BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 06:48 AM   #1
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000
Default Battery Cover

Please Login to Remove!

I have had the pearl for about a week and yesterday the battery cover started to pop off by itself. I am afraid in a week or two more that i will lose it altogeither. I am going to go to the store where i bought it and see if i can get the phone replaced.

Don't get me wrong, i love the 8100, but never had this issue with any other bb, especially the 7100.

Replacing it will also get rid of the scratches i made listening to noobs on here about ripping the logo off.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:32 AM   #2
icepulse
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100T
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by krad
Replacing it will also get rid of the scratches i made listening to noobs on here about ripping the logo off.
The "noob" is the one who blindly followed the herd, then screwed up the process. That's you.

The guys who successfully pulled it of are the pioneers. I did it without a scratch on the phone.

I would be embarrassed to author a post like yours.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:54 AM   #3
krad
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepulse
The "noob" is the one who blindly followed the herd, then screwed up the process. That's you.

The guys who successfully pulled it of are the pioneers. I did it without a scratch on the phone.

I would be embarrassed to author a post like yours.
you may not have a scratch on your 8100... but it sure as hell isn't shiny underneath like the rest of the phone....

Yes i say noob.... instead of telling the truth and saying that the phone is dull after you wipe away the logo, noobs say it is the greatest thing to do.. If they would have said the shine was gone with the logo, I for one would not have done it.

I am glad you would be embarrased with my post. People like you are the reason why i stopped themeing for the blackberry in the first place.

Anyway........

Back to the cover... anyone else have this issue?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:08 AM   #4
icepulse
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100T
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
you may not have a scratch on your 8100... but it sure as hell isn't shiny underneath like the rest of the phone....

Yes i say noob.... instead of telling the truth and saying that the phone is dull after you wipe away the logo, noobs say it is the greatest thing to do.. If they would have said the shine was gone with the logo, I for one would not have done it.
Mine was as shiny as a new penny.

It's a bad idea, anyway. If you need to return the phone for any reason, you may get a hassle from T-Mo for not returning a "branded" phone. So I was not really thinking either. I just wouldn't start slinging the term "noob" around. I made the choice, I have to face any possible consequences.

How, exactly, does this make anyone a "noob", anyway? What an idiotic term. Even when used correctly!!
Old 10-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #5
Tenaciousc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

Quote:

It's a bad idea, anyway. If you need to return the phone for any reason, you may get a hassle from T-Mo for not returning a "branded" phone. So I was not really thinking either. I just wouldn't start slinging the term "noob" around. I made the choice, I have to face any possible consequences.

How, exactly, does this make anyone a "noob", anyway? What an idiotic term. Even when used correctly!!
promobility.net/html/blackberryparts.shtml
Old 10-11-2006, 09:04 AM   #6
krad
No longer Registered.

Quote:

mine is not scratched at all.. it just looks like the logo rubbed or worn away after use.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:39 PM   #7
krad
No longer Registered.

I have gone to the tmobile store and replaced the phone for free. I now have the wonderful ly beautiful tmobile logo on the bottom of the phone. I am so happy i could kiss it!

The battery cover is also loose on this one. Must be a design flaw... I think i will order one of those condoms for the phone... that rubber case that kinda goes around it so i dont' loose the battery cover....

I am to lazy to open the phone and fix the sprint on the silver release button.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:52 PM   #8
Tenaciousc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
I have gone to the tmobile store and replaced the phone for free. I now have the wonderful ly beautiful tmobile logo on the bottom of the phone. I am so happy i could kiss it!

The battery cover is also loose on this one. Must be a design flaw... I think i will order one of those condoms for the phone... that rubber case that kinda goes around it so i dont' loose the battery cover....

I am to lazy to open the phone and fix the sprint on the silver release button.
I am interested in what you said, to warrant a replacement.