Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #1
vyper340
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMobile
Default Cool Tips

Please Login to Remove!

Check these out (I did not see most of them on the docs that came with the Pearl)

Press ALT while rolling the trackwheel to scroll horizontally in any screen where you can type or view text.
When typing text, press and hold a letter while rolling the trackwheel to scroll through the accents, symbols, or marks associated with that character. When the desired character appears, release the letter key.
Press ESCAPE to exit any menu, dialog box, or screen.
Press the first letter or an item in an options list or menu to move directly to that item.
To find a contact in the To or Find screens, type the first letters of a name, or the initials separated by a space.
To copy and paste text, press ALT and click the trackwheel. Roll the trackwheel to select text. To copy the selected text, press ALT and click the trackwheel. To paste the selected text, place the cursor in an editable field, and then press SHIFT and click the trackwheel.
Press and hold a letter to capitalise it (you must have Key Rate enabled).
Press SPACE twice to insert a full stop '.' when typing text (the letter following the full stop will be capitalised automatically).
Press the SPACE key to insert the "@" and "." characters in an Email field.
Press R in an open message or in the Messages application to reply to the sender.
Press F in an open message or in the Messages application to forward the message.
Press L in an open message or in the Messages application to reply to all recipients.
Press ENTER to move down a page in an open message. Press ALT + ENTER to move up a page.
Press ALT + RIGHT SHIFT to turn on CAP-lock mode. Press SHIFT again to turn it off.
Press ALT + O to view outgoing messages. Press ALT + I to view incoming messages.
Press T to go to the top of a list or an open received message. Press B to go to the bottom.
Press N to go to the next date on the Messages screen. Press P to go to the previous date and press U to go to the next unread item.
Press number keys, without using ALT, to insert numbers in the Phone, Work, Home, Mobile, PIN, and Fax fields.
In the Calendar's Day view, press SPACE to go to the next day. Press SHIFT+SPACE to go to the previous day.
In the Calendar's Week view, hold ALT and roll the trackwheel to scroll horizontally through the days.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:33 PM   #2
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

I don't know about these as they refer to using a trackwheel. I recall seeing some of these in my instruction book for my 7100t.

Might work on my 8100, but not sure. I'll give it a try.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 10-16-2006 at 05:52 PM..
Old 10-16-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

These appear to be full qwerty keyboard shortcuts.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #4
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Yesterday from my 8100 I was trying to copy a url so I could e-mail it to someone. Could not figure out how to do it.

Just now tried his tips for copying [To copy and paste text, press ALT and click the trackwheel. Roll the trackwheel to select text. To copy the selected text, press ALT and click the trackwheel. To paste the selected text, place the cursor in an editable field, and then press SHIFT and click the trackwheel. ].

I simply pressed the trackball instead. Worked perfect.

So that's cool.

And I guess "THANKS" are in order.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 10-16-2006 at 05:58 PM..
Old 10-16-2006, 06:01 PM   #5
vyper340
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMobile

I got it straight from the O2 site on the Blackberry. I travel to the UK frequently but live in the US and found it while surfing around. I've tried a couple of the things and they were helpful...
Old 10-16-2006, 11:25 PM   #6
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

I'll have to try these out tomorrow...getting sleepy.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #7
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Alt shift gives #
Closed Thread