BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 09-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #21
matthewk24
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

The thing about the corners not sticking is the reason you are supposed to leave the device alone for 24 hours.

In this 24 hours the corners somehow stick as well as the bubbles seem to magically disappear.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:28 AM   #22
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi
My only concern is with the back pieces that cover the sections directly to the left and right of the battery door (you can see the right one in the next to the last photo in Seattle18's review). These pieces taper down to a very narrow point which looks like it could easily begin to peel up after time and wear. Guess I'll find out in the long run as I haven't heard on anyone having this problem so far.
Hmm, sure enough, these points are peeling up. Not too bad but I'm sure it will get worse over time.
I wonder if the official word from Shield Zone is "don't holster your Blackberry if you have an Invisibile Shield"?
Old 09-13-2006, 11:27 AM   #23
BBAdmin
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: .
Carrier: .

That certainly looks like a good protector. Being full body I'd be interested to see how it survives over time.

Old 09-14-2006, 12:33 PM   #24
sasquatch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle18
They are the same material.
Yeah, I know they're the same material.
But for some reason, I found that the adhesive sticks more firmly and quickly with BestSkinsEver. The InvisibleShield pieces (for me) did not stick to the device as easily as the BestSkinEver did. Just my own experience.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:15 AM   #25
pspiegel
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

anyone know if these or any other shields will fit the 8703e?
Old 09-18-2006, 04:29 AM   #26
BlissX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch
For my money I prefer the Best Skins Ever to the Invisible SHield. I found Best Skins Ever to be not only cheaper (albeit without a warrantee like Invisible Shield), but much easier to apply than the invisible shield. I got too frustrated trying to apply the invisible shield, even when liberally using the spray they provided. The corner pieces just wouldnt stick, so I abandoned the effort after a couple of hours, and waited for my Best Skins Ever to arrive. Much better luck with the application of those.
Go watch the instructional video on how to get the corners done. Spraying it alot only made it worse.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:15 PM   #27
sasquatch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissX
Go watch the instructional video on how to get the corners done. Spraying it alot only made it worse.
Yeah, I watched the video:
ShieldZone - Home of the iPod Screen Protector: Installation
It didnt mention what to do about corners? Maybe I saw the wrong video. But the only two installation videos I saw on their site were for the iPod and PDAs. I watched the one for the PDAs before I purchased it. I really just covered how to apply it to the screen of a device.

Is there another video up on their site which covers how to do a full body installation?
Old 09-18-2006, 05:49 PM   #28
Knocka
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Another great thing about Invisible Shields: They give the device a tacky feel, instead of the slipperiness of the plastic. I think it feels much better in your hand and makes it much less likely that you will drop your BB.

Invisible Shield's are a must have. I told a friend to get one, and he described it, aptly, as a condom for the BB. Protection you can't live without.

Knocka
Old 09-19-2006, 02:17 AM   #29
BlissX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch
Yeah, I watched the video:
ShieldZone - Home of the iPod Screen Protector: Installation
It didnt mention what to do about corners? Maybe I saw the wrong video. But the only two installation videos I saw on their site were for the iPod and PDAs. I watched the one for the PDAs before I purchased it. I really just covered how to apply it to the screen of a device.

Is there another video up on their site which covers how to do a full body installation?
I'm basing it off the iPod video.

In order to get the corners, let the unit sit for a minute or two to let the solution to dry up a bit, this will allow the vinyl to be a bit sticky, making it easier to stick onto the corners/sides. Use the palm of your hand if you must mold the vinyl (via body heat) to get a good smooth curve.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:04 AM   #30
InPocket
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspiegel
anyone know if these or any other shields will fit the 8703e?
i dont see why not. same dimensions as the 8700g