BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 07:39 PM   #1
Sophist
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon
Default Bug with Pearl volume indicator?

Please Login to Remove!

I tried searching for this and could not find it discussed elsewhere (please direct me to the appropriate thread if it has). I noticed recently that during a call, pressing the up/down volume buttons on the side of the Pearl does not result in the on-screen volume indicator (upper right corner) to slide up or down. The actual audible volume increases and decreases, but the on-screen indicator does not change with it and seems to always stay in the "middle" position.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it a bug with the OS?

Another issue: I, too, have the 3-5 second delay when someone calls me, but even more annoying is that each time I receive a phone call, at about exactly the same interval (8 seconds from when I press the answer key) I've been told that my voice cuts out for a second or two and then comes back. I've verified this with several different people who are calling me from different carriers, and each has noticed the same issue.

I purchased the Pearl at full retail from a T-Mo store and had it unlocked for use with Cingular. Given these issues, I'm debating whether to just keep the phone or return it and wait for Cingular's version if, by the time there is a OS update for the T-Mo version, Cingular will have released theirs by then.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:49 PM   #2
MythmbHurts
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100

Yes if you looked around a little more all those issues you are having are with T-mobile 4.2.0.41 OS they are fixed with the rogers OS upgrade... although I never had a problem with the volume slider not moving while on a call it always seemed to work fine. I have mine set at 100% since the volume is so low to start with and I live in NYC where its always loud no matter where you are.
BB 8100 4.2.0.69
Old 10-15-2006, 07:58 PM   #3
Sophist

I actually did read and find that the Rogers OS resolved the issue with the 3-5 second call delay, but I didn't see anything about the volume slider.

I'm a bit hesitant about installing and OS upgrade that was meant for another carrier. I mean, what's keeping T-Mo from offering the same upgrade if it genuinely works? Is there any downside to installing an upgrade meant for a different carrier?
Old 10-15-2006, 08:02 PM   #4
MythmbHurts
CrackBerry Addict

If you read that whole thread you will find that you have nothing to loose by upgrading your OS. I believe T-mobile is in the procces of testing the .61 OS update and thats the reason they have not went with the .51 you will find lots of info in the OS update thread and I would update your BB if I where you!!! All software released by rim has been tested and will work on any device in the 8100 family trust me its worth the time to upgrade!!
BB 8100 4.2.0.69
Old 10-15-2006, 08:10 PM   #5
Sophist

Thanks for your replies thus far. I'm in the midst of reading the entirety of that thread.

One last question about it that I haven't seen answered in that thread thus far -- is it possible to upgrade this particular version OTA? I have a Mac and don't see how I could do it otherwise (Pocket Mac, even the 4.0 version, has been extremely flakey and I'm not sure if it can even handle OS updgrades).

My apologies for the noob questions.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:28 PM   #6
MythmbHurts
CrackBerry Addict

you have to run bootcamp wich boots your Mac in windows and load it up that way its the only way to do it since there is NO OTA OS updating...
BB 8100 4.2.0.69
Old 10-15-2006, 08:37 PM   #7
Sophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythmbHurts
you have to run bootcamp wich boots your Mac in windows and load it up that way its the only way to do it since there is NO OTA OS updating...
Understood. Thanks for your help.
Closed Thread