BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 01:38 PM   #61
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

And if you see the history, T-Mo brings all the SureTypes first and Cingular brings all the QWERYT ones so it looks like 8800 will be from Cingular and May be Vodaphone in EU.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:50 AM   #62
trompi

Model: 8700
Carrier: cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Genius
Hmmm...well it is really looking like it wont have a camera, and we will have to wait for the next model after the 8800 to have a QWERTY keyboard with camera. Looks like RIM is aiming for an April '07 release for the 8800
Yes, no camera,8700 form factor but half thick,two versions one wifi one without.And yes,on the wifi ones you can do VOIP, just like with the 7270.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:01 AM   #63
SAVAGE WAYZ
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mo

Niiiiiiiiceeee.....Im loving the 8100, but im excited about the 8800....Haven't had a full QWERTY since the SK2
Old 09-15-2006, 02:15 AM   #64
KlarUlz

Model: 7100t

Hmm... they will have one version w/ a cam, one without. I heard Dec/Jan release.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:30 AM   #65
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlarUlz
Hmm... they will have one version w/ a cam, one without. I heard Dec/Jan release.
Uh...source? That's not what BG and other insiders have been saying.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:36 AM   #66
jungleland

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

what a clown the BG is...He says, "like how I have your stock above $80"..Clearly he is not in the finance business, RIMM has traded WITH the Nasdaq, it is not under performing nor out performing. Overlay the charts of the two and you will see that they are trading in line with each other....

Get over yourself sir....
Old 09-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #67
Bigmark173

Model: 8830
Carrier: Alltel
Smile

Blackberry...QWERTY, Camera....mini SD...sounds almost too good to be true!
Old 09-16-2006, 11:49 AM   #68
K-Mack
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
what a clown the BG is...He says, "like how I have your stock above $80"..Clearly he is not in the finance business, RIMM has traded WITH the Nasdaq, it is not under performing nor out performing. Overlay the charts of the two and you will see that they are trading in line with each other....

Get over yourself sir....
Hey, just chill a little. BG doesn't have to do what he does. There's a lot of guys (like me) who are interested in what he has to say, and it's usually correct. Is he a little arrogant?, maybe, but he's given us a lot of good info and I certainly appreciate it.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:24 PM   #69
KlarUlz

Model: 7100t

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrogers
Uh...source? That's not what BG and other insiders have been saying.
I'd really prefer to keep my job, thanks ;) BG is generally extremely accurate, but if he saw the version w/o a camera, it would be easy to assume that they just were not putting one in.

Of course logically, maybe i saw a test device WITH one, and it was decided against? I dont know, just wondering out loud..
Old 09-16-2006, 01:47 PM   #70
jungleland

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Mack
Hey, just chill a little. BG doesn't have to do what he does. There's a lot of guys (like me) who are interested in what he has to say, and it's usually correct. Is he a little arrogant?, maybe, but he's given us a lot of good info and I certainly appreciate it.

I agree...Don't get me wrong, I love his information and the fact the he shares it with us. However, the hubris of this guy (boy) to think that he is the one effecting the stock price and increasing the beta in the options market of this particular security is hysterical. I have managed a substantial hedge fund for almost ten years; so his comments about his influence on the market of this security is more ridiculous to me than it would be to most.

just my .02..

keep the change
Old 09-16-2006, 05:05 PM   #71
ncabbyt

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie
I would have to say that WiFi plays into T-Mobile's business model the best. I can see them creating a new BIS plan that has unlimited access to their Hot Spots. This alone would be a good reason to make T-Mobile the launch provider for the 8800. Another reason to have WiFi is streaming video (one way video conferencing, you can see them but they can only hear you) and a way to offer speedy data connections until T-Mobile can get a solid 3G solution in place.
UMA.... Maybe not on the 8800.... but soon.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:50 PM   #72
Boy Genius
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: FFFFFFF

Quote:
I agree...Don't get me wrong, I love his information and the fact the he shares it with us. However, the hubris of this guy (boy) to think that he is the one effecting the stock price and increasing the beta in the options market of this particular security is hysterical. I have managed a substantial hedge fund for almost ten years; so his comments about his influence on the market of this security is more ridiculous to me than it would be to most.

just my .02..

keep the change
Your kidding me right? First off you would be affecting something, not effecting something. Lets see product leaks by...ME influencing the stock price, sound unreasonable? http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...Story/Business . Time for a new job smart guy

The Boy Genius Report
Old 09-16-2006, 08:54 PM   #73
jungleland

Quote:
Your kidding me right? First off you would be affecting something, not effecting something. Lets see product leaks by...ME influencing the stock price, sound unreasonable? globeandmail.com : Register . Time for a new job smart guy

I appreciate the grammar lesson, however I graduated near the top of my class from the NYU Stern School of Business and received an MBA from the Wharton School, dyslexia not withstanding. Perhaps you should do a little reading. Might I suggest a dictionary for starters, that might advise you as to the proper usage for effect and affect. As for my job, an average of 45bps a week from my fund for the last 3 years makes me think that I DON'T need to be looking for a new "JOB". If you were to learn a little more about the English language and proper word usage, you would know that I would not be looking for a new "JOB", I would be looking for a new career... be that as it may, I think I am doing just fine...Run-on sentences and all.

No bad feelings towards you, just don't get such a big head, it will take more than you to influence the stock price. Additionally, the information you have been "LEAKING" has been known for quite some time by insiders, just not to the level that you have been so kind to share. Allusions as to the coming products were made early in the first quarter of this year by several analysts I have met with that cover the stock. I assure you, they know FAR more than you, unfortunately they have shackles on them with respect to how much info they can divulge.

Keep the good stuff coming, just take a blue pill first...

Cheers...

(pardon my rambling, 4 scotches down the hatch)
Old 09-16-2006, 10:28 PM   #74
thought
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
With all due respect, RIMM has significantly outperformed the NASDAQ since rumors of the Pearl began to leak...
Here's a link to a 3 mos. chart of RIM vs the NASDAQ as you suggest:
RIMM: Basic Chart for RESEARCH IN MOTION - Yahoo! Finance

I did a search on engadgetmobile.com and found that the first real leak of details and a picture of the 8100 came out on August 6.

On August 7 RIMM traded at 66.13 per share; on Sept 15 RIMM traded at 85.27. That's a gain of 29.94%.
On Aug 7 the NASDAQ closed at 2,072.50; on Sept. 15 the NASDAQ closed at 2,235.59. That's a gain of 7.87%.

The Wall Street Journal on Sept 7 reported "at Wednesday's close (9/6), RIM shares had surged 21% since the end of July, largely on speculation about the Pearl.” Here's the link (subscription required):
WSJ.com - Login

Clearly, for whatever reasons you want to believe, RIMM has outperformed the NASDAQ since the rumors hit. The Wall Street Journal, among others, believes that it is largely due to the leaked info on the Pearl. Now, BG may not be the only one responsible for those rumors, but he was certainly a major driver.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:19 PM   #75
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Quote:
Your kidding me right? First off you would be affecting something, not effecting something....
Hey BG, I love ya man, but...it's "You're kidding me...", not "Your kidding me...". It looks pretty funny, someone giving grammar lessons while in the same breath they make a grammatical mistake.

Be that as it may, can everyone deflate their egos a little? Take the stock speculation somewhere else if you want to continue that discussion (this thread's for the 8800). BG...might want to give the guy a break, there's always the off chance that someone might actually know what they're talking about. Remember, just about everyone's an expert in something. But Jungleland, spouting your educational repertoire and financial performance during an online forum spat doesn't look nearly as dignified as you had probably hoped, I think. I offer this as friendly advice from someone who's been using online "forums" of one type or another since pretty much the only option was newsgroups: just telling people online that you're smart and successful never works.

Let's all be friends. Back to the 8800.

Ever since I started reading about this UMA thing with T-Mobile I've been very excited about it. Theoretically, any device with Wifi, GSM, and the right software could do it, right? Or is there a special hardware component? That would be great if the 8800 would do UMA -- of course it would be greater if Cingular would do UMA, but that just might be enough to get me to switch to T-Mobile.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:23 AM   #76
Boy Genius
CrackBerry Addict

That's fine, move forward and get back to the topic, but if he was the one going out on a limb leaking all this info I would give him a pat on the back, I don't think I have a big ego, I know what is factual and how the stock has rised based upon my leaks and articles.

The Boy Genius Report
Old 09-17-2006, 12:30 AM   #77
Boy Genius
CrackBerry Addict

I don't believe cingular will be implementing UMA soon there is no reason to. T-Mobile already has the WiFi infrastructure and this is an expansion of to your home, your router etc. The other reason is that T-Mobile's coverage is lacking compared to cingular and they feel this will sell more phones now that people will not complain about coverage at home. About your other point UMA is theoretically another "network" like GSM, Bluetooth etc, although I don't believe it is hardware dependant, WiFi with the right software might work

The Boy Genius Report
Old 09-17-2006, 08:17 AM   #78
MedVP

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Has anyone else heard that T-Mo. will not have any more Qwerty phones? Read this on blackberycool or bbhub. Stated at the end of the year the 8700 will be out the door. Hope this is not true. Anyone else heard of this?
Old 09-17-2006, 08:57 AM   #79
ndirish2001
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedVP
Has anyone else heard that T-Mo. will not have any more Qwerty phones? Read this on blackberycool or bbhub. Stated at the end of the year the 8700 will be out the door. Hope this is not true. Anyone else heard of this?
I saw that and I don't believe it for a second. It makes no sense whatsoever. The source was a T-Mobile retail employee who I'm sure is very confused.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:32 AM   #80
jungleland

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought
With all due respect, RIMM has significantly outperformed the NASDAQ since rumors of the Pearl began to leak...
Here's a link to a 3 mos. chart of RIM vs the NASDAQ as you suggest:
RIMM: Basic Chart for RESEARCH IN MOTION - Yahoo! Finance

I did a search on engadgetmobile.com and found that the first real leak of details and a picture of the 8100 came out on August 6.

On August 7 RIMM traded at 66.13 per share; on Sept 15 RIMM traded at 85.27. That's a gain of 29.94%.
On Aug 7 the NASDAQ closed at 2,072.50; on Sept. 15 the NASDAQ closed at 2,235.59. That's a gain of 7.87%.

The Wall Street Journal on Sept 7 reported "at Wednesday's close (9/6), RIM shares had surged 21% since the end of July, largely on speculation about the Pearl.” Here's the link (subscription required):
WSJ.com - Login

Clearly, for whatever reasons you want to believe, RIMM has outperformed the NASDAQ since the rumors hit. The Wall Street Journal, among others, believes that it is largely due to the leaked info on the Pearl. Now, BG may not be the only one responsible for those rumors, but he was certainly a major driver.

After this, I will leave it alone. Statistically, RIMM, and many other market leading technology stocks, greatly outperform the nasdaq during market up moves and under perform the market on down moves. Percentages are really not relevant here as most time the nasdaq moves one percent, RIMM, GOOG, SNDK and others move 2, 3, and sometimes four times that... So again, RIMM has not done something that it has not done previously during a market up move.

That's all...
Closed Thread