BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 11:28 PM   #1
bob_az
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default Help with 8700g and Gmail NEEDED!!!

Please Login to Remove!

Hello! This is my first time here and I am a blackberry newbie so please be patient. I have been trying to set up through tmobile.com BIS my email (I use gmail). I was able to do my work server easily, but am now having issues with Gmail. I set it up just fine, and each time I received messages all was good. But whenever I log into my Gmail from my computer (accessing via gmail.com website) and send a message to someone, it copies the message to my blackberry! i don't know how to get it to stop, and this is annoying. has anyone experienced similar problems or know how to fix it? also, i heard that you can sync your google calendar with a program called gcal or companionlink...anyone know if these are legit?

also, my work doesn't have an microsoft exchange server (we're small so we just have outlook that uses POP to download our mail from our server), and i get confused on how to 'sync' my outlook with my blackberry. i loaded this blackberry desktop software but it's not very helpful and doesn't lend us amateurs any guidance.

i greatly appreciate any and all help! thank you!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:58 PM   #2
option94
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 21BFC0A1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted (Cingular 7130c: BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Gmail:
Set a filter in you BIS to not receive email from your gmail account.

Gcal:

I've never been snle to get it to work, but others have. Give it a try.

Outlook:

Plug in the berry to the USB and run intelisync. It will sync you calendar, contacts, notes, and tasks.
Closed Thread