Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 07:46 PM   #1
wblovett
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Carrier: T-Mo
Default Attachments Won't Open After Rogers OS Upgrade

Please Login to Remove!

I downloaded and installed on my TMO Pearl the Rogers software. Everything works great except, I can't open PDF, DOC, or JPEG attachments. I'm not sure whether I had this problem before the upgrade, but, nonetheless, it's bothersome. Has anyone else had problems with attachments?

BTW - switched to Pearl from 8700g. LOVE the Pearl. Trackball is very nice. (Adjust the sensitivity to 60/60 and the ringer-mute problem is solved.) Suretype is greatly improved and almost never gets the letter choice wrong. The battery lasts almost as long as the 8700's. The size is phenomenal. I added the invisishield full-body cover to protect it from scratches, and egrips to make it stay where I put it. I LOVE the Pearl.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:39 PM   #2
jrdul6748
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

From what I've learned, a fellow poster on this site sent me the Kill Bill Whistle (sorry for not remembering who you are!) to my BlackBerry e-mail and pointed out how I couldn't download attachments from an e-mail straight to my Pearl. Instead, I had to forward that to my "internet" e-mail and load it via USB/Bluetooth. Hope this helps!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:42 PM   #3
jrdul6748
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

BTW, where did you get these so-called "egrips?" And also, did you get the "InvisibleSHIELD" (the one with the "pen test)? If so, I'd love to see a picture of your Pearl, as I am interested in trying to protect my new so-called "life in the palm of my hand." Sheesh, as a first-time BlackBerry user, I now know why they refer to it as "Crack."

P.S. Lets Go Mets! 1-0, baby!
Old 10-05-2006, 06:30 AM   #4
wblovett
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Carrier: T-Mo

eGrips hasn't yet released a Pearl-specific pad, but the first two eGrips at the top of the "Universal" page fit it nicely. Go to www dot egrips dot com. As for the invisibleshield (sorry for the misspelling in my original post), it truly is invisible and tough as steel. I have the one that covers the entire phone (well, not the keyboard, obviously). You can't see it in photos and only know it's there because you can feel the edges with your hand. I recommend it and the eGrip.
Closed Thread