BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 11:56 PM   #1
tregrad
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

tregrad's Avatar

Location: Tim Buck Too
Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel
Default email probs

Please Login to Remove!

I had to get a new 7520 cause the old one was dropped about 5 times too many, soooo I got the new one activated did the master reset and the whole ball of wax. now I cant get any email at all is there something i need to do or can do on line to fix this thing or does anyone have a cool Idea on how to go about it?
__________________
7520 Blackberry Nextel
Offline
Old 07-19-2006, 01:06 AM   #2
adamlau
CrackBerry Addict

adamlau's Avatar

Model: 9930
Carrier: Sprint

If using BIS, reset your BIS PIN and IMEI and resend the service books.
__________________
xxx40657;xxx33683;xxx23376;xxx25163;xxx26426;xxx31532;xxx19968;
Offline
Old 07-20-2006, 12:04 AM   #3
tregrad
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

tregrad's Avatar

Location: Tim Buck Too
Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

sounds so easy..............
think you can explain as to how to do it?
Tregrad = contractor, not phone dude.

Thanks
__________________
7520 Blackberry Nextel
Offline
Old 07-20-2006, 12:12 AM   #4
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

paulbblc's Avatar

Location: Twin Cities, MN
Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T

call your provider, have them drop the PIN and IMEI on your plan and tell them your new PIN and IMEI from the new BB. To find out your new PIN and IMEI go to options --> status. AFter that just have the provider resend your service books.

Last edited by paulbblc; 07-20-2006 at 12:28 AM..
Offline
Old 07-20-2006, 12:23 AM   #5
from_the_d
Registered User

Model: 7520

Having somewhat of a similiar problem. I was setting up my bb email and got a call. Answered the call went back to setup email and it says I have an account setup on the phone, put my chosen name and password and is saying invalid what do I have to do?
Offline
Old 07-20-2006, 12:27 AM   #6
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

paulbblc's Avatar

Location: Twin Cities, MN
Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T

Call your service provider. They will have the info.
Offline
Old 07-31-2006, 08:03 AM   #7
tregrad
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

tregrad's Avatar

Location: Tim Buck Too
Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

I called Nextel and they say there is a prob with the network or somethign like that?? bs if you ask me. I stillcant get it working. changed the pin and imei so I have no clue and am about to boot the whole freakin thing. any other ideas?
__________________
7520 Blackberry Nextel
Offline
Old 07-31-2006, 08:18 AM   #8
tregrad
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

tregrad's Avatar

Location: Tim Buck Too
Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlau
If using BIS, reset your BIS PIN and IMEI and resend the service books.

where is the service book
__________________
7520 Blackberry Nextel
Offline
Old 07-31-2006, 09:51 AM   #9
hannahkat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada
Model: 7250
Carrier: Bell

Service books are under Options - they may be in Advanced Options on your model. However, you need to resend them to your BB - in your BIS screens (where you reset the PIN and IMEI) there is an option to resend the service books - do that and wait a while for them to turn up. If you don't see any changes, you can reboot your BB by removing the battery which will usually make the unit reconnect to the network and do an systems check.
Offline
Old 08-01-2006, 08:35 AM   #10
tregrad
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

tregrad's Avatar

Location: Tim Buck Too
Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

I cant find a place on "my nextel" to resend service books. can you get specific for me on where it is please? and thanks for teh help.
__________________
7520 Blackberry Nextel
Offline
Old 08-01-2006, 08:59 AM   #11
kurrupt_1
CrackBerry Addict

kurrupt_1's Avatar

Location: SoCal
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.979
PIN: 2159FC90
Carrier: T-Mobile

How about this email problem.........
When I get an alert from CNET or something I get this message with an attachment that I can not open...
Old 08-01-2006, 02:33 PM   #12
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

check your Gmail settings - looks liek a forwarding rule that's set up for a non-exisitent address
Offline
Old 08-01-2006, 04:31 PM   #13
kurrupt_1
CrackBerry Addict

kurrupt_1's Avatar

Location: SoCal
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.979
PIN: 2159FC90
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERDucky
check your Gmail settings - looks liek a forwarding rule that's set up for a non-exisitent address
That's exactly what is was!

Kudo's to you! Thankx!
Offline
Old 08-01-2006, 10:37 PM   #14
mister.zero
Thumbs Must Hurt

mister.zero's Avatar

Location: Red Stick
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.280
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by tregrad
I cant find a place on "my nextel" to resend service books. can you get specific for me on where it is please? and thanks for teh help.
Ignoring that small bit of thread hijacking...

You should be able to go to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=nextel and login to resend your service books. If you've never set up your BIS service with your new phone's PIN, you can do that here as well, and that might just solve your problems.

Good Luck
Offline
Old 08-02-2006, 04:23 AM   #15
tregrad
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

tregrad's Avatar

Location: Tim Buck Too
Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

ok, I go to that link and type in my username and ID......nuttin honey
I try to "get password".......nuttin honey
I try to create new account and it says "that user name already exists"

I know it exists ITS FREKIN MINE YOU DOOFUS!!!!!!!

so, any way how do i find "my" account that "they" cant send to me because "I" have already created an account with MY!!! username that "they" cant seem to find but "my" acount seems to be in there anyway.
NEXTEL|......DONE, gone out to lunch

thanks for the help zero
and Kurrupt, please make your own thread next time so my questions and their answers dont get all jacked up, I have a hard enough time as it is, Thanks.
__________________
7520 Blackberry Nextel
Offline
Old 08-02-2006, 04:43 AM   #16
tregrad
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

tregrad's Avatar

Location: Tim Buck Too
Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

I found out why (I think) I cant get my info. when i created my account I used an email that is no longer working, I moved and hade to change service so that old email doesent work. so now what do i need to do how can i change the email on the account?
__________________
7520 Blackberry Nextel
Offline
Old 08-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #17
mister.zero
Thumbs Must Hurt

mister.zero's Avatar

Location: Red Stick
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.280
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by tregrad
I found out why (I think) I cant get my info. when i created my account I used an email that is no longer working, I moved and hade to change service so that old email doesent work. so now what do i need to do how can i change the email on the account?
Sorry to say it, but it looks like only Nextel can help you now. You can ask them to delete the account so that you can re-create it. Of course, they may be able to just reset the password for you, but that sounds too easy.

Clear your calendar, grab a sedative of your choice and listen to the hold music.
Offline
Old 08-03-2006, 04:40 AM   #18
tregrad
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

tregrad's Avatar

Location: Tim Buck Too
Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

Yeah your probably right, my life is in the hands of Nextel.......pray for me.
if Im not back in 10 minutes, Release the hounds!!
__________________
7520 Blackberry Nextel
Offline
Old 08-03-2006, 03:28 PM   #19
tregrad
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

tregrad's Avatar

Location: Tim Buck Too
Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

apparantly they sent me a refurbished phone and never cleared the old info off of it. Im on hold with coughcough "technical support" all the way up to tear 3 LOL
__________________
7520 Blackberry Nextel
Offline
Old 08-03-2006, 05:25 PM   #20
mister.zero
Thumbs Must Hurt

mister.zero's Avatar

Location: Red Stick
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.280
Carrier: Sprint

I guess quality control is a lost art, and that "refurbishing" doesn't sound terribly thorough.

I'm glad you found the solution (assuming they've offered you one, that is).
Offline
Closed Thread