BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 03:47 AM   #1
rookie93

Model: 8700g
Default BES & BIS mail on same handheld - how to separate?

Please Login to Remove!

BES (work) mail working fine on handheld & decided to install BIS (through Orange in the UK) last night to access my "home" POP email account.

Handheld has now set-up another mail icon for me on menu screen which is picking up these mails fine.

However..... "home" mails are also going into my normal "work" inbox on my handheld.

Is there anyway that I can just get these "home" mails to go to the new inbox that my handheld has set up for me - so I can keep "work" and "home" completely separate?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Old 09-14-2006, 04:00 AM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

No; the Messages folder will always contain all incoming e-mail for all accounts, and there is no way to set up a BES-only folder.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:38 AM   #3
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

You can try this while in Messages: click the trackwheel, choose View Folder, and from there you can select your BES inbox. I don't really use BIS so I can't test this out to see if it really excludes BIS mail.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #4
rookie93

Model: 8700g

Thanks guys - did a little more searching during the day & I can see this a common issue. Looks like I'll have to persevere.

Thanks for your time
Old 09-16-2006, 11:55 PM   #5
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT

Try a custom "search" from within your messages folder. It works for me!
Old 09-17-2006, 06:42 AM   #6
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie93
BES (work) mail working fine on handheld & decided to install BIS (through Orange in the UK) last night to access my "home" POP email account.

Handheld has now set-up another mail icon for me on menu screen which is picking up these mails fine.

However..... "home" mails are also going into my normal "work" inbox on my handheld.

Is there anyway that I can just get these "home" mails to go to the new inbox that my handheld has set up for me - so I can keep "work" and "home" completely separate?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Aroc has the right idea, and here's how I have it set up.

From the Messages list, click the wheel and select Search. Scroll down to Services, hit [Alt], and select Desktop. Click the wheel and select Save. In the Title field enter something descriptive like "BES Email", then scroll down to the Shortcut Key field and assign it an [Alt] key combination (like B). Click the wheel and select Save.

Now, when you're in Messages, you can simply hit [Alt]b and after it finishes searching, only BES email will be on the list.

Yea, we all know this is lame compared to having an icon like the rest of your email, but it's as good as it gets for now!

Old 09-20-2006, 07:08 AM   #7
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT

I do what JerryD does, except that I assigned it the key ALT+Z ( +Z). That way I press the ALT key with my thumb, then roll it over onto the Z for one finger access. Be sure to save the search with a descriptive title like JerryD suggests. Of course you can cancel the search with the ESC button.

Like JerryD concludes this is unfortunately the best we can do (short of buying TWO handhelds and buying BIS service for just it. My best suggestion is to drop a line to [email address] and let them know how you feel. I do all of the time (BIS or BES or handheld-related) when I find something I don't like.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:16 PM   #8
bobsurunk

Model: 8700c

I am having the same problem on an 8700c, one BES account and two personal pop accounts going to the mail folder. I also have two icons on main screen for each pop account. Does this mean the BES admins at work can 'see' my personal emails?
Old 09-25-2006, 01:17 AM   #9
mark.hogan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: tmobile

I have a filter for each account, they work fine.