BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 06:21 AM   #1
Andre87

Model: 7760
Default Lotus Notes personal folders

Please Login to Remove!

Hello. How can I setup the BB to also receive emails I have in my lotus notes personal folders? Thanks for advice.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:01 AM   #2
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT

What version of Notes do you have? I'm not sure what "personal folders" are. Is this older saved mail? Also are you using Desktop Redirector or does your company have a BES server (BlackBerry Enterprise Server)?
Old 06-13-2006, 09:02 AM   #3
Andre87

Model: 7760

Notes 6.5
We use BES
Black berry desktop software 4.0
Personal folders are on the same mail file (nsf) but is a folder structure the user did create himself beside the default inbox where all the new emails arrive. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:18 AM   #4
Rajhi

Model: 7290

I have the same problem.
BES 4.0 Lotus Notes 6.5.3 the content Notes folders does not replicate to the handheld. The folders are created on the handheld, but they are empty, the documents does not appear on the handheld.
Can anyone help, please?
Old 08-08-2006, 04:49 AM   #5
Blartman

Model: 8707v
Carrier: Vodafone

Filters? Folder synchronisation?

Under Intellisync advanced, you need to specify which folders you want to direct. The folder name will always be created, but the information is only synched when you have the right folders selected for redirection.

The filters will still affect the folder redirection as well. So even if you have the right folder checked, the filters may stop mail from being synched.

Last edited by Blartman; 08-08-2006 at 05:22 AM..
Old 08-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #6
chedardog
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T
Default Personal Folders

Do you mean "yellow" public folders in your Lotus Notes mail file or "grey" private/personal folders that appear at the bottom of your folder hierarchy.

Because the folder is Private (only your user id can see it), the BES process "spying" on your mailbox can't get in to see what is there.

Recreate the folder as public and you should be all set.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:33 AM   #7
Rajhi

I mean the yellow public folders. The folders are replicated to the handheld (BlackBerry 7290), but the content is not. The folders has the newest folder design.
Wich system filters should I check? I hasn't found ones where I could set this.

Last edited by Rajhi; 08-09-2006 at 02:35 AM..
Old 08-09-2006, 07:11 AM   #8
ssymes

Model: 9530
PIN: stripe suit
Carrier: VZW
Default normal behavior

From the sound of things, this is normal behavior.

As a new user, you will see your folder list appear on the handheld, but the content of those folders does not come down to the handheld. Only new mail delivered to your inbox (and any amount of mail your BES admin set for pre-population) will appear on the handheld.

Try sending yourself a piece of test mail, file it into a Notes folder on the Notes side, and it should get filed into a folder on the handheld side. (You'll know it has been filed because the icon next to the message will change.)
Old 08-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #9
Howie_J

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Give this a try. You need to turn it on from the handheld.

Go to mail/options/email settings/menu/folder redirection

Select all your folder from here. Typically the inbox folder is the only default folder that gets selected.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:58 AM   #10
Rajhi

Thanks SSymes and Howie_J, this helped.

Now I have an other problem. There are 25 BB users, all of them with the same environment (Domino 6.5.3, Notes 6.5.3, BB 7290). For 24 of them everything works fine. For the last one the Lotus Notes folders are not replicated to the handheld. He receives the messages to the public mail folder on the handheld, but none of his folders are replicated to the BB. I removed him with the erase data end disable handheld option, deleted from the BlackBerry User Profile database, and deleted his profile datase. After adding the user to the BB I found that 5 of his 70 folders were replicated to the handheld. I've did this once again, and this time none of his folders appeared on the handheld.
Any idea is appreciated.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:22 PM   #11
silver_2000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajhi
Thanks SSymes and Howie_J, this helped.

Now I have an other problem. There are 25 BB users, all of them with the same environment (Domino 6.5.3, Notes 6.5.3, BB 7290). For 24 of them everything works fine. For the last one the Lotus Notes folders are not replicated to the handheld. He receives the messages to the public mail folder on the handheld, but none of his folders are replicated to the BB. I removed him with the erase data end disable handheld option, deleted from the BlackBerry User Profile database, and deleted his profile datase. After adding the user to the BB I found that 5 of his 70 folders were replicated to the handheld. I've did this once again, and this time none of his folders appeared on the handheld.
Any idea is appreciated.
Turn off Wireless email reconciliation then open the State database for the user and look at the folder list - you will likely only see $inbox

Try deleting that folder from the mail folders view in the state database - and then turn wireless sync back on on the handheld - you shoudl see the State database populate with the users folders

If not there are issues with the mail file
Closed Thread