelessly posted (7290: BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Still "soapm"'s post has yet to be looked into .

An alternating AND customizable reminder option for notifications is greatly needed.

This "chirp" method is now second on my priority and I think you would find it would be on the priority list of most of the administration of the people who lead this forum.

Unfortunately I don't seeing A solution coming out in the near future.

Has anyone looked into if or not Notifire PRO would be capable of this "chirp" method.

I will put this at the top of my "sh[i]i[i]t list of things to look into for my BB's :P
Old 07-05-2006, 01:54 PM   #50
wuberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
I don't normally answer my own posts, but I did find a solution and wanted to share....

After more digging, I disovered Pagica.com. Their service while more expensive provides the same functionality as Numericpage.com. A bit better actually since no PIN number is required, you just get your own toll free pager number that is converted to an e-mail.

Works great and I'm back in business.
I've been using Pagica for several months now -- I found out about it via this thread -- and agree. It works great.
Closed Thread