BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 03:10 PM   #1
rxbracho

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Default Cannot move my address book!

Please Login to Remove!

I have a brand new 8100 and I was able to synchronize my calendar, task list, and memo pad to the device (from my PC), but cannot sync my address book. The Intellisync software simply gives up saying that "it cannot write to the device." I'm pretty familiar with Intellisync and I set it up to sync my address book of Outlook Express. Has anyone experienced this? If I can't sync my address book, I'll have to go back to my Treo
Old 10-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #2
Tenaciousc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxbracho
I have a brand new 8100 and I was able to synchronize my calendar, task list, and memo pad to the device (from my PC), but cannot sync my address book. The Intellisync software simply gives up saying that "it cannot write to the device." I'm pretty familiar with Intellisync and I set it up to sync my address book of Outlook Express. Has anyone experienced this? If I can't sync my address book, I'll have to go back to my Treo

export your current address book, delete it. Then import it again and try again.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
rxbracho

I assume you mean export it from Outlook Express. I tried that and it's not letting me export because "there is not a default mail client that is Outlook." Now, I can go through the gyrations of getting Outlook be the default mail client, but I'd rather not mess with that. Do you (or anyone else) know that this will fix the problem, i.e., have you experienced the situation and doing the export/delete/import fixed it? (It has been synchronizing perfectly up to now with my Treo 650, using Intellisync as well.)

Thanks in advance to all!
Old 10-12-2006, 03:37 PM   #4
Tenaciousc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxbracho
Now, I can go through the gyrations of getting Outlook be the default mail client, but I'd rather not mess with that.
Right, because 3 clicks is to much to mess with.

What mail program are you using to sync with your treo now? The palm desktop software?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:42 PM   #5
rxbracho

No, Intellisync. I use Outlook for calendar, memo and task lists, but use Outlook Express for address book (and mail handler). I thus bought Intellisync and have been using it to sync my laptop and my Treo.

BTW, it's not the 3 clicks, it's that making Outlook my default mail handler may route (in the meantime) mail to that awful program; which I can prevent, I know, but it's more than just 3 clicks.

Thanks for helping me!
Closed Thread