Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
Milkman
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint
Default Searching...

Please Login to Remove!

So we all know how people should be SEARCHING before POSTING. I am one of those people that FIRMLY believe in that policy, and it just simply pisses me off to see people asking questions about the same thing that has been posted a million times (Can I make my ringing louder? How do I download ringtones? etc.).

Anyway now that I am off my soap box, I am one that really REALLY believes in searching, and sometimes I get incorrect responses because my search terms weren't good enough. So I add or change the search words, and there is like a 30 second (or so) limit on search retries. This makes it quite un-fun when having to change your search words 2 or 3 times.

Just a suggestion, if it is something you can change, and isn't hard coded (which I can't imagine it is).
Old 09-08-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
jonberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 950
Carrier: T-Mobile

I agree; 30 seconds is a bit long but it may have be done because of server load.

Also, it seems like it has become a lot more difficult to obtain relevant search results lately; maybe because of the shear amount of posts.

Jon
Closed Thread